Why Do Beautiful Women Fall For Ugly Men?

These women have a higher sense of what it is to be beautiful. It is not only what you see outside that appeals to them. They see love with their hearts.Most Filipinos have not embraced this type of mentality that most Europeans and Westerners have. We are too hypnotized by women's magazines and too much vanity in advertisements. It's like they are telling us what is or not beautiful and we can't decide for ourselves. Have you notice the beauty products area in the department stores? And the tons of whitening products which is also being sold in sari-sari stores in sachets?

Take Seal for example and his wife Heidi Klum. With her supermodel status, she could have a Dicapprio or an Affleck but she fell fall for Seal. I guess in this relationship money is irrelevant.

Or maybe they had experiences with two-timing, wife-beating, egotistical and testosterone-overloaded good-looking guys.

IMHO

These women have a higher sense of what it is to be beautiful. It is not only what you see outside that appeals to them. They see love with their hearts.Most Filipinos have not embraced this type of mentality that most Europeans and Westerners have. We are too hypnotized by women's magazines and too much vanity in advertisements. It's like they are telling us what is or not beautiful and we can't decide for ourselves. Have you notice the beauty products area in the department stores? And the tons of whitening products which is also being sold in sari-sari stores in sachets?

Take Seal for example and his wife Heidi Klum. With her supermodel status, she could have a Dicapprio or an Affleck but she fell fall for Seal. I guess in this relationship money is irrelevant.

Or maybe they had experiences with two-timing, wife-beating, egotistical and testosterone-overloaded good-looking guys.

IMHO

I know what you mean, its what media dictates and i actually work in Advertising abroad and i know exactly how it works. I think the problem with filipinos in the lot is that they don't have their own identity, They presume that they are in love but they have the movie in their mind, you know, happy ever after and whatnot but in truth they don't know what it is. Love grows into you eventually in time, Love will spring itself out in time and not love at first sight. I say this in my experience, i've been in love several times because i want to fall like Meg Ryan would with Billy Crystal and Tom Hanks, but i'm actually in love with the idea of being in love with the movies.

Seal is a self-made guy and Heidi is so they both have something in common, they are both succesful in their own field. I would rather be with someone who is self made because i don't want someone to depend on me because i am earning well in my career.

Beautiful women fell in love with ugly successful guys, they don't want to be with someone who can't keep with their job. In a egostistical society such as in Manila, would i rather go out with someone who is good looking and has a so-so job or be with someone who is successful?

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO

I agree.

Minsan kase ang gwapo nga tapos habang tumatagal mona s'ya nakikilala eh pumapangit na s'ya sa paningin mo kase may panget na attitude. Para sakin kase diko masasabing gwapo ang isang lalaki hangat diko nakikita yung totoong s'ya. Kaya masasabi kong, dilang ang mata minsan ang nakakakita ng totoong katangian ng isang tao. Kundi sa nararandaman din. Kaya kapag nakakakita ako ng magandang girl tapos may kasama or bf na panget, naiisip ko, siguro mabait yung guy at nakaka inlove siguro talaga pagnakasama mo. Yun kase minsan ang masasabi nating tunay na pagmamahal. Ang pagtitinginang tagos sa puso at dilang sa panlabas na kaanyuan..

• 2 weeks later...

funny nakakarelate ako d2... hahaha, yes i'm not gwapo, not even half of the girls perceive as a hunk. so i guess, its more of the personality and character ng guy, second how he sells himself, how to talk to girls, making them feel comfortable, having a great time together, making every second count, na in the end ikaw ang laging hinahanap. putting a smile in a girls face is not rocket science. i guess its the moments that you share with the girl and not the face that matters. ang importante masaya kayo. then the holding hands will be tighter, the hugs will be warmer, every text, every phone call mean more. its not the money, its not even the trophy attitude(gwapo ng BF ko and shows them to her clan attitude ). its more of, i'm happy with the person i'm with so i'm staying with him because he loves me more than i love him mentality :) yeah its my experience, and its something that is real, and mostly real girls can understand. capische?

May naaalala akong couple na nakita ko sa greenhills yung babae mukhang modelo matangkad, makinis parang labanos artistahin talaga itsura, yung lalake naman mukhang sapatos. I think it's all about personality and their chemistry or there's something about a guy that will make a girl like that fall possibly his career, he's intelligent, he's fun, spontaneous, matured who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...