People's Palace in Greenbelt! Great food, great ambiance. And looks like there are waiters going around serving fragrant rice if you want more. We had fried rice, kaya i couldn't validate if all you can eat yung rice dito. But the food, in general, is quite good. Try the fried fish!!

pag nagawi kayo ng Dubai, meron masarap na Thai Resto at Karama area...

Bai Thong, authentic as authentic can be....hit sa mga filipino dito and

masarap talaga...I like Tom yum pho tak...but the once getting most attention

is the stir fried beef...the best.

Talaga? How disappointing! Did you try the tom yam? Actually, there is no such thing as bagoong rice served on the streets of Bangkok. The same with chicken wrapped in pandan leaves that I notice is on the menu in every Thai resto in Manila.. The Thais have their own bagoong that is similar to what we have here. But it is never served together with rice.

Really? I thought they were common items. When a Thai friend asked before what we used to serve, I said "we have Kai hor bai toi and Khao kluk Khapi" and she commented we do serve Thai. Then she said something about mixed regions.

Another peculiarity...spring rolls are not part of usual street fare in Thailand. I think the only reason why it is served here is because Pinoys can identify it with the lumpiang Shanghai. And so the search for decent and legit Thai food in Manila continues....

Poppiah Thot? most likely. Poppiah is more Malay & Chinese than Thai.

Edited by floppydrive

I frequent a thai restaurant along banawe st., quezon city (It's called Muang Thai). If I'm not mistaken, if ur coming from quezon avenue. its' somewhere just past maria clara st. (there's a Mcdo or Jollibee at the corner of maria clara).

Anyways, the food is reasonable priced, and I think they have the best bagoong rice. The spring rolls are also good, no meat on the springrolls, just veggies. you can ask for the slightly spicier sauce if you dont want the sweet one.

I also enjoyed the thai restaurant in Dusit, I think its named Benjarong. Of course since its located inside the hotel, a bit more pricey, but still good. I noticed that the resto is managed by a thai lady.[/size]

The group behind the old Suko Thai restaurants in the malls have opened a smaller, affordable place in Makati. About 5 months old, they're using some of the old Suko Thai recipes & cooks.

Thai Pad - ground floor of Marvin Plaza Bldg., along the corner of Chino Roces Ave & Rufino St.

Forget it bro .... ang mahal pa ng food not worth it

meron daw masarap na thai place na malapit sa rockwell? meron ba sa inyo mga faps may alam dito?

baka may fr lang kayo tungkol dito.

rinig ko masarap daw yung bagoong rice dito eh

The THAI FOOD here sucked and sucks ....

Bagoong Rice .... forget it ...

The spring roll ... talk about factory made

The Thai Tea - A mediocre version of Teh Tarik (Malaysian/Indian) The real thing

is made from fresh tea leaves and made frothy

@ SBM

do not bother .... my colleague thought about a hidden resto so i brought her here ...

Forget it jazzy

meron daw masarap na thai place na malapit sa rockwell? meron ba sa inyo mga faps may alam dito?

baka may fr lang kayo tungkol dito.

rinig ko masarap daw yung bagoong rice dito eh

The THAI FOOD here sucked and sucks ....

Bagoong Rice .... forget it ...

The spring roll ... talk about factory made

The Thai Tea - A mediocre version of Teh Tarik (Malaysian/Indian) The real thing

is made from fresh tea leaves and made frothy

@ SBM

do not bother .... my colleague thought about a hidden resto so i brought her here ...

I remember being in Davao before. I was getting sick and tired of the grilled tuna, panga, belly, kilawin and etc. I came accross this Thai restaurant named Krua Thai. It was really a treat for one who craves for extreme asian flavor.

Do you recall where it was exactly? Prices, amount of servings? Any tip/s would be helpful. Thanks.

THere's a Krua Thai, that started in Cebu, then opened branches in Manila and Iloilo. I'm not sure if the one in Davao is related. There's a Krua Thai in Megamall 4th level Building B.

Edited by floppydrive
  • 4 weeks later...