LA Lakers

When both of my parents died, the hardest part is not letting go of whom we have lost, it's finding the strength and courage to move forward without them.

Grief is an obstacle course filled with unanswerable questions, terrible longings and deep regrets. But it eventually ends. I can handle that.

But I am unwilling to go through the pain again. It's ferocious, uncaring. unsympathetic.

Although my relations with Kobe was neither familial nor personal; he was my IDOL, enough to have left an imprint in my adult life as a basketball enthusiast. Wonderful thoughts that are now stained with suffering, again...

And that was why, on an ordinary misty-drenched early morning of January 27, 2020; I allowed myself to cry again.

At age 52, old and retired, I am broken yet again. Nevertheless, I knew I can handle that, yet again.

I will never forget the moment he smiled and took my handshake on his first visit to Manila

I knew then he was destined for GREATNESS

Edited by BiradorNgBUCOR

If they don't retire the jersey, maybe ensuring that whoever has the opportunity to wear his number, wears it with honour and pride. Who has a work hard to perfect his craft type of player. Not a big head, big mouthed, ugly on & off the court attitude type of player. Regardless of who he is and how great he is or can be, he needs to show he is worthy! It's now not only a number but a number with a story.

post-482166-0-35091700-1580385430_thumb.jpg

Even with 2 million petitions in change.org, NBA is not keen on changing the current NBA logo.

attachicon.gif82848230_3711837448841314_9064664650146119680_o.jpg

I don't think Jerry West won't mind since he's passing it from one Laker to another.

with great, great, great respect to Kobe

I don't think and believe he will vote for this

he is after all no primadonna

and he owes his NBA start w/ the Lakers

with the man in the NBA logo

• 2 weeks later...

Natapos na din ang trade deadline. Mabuti na lang at walang nangyaring trade sa Lakers. Laging laman ng trade rumors si Kyle Kuzma. Sa ganda ng nilalaro niya at ibinibigay niyang quality minutes, malabo talagang matrade.

If aint broke, why fix it?

pero napapansin ko lng kay Kyle minsan ball hogger na rin.... ayaw mamasa kahit open yung team mates nya

• 2 weeks later...

And now they signed Dion Waiters instead of JR Smith.

Exciting game today against East leading Milwaukee Bucks.

Hope so... I will route for the Lakers, but expect the Bucks to win.

On the Waiters signing, I believe the contract was structured so that at any time they can release him and possibly sign Smith or anyone else avail.

Clash between the best in the west and the best in the east. West leader prevails.

LA Lakers (48-13) clinched playoffs berth since 2013 with a 113-103 win against East leading Milwaukee Bucks (53-10) who also clinched playoffs berth in the East. It's also a battle between two candidates for season's MVP, The King and The Greek Freak.

LBJ leads the team with 37pts on 12/21, 57.10% FG shooting and 12/15 FT, 8rebs, 8assts and 3 stls in 36mins followed by Anthony Davis with 30pts on 10/24 41.70 FG shooting and 10/11 FT, 9rebs and 2blks in 26mins. Kyle Kuzma has almost double double output with 11pts and 8rebs.

Next game against Clippers with 2-0 head to head season match up against the Purple and Hold.

You should start a thread for sports bets..... I wonder if there are a lot of members here who make NBA wagers etc. ?

As of this 3/4 of the season, in my opinion LeBron James and Giannis Antetokounmpo are the two players now closed in seasons' MVP award candidate. They are already locked in All NBA First Team and the three remaining spots goes to Luka Doncic, James Harden and Joel Embiid.

My list for All NBA 1st, 2nd and 3rd team as of 3/4 of the season through 60 games.

All NBA 1st Team

PG Luka Doncic DAL 28.4ppg 9.4rpg 8.7apg 33.1mpg

SG James Harden HOU 34.6ppg 6.3rpg 6.3apg 36.7mpg

C Joel Embiid PHI 23.3ppg 11.8rpg 3.1apg 30.3mpg

PF Giannis Antetokounmpo MIL 29.6ppg 13.7ppg 5.8apg 30.9mpg

SF LeBron James LAL 25.6ppg 7.8rpg 10.7apg 34.9mpg

All NBA 2nd Team

PG Damian Lillard POR 29.3ppg 4.3rpg 7.9apg 36.9mpg

SG Russel Westbrook HOU 27.5ppg 8.1rpg 7.0apg 36.0mpg

C Nikola Jokic DEN 20.7ppg 10.2rpg 6.8apg 23.3mpg

PF Anthony Davis LAL 26.6ppg 9.5rpg 3.2apg 34.3mpg

SF Kawhi Leonard LAC 26.9ppg 7.5rpg 5.1apg 32.3mpg

All NBA 3rd Team

PG Kemba Walker BOS 21.6ppg 4.1rpg 5.0apg 31.9 mpg

SG Devin Booker PHX 25.9ppg 4.1rpg 6.5rpg 36.1mpg

C Karl Anthony Towns MIN 26.5ppg 10.8rpg 4.4apg 33.9mpg

PF Pascal Siakam TOR 23.6ppg 7.5rpg 3.5apg 35.4mpg

SF Jimmy Butler MIA 20.5ppg 6.8rpg 6.2apg 34.5mpg

Honorable Mentions: Trae Young ATL, Bradley Beal WAS, Rudy Gobert UTA, Bam Adebayo MIA and Jayson Tatum BOS

Defensive Player of the year: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Anthony Davis, Rudy Gobert

Most Improved Player: Devin Booker PHX, Trae Young ATL, Brandon Ingram NOP

Rookie of the year: Hands down to Ja Morant of Memphis

Well thought out. I can see you’re a bigger fan of the NBA than I am. I only follow a few teams, but your knowledge encompasses the entire NBA.

• 3 weeks later...