Why Do Beautiful Women Fall For Ugly Men?

Humanap Ka Ng Panget (The ‘C’ Factors)

Madalas ba kayong makakita sa mga malls, resorts, restos, at iba pang public places na mga love couples na kung saan ang girl ay drop-dead gorgeous, at ma-drop kayo na halos ma-dead sa kapangitan ng guy?

Why do some lovely women fall for unattractive men? Cars? Cash? And all other C’s you could think of,,,? But those are all just accessories… maybe just 20-30% of the equation…may be even zero/nil…The majority lies in the other immaterial C’s such as charm, charisma, character, care, cheers, and arguably the most attractive thing pretty ladies find in ‘ugly’ guys, confidence.

See, it takes a lot of confidence for an unattractive man to hook up with a pretty girl. You know the drill, I’m sure all of us guys have been there at least once wherein we shied away from the pretty ones, and it takes a lot of guts to step forward. An ordinary safe guy would maybe test the water initially, and would eventually turn cold feet. The thing is, with some ‘ugly’ guys who know they’re not Brad Pitt or Derek Ramsay, a lot of them know how to emphasize and project their other attributes and ‘attitude.’

In short, a confident man, whatever his appearance, knows how to be a man’s man, a take-charge, i-know-what-i-want, take-no-crap-from-no-woman kind of guy, and women know that this will last longer than most physical aspects. Of course it doesn’t hurt to have the goods, diba? Bonus na yung magandang lalake ka pa! Pero sa tagal ng paglipas ng panahon, non-factor na actually ang looks…

Let’s face it, looks account for a lot. That’s the first thing women see. It gives them the incentive or push to get to know men better and see his nice and not-so-nice traits. Fortunately, most women are smart enough to look through the facade and see men for what they truly are.

Looks can take you far, but only up to a certain point. When we start having our careers, looks isn’t the only factor that gets the girl. You still need the personality, the wit, the charm, and the skill to balance them all. A combination of thoughtfulness/kindness, charisma, and style are inevitable. The formula ‘though varies with each girl. The art is in determining how much of each to put in the mix.

Bottom line is, learn to play your cards right.

As the old saying goes” beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. If you get past the good hygiene and overall clean appearance, what women are really looking for is security and connection (another C). Security could mean a number of variables such financially, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. For the most part, most women want to be taken cared of and be treated like a women, better yet a queen. Actions speak louder than words and what a naked eye could see. The way in which the unattractive man treats and connects with his significant other in private and in public transcends any physical appearance.

At the end of the day, the wise woman picks the man who she knows will love her and accept her for what she is, warts and all. One who would also remain interesting enough to spend the rest of her life with. A man who would protect her and keep her safe from anything that life’s challenges may throw at them.

I remember a scene in the full-length animation movie “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?”, there was a scene where a character asks Jessica Rabbit what she saw in Roger Rabbit. And Jessica Rabbit says very sexily and throatily, “He makes me laugh”. That’s charm and cheers for you.

Men who have come to rely heavily on their looks tend to take much for granted. On the other hand, “ugly” men have one less hang-up to deal with. If they are keen on this, their focus shifts from appearance to substance…not just in relationships, but in other areas of their life. Good looks only trigger the primal instinct of women (it’s the first response, kaya nga primal eh) but then the evaluation begins and there rests the answer to the question of ‘gusto ko ba siyang makasama habang buhay?’. Eye candy is good, you can have a trophy BF or husband, question is, is it a trophy worth keeping?

Its all subjective what the mind chooses to see. Yung maganda at drop-dead gorgeous dati kasi gustong gusto mo, pero now ng makita mong nababawasan na ang ganda sa paglipas ng panahon, did her appearance change? Maybe, but your appreciation for her hasn’t – and it has been for the better. Kaya if you want to have a beautiful wife… simply fall in love with her everyday.

Real beauty is beyond the naked eye could see…

• 1 month later...

Because women don't put too much weight on appearances, unlike men. That's why men cannot understand why beautiful women fall for "ugly" men. If you are a person who puts too much value on looks, then no amount of explaining can make you understand.

I once had a crush on Gabe Mercado. He is one head shorter than me, he is fat and he is not handsome. But I truly liked him in year 2000, when I attended a silent retreat and he was the retreat master. I never had the courage to even "show" him how much I wanted him. I can only look at him from afar because I was too shy to do anything about it.

i think SOME women just go for the Comfortable lifestyle. I'm not generalizing the whole populous but I've known some who would go for the Cars Cash and Credit Cards and try to justify it as ROMANTIC CRAP.

they'd rather choose a guy who has been courting them for only days with those Characteristics than a guy who has been courting them for decades.laugh.gif

Guest Buhawi957

Because they see something that is also beautiful. It could be strength of character, a pleasing personality, a bright disposition or as Smokey Manaloto would say "ang kapantay ng magandang lalake ay ang lalakeng nakakatawa". Pwede rin pera, talino o dahil sa impluensiya o kapangyarihan.

Sometimes, the girl just undervalues herself.

I've seen some pretty girls who have not-so-attractive girls as their barkada. Pag nagrereklamo yun not-so-attractive barkada na hindi sila makakuha ng BF, yun maganda tuloy sa kanila, natatakot na rin, and they fall for the first guy na malakas ang loob manligaw sa kanila (kahit gaano ka-pangit pa yun lalaki).

won't be sarcastic, i also consider a bit of the looks, but what counts more important to me

is how he carries himself, gaano kaganda ang values niya especially in treating a lady,

and pangkalahatan his character. di naman sobrang smart, but can make a good conversation

a plus for me if he could make me laugh. :wub:

looks would fade eventually remember, but good character/personality won't.

in the long run. :rolleyes: