Does God Answer Your Prayers?

• 2 weeks later...
I need to be assured that God answer prayers. I sometimes feel neglected by Him. I'm sure there are those who feel the same way, too.

Let's hear it from you so we may have hope. Please, share with us the small miracles you have directly witnessed.

Thank you.

If you need to be reassured that God exists, it means that you've given up hope or no longer believe in God. Even if I share instances of "small miracles" with you, you would not believe it because you're asking for "proof" in something very hard to substantiate. Believing in God takes faith.

There have been times in my life that I've questioned whether God exists. I've gone back and forth on it a few times. However, I've come to realize that my life is more complete knowing there is a God, than believing that there is nothing out there.

When I was younger, my grandmother would take me to church with her. Even now, my mother will go to church a few times a week. Most people in the world believe in SOMETHING. I'd like to think that so many people believe in God because they can feel His Existence. We may all see or interpret God in different ways, but we do feel Him.

I believe in evolution. I think that Adam and Eve is just a story that people came up with to explain how God brought us about. There were no scientists around to explain everything but we still wanted to demonstrate God's part in creation.

I know that one day, our sun will explode and the earth will cease to be. And even before all of that, I know I will die. But every morning I awake, I thank God for another day and somehow, I feel better because I know I still have some hope in me.

Guest buru_tus
i believe that He answers prayers. But come to think of it, hindi lahat sinasagot. Honestly, i get frustrated kpag di ko nakukuha gusto ko. Like i prayed and prayed for better finances, pero walang improvement. God is soveriegn, He's not a vending machine na lagi mo makukuha gusto mo kapag may nilagay kang pera.

He lets others live, while some people die kahit grabe ang prayers. Sometimes, even if you work hard and pray hard for something good, di niya binibigay, for some unknown reason. This part is really difficult to accept.

Faith is not always the magic word. Abraham was  a MAN OF FAITH, but he did not see the promises of God completely with in his lifetime.

Because we are only humans with limited knowledge, it's not an easy thing to accept why God sometimes doesn't grant your requests.

r u in deep debt?

naghihirap na ba kayo?

nalipasan ka na ba ng gutom?

naglakad ka na ba pauwi, dahil wala kang pamasahe?

if not! why are you complaining that some other time, GOD doesn't answer your prayers?

Edited by buru_tus

What is the purpose of prayer?

What can a finite being on Earth possibly tell an omnipotent, omniscient, Universe-creating deity that he/she/it doesn't know already?

If prayer actually worked, the Pope would live forever.

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day...

Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish...

What is the purpose of prayer?

-to communicate with God.

What can a finite being on Earth possibly tell an omnipotent, omniscient, Universe-creating deity that he/she/it doesn't know already?

-God wants a relationship with His creation, thats why we are created in His image, you cannot have a relationship if you dont communicate.

If prayer actually worked, the Pope would live forever.

-to live is for Christ to die is gain, no one who loves God wants to live forever on earth, you can do that in heaven

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day...

Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish...

-if your father in earth if you ask for bread will not give you a snake, what more if you ask from your father in heaven who is good, should He deprive you of good things.

-the problem is you asked not therefore you recieved not.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe that God have answered all my request, questions and prayers.

It may not be on that moment i needed it but He asked me to wait cause He will give me all what He knows I need on the right time. And that is perfect.

He may not given me what I wanted, because He knows that I deserve much more better than what I want.