Vintage / Classic Cars

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

May question lang ako. Ung mga vintage cars ba 70s model down tumatakbo ba using unleaded gasoline? Kc they are running on leaded gasoline before. Wala ba effect sa engine short or long term pag unleaded gasoline karga? Para di Ot, ung friend ko meron 1965 Mustang sa garahe nila. Di tumatakbo. Hirap daw hanapan ng piyesa. Kung gusto mo ba mag restore ng mga vintage cars may makukuha ka pang piyesa o you have to resort to fabricated or replacements na lang?

• 1 month later...

depends on how deep a restoration you want to do.

take for example a volkswagen. there are some who would restore the bug to factory specs. so for example you have a 1962 model. there are only a few color choices that were produced on that year. the engine should be of the same year. the seat covers should be of that particular design for that year. its very time consuming and expensive to restore classic cars.

but first thing you need to do is research on your project car first. if its a pretty common vintage car. then parts would be available in the states.

Yup, if I'm not mistaken, that is called number-coding. Sobrang mahal and very time consuming. But I'm sure it will be worth everything in the end.

Me, I have a 1969 mustang grande waiting to be restored. Wala pa ako extra money. Inuna ko muna other hobbies ko: diving and photography, which are both expensive hobbies.

Demolitionman: nice mustang bro. Where did you have it restored?

• 4 months later...