What Got You Started Into Gaming?

mayorsam

Commodore 64...the one and all entertainment keyboard with the floppy dish drive on the side that was the bomb back then!! Double Dribble, Street Fighter (6 disks!!)

man i miss the good ol' games...i dunno about you guys but i was hooked into gaming more then than now, im not really a big fan into the new games....back then i would play all night trying to beat the score not like now just wanna complete the game to find out the FMV squence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My Commodore 64... Sobrang old school siya na pc .. gamit niya 5 1/2 floppy with a cartridge drive sa likod... pero mga games dun classic .. ultima 3 , 4 , mario brothers, elite , etc.. then move on to family com.. lalo na contra and double dragon.. tapos sega snes na.. then 2loy 2loy na :D

While it was the old Atari2600 and the Nintendo Game and Watches that introduced me to the joys of video gaming, it was playing Ultima Exodus 3 on my trusty old Apple II +, (with 64k RAM), that elevated it to a passion...Up to now, I still love them games! Particularly MMORPGS...(I was a 4 year veteran of Ultima Online and am now concentrating on Guild Wars).

• 1 month later...

I guess just like every bodyelse, the famicom did me in. I don't have much time playing games anymore, which is why I now only play games which i believe is worth my time and effort ... playing games for me is an addiction im not about to let go.

Maybe veteran gamers out there can relate, that because of these games influence on us, we see life from a perspective not readily visible to non-gamers --- that life is indeed a game; where there are stages, set objectives and an ultimate goal. Games have taught me to work smart instead of working hard, make careful, precise decisions, and to influence and make predicatably designed results.

famicom din. i think it was 1988. i saw someone play Contra and right then and there i wanted my own family computer. :boo: got one a few months later and never stopped buying and playing new games. back then, i can finish the whole game (contra) without continues. ganun na ako kagaling dun hehe.

a year later, i received a Gameboy. then after a few months, bought myself a Megadrive. and after a few years again, Playstation naman. then Dreamcast. then Playstation 2. hehe. although right now, im having second thoughts about Xbox360. im turning 24 na eh. tanda ko na. :blush: