63 replies to this topic

#41 whackptu

whackptu

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:05 PM

How much ang damage dito? And how long ang travel time pag car driven from Manila?

#42 Seta Sinestro

Seta Sinestro

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

Last Holy Thursday (April 21) we went on a trip to Bagac, Bataan to a place called Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar. Here's a description of the place from their website.

A living museum of Philippine customs and traditions are re-born in a community typical of the 18th to early 20thcentury Philippines. Historical Principalia or noble class mansions, House of Stone or Bahay na Bato and Wooden Stilt houses that once, were old and decaying architectural pieces of a bygone era and slowly fading into the background of modern urban life are now, restored in a picturesque setting reminiscent of a Juan Luna or Amorsolo paintings. These architectural treasures that have been carefully and painstakingly reconstructed from different parts of the country and rebuilt, "brick by brick" and "plank by plank" now , stand resplendent with pride against a backdrop of majestic mountains, expansive rice fields and a running river that flows to the sea.

Currently, there are twenty seven heritage architectures, each full with memories and history.

Walking along village cobblestone streets or riding one of the caruajes (horse-drawn carriages) commands a feeling of nostalgia and wonder, romance and appreciation of simple living at its best.

At Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar, the legacy of our forefathers and the beautiful Filipino traditions live on. It is a step back into the past, reliving the age- old traditions and practices distinct to our culture, without leaving the luxury and comforts of the modern world.

A showcase of Filipino talent, ingenuity and craftsmanship, Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar takes pride in the past... And keeps its hope for the future.

I took some photos of the place and here they are.

For more info on the place, visit their site: Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar

Edited pictures to fit maximum allowed size.

Dito nagshoot yung karamihan ng building scenes sa Heneral Luna :) went here before the movie was shot here.

Mahal food and drinks. Coke in can P85!!

Pero worth it yung place, lalo if you're into feeling PH history with your hands. Many buildings here have parts from the original structures pa.

Edited by sinestro, 22 January 2016 - 10:01 PM.

#43 Seta Sinestro

Seta Sinestro

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1640 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

Oh one more thing: if you plan on going here, DO NOT GO DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS. Ang init. Sobra. May pool pero maliit lang. Makes for a nice swim, then you get toasted paglabas lol. Best months would probably be around November-January.

When I last went here marami pang tinatayong structures, even a pier I think. So baka magkaron din ng water rides soon. The place really needs LOTS more trees.

#44 Sevenshot

Sevenshot

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:40 AM

Very nice place. Parang wala ka sa Pilipinas. As far as I know, pwede daytrip dito. Parang tour around the casas with a little history refresher.

#45 cabhit

cabhit

Voyeur

• (02) Sinless
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:42 PM

Oh one more thing: if you plan on going here, DO NOT GO DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS. Ang init. Sobra. May pool pero maliit lang. Makes for a nice swim, then you get toasted paglabas lol. Best months would probably be around November-January.

When I last went here marami pang tinatayong structures, even a pier I think. So baka magkaron din ng water rides soon. The place really needs LOTS more trees.

I agree with this, basing from blogs and pictures posted in the web, parang walang mga puno, mas gaganda to kung lalagyan or dadagdagan ng mga trees.

#46 jerzz

jerzz

Travel Photographer

• Ambassador
  • 5287 posts
  • Interests:Meet & Mate New Friends

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:37 AM

I agree with this, basing from blogs and pictures posted in the web, parang walang mga puno, mas gaganda to kung lalagyan or dadagdagan ng mga treMa

Baka yung logic nila ayaw matakpan yung mga lumang bahay ng mga puno. Yun ang binabayaran

#47 Batman Padilla

Batman Padilla

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Batgirls

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:30 PM

Is it cheaper to stay in a hotel somewhere in Subic then just spend a day checking out the old houses around the place?

#48 Marvs1030

Marvs1030

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:10 PM

Heard its a nice place but never been there. Any idea hiw much?

#49 CirocBoy

CirocBoy

OMW2FYB

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:OMW2FYB

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:07 AM

This place is quite expensive but it's really really nice. I've been here twice. The place is still an on going project so you'll see constructions when you decide to come over.

I think room rates starts at 10k per night, not sure about that. But the most expensive one costs 150k per night, it's the one near the candaba house. That's where the owner usually stays.

I agree with everyone here, the food here is so dang expensive. A pandesal costs like 20 peso, if I'm not mistaken and a sago gulaman is around 90. But other than that, it's really a nice place in which you can do a lot of things even island hopping, jet skis, etc. Just make sure you're willing to open up your wallet especially the jet ski part. If I remember it right, it costs like 4500 per hour. The island hopping part costs like 2500 for a maximum of 8 people. I don't think the island hopping part is under las casas. Not sure about that. But during our stay there, there was this one guy who approached us when we were on the beach and asked us if we wanna go island hopping.

Other than the expensive food, hot weather, and some ghost stories in each room, it's a nice place to stay in. It's very relaxing and it feels like it's a different community.

Also, almost forgot, they know offer day tours. They have 3 different packages. It starts at 1k per head. Can't remove the perks of it besides the tour itself, the right to use the pool, and some complimentary drinks and snacks. We never really did that. We just toured the place on our own

#50 Dhunter5

Dhunter5

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:50 AM

A bit pricey but nice place and quite unique

#51 Sportsman123

Sportsman123

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:21 PM

Cool to see some old houses where they retained bullet holes when the mayor that used to live there got assassinated. Been there during its beginning time. I bet a lit has changed already

#52 soen

soen

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:18 AM

parang nasa panahon ka ni Heneral Luna.

#53 junoandador

junoandador

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:17 AM

Worth a visit! Very nice view especially for pictorial.

#54 Clark Cant

Clark Cant

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:sports
    food
    art/lit
    girls

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

It's been chosen to be one of the very few in the Conde Nast list: 

https://www.johansen...inas-de-acuzar/

Only El Nido aside from Las Casas, if I'm not mistaken, is located in the Philippines

It also is now part of the Historic Hotels Worldwide:

http://www.historich...inas-de-acuzar/

#55 braullo

braullo

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

mahal dito tapos nakakatakot matulog sa lumang bahay haha

#56 Papa Popoy

Papa Popoy

God of Lust

• (12) Mega Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9075 posts
  • Interests:Travel, gadgets, sports, food, nightlife and friendly people

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

If u appreciate old houses and if u like history, u will enjoy visiting this place

#57 baMbee🐝

baMbee🐝

Patron

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1707 posts
  • Interests:Travel, love, more
    🔴Beautiful, sexy, sweet
    🔵Maayos kausap
    ⚫Top massage, service

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:55 PM

I want to visit this place to know more of history.
See you.

#58 kyliebog

kyliebog

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

firstime to visit i said WOW, second time Boring na. Mahal din masyado

#59 odin02

odin02

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:All about Improvement..

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

will try this place.

#60 Ferdz Lopez

Ferdz Lopez

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:03 PM

Do you know of any promo offered by Las Casas? Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users