LA Lakers

There's always a grey area when it comes to the question who is the GOAT. Michael Jordan said it best. He feels that it is a disrespect to the other great players to claim the GOAT title since he had not played in the 60s and 70s. I think this applies to Bird and James. We can't really say who is better since we never saw them play together.

Good point but I would still put Bird over James as the greatest small forward ever but I won't elaborate unless I am asked.

Lebron might even overtake Kareem's scoring total. This is because Lebron never had any serious injury in his career except last year. Now if Lebron played in the 80s like Bird against the bad boys Pistons, could he have played same no. of games injury free?

Good point, padre. Another good question would be, would James have taken the extreme physicality of the "Bad Boys"?

Poor Cousins nagpapayat pa naman sya paramas gumaan katawan and mag reduce ng injury. I hope he gets back come playoff time and provides a good solid 15-20 min bench rotation. Pero i play fantasy bball back when he was at NO and I think hes really not that good of a fit with AD ( maybe cause he plays a slow back to the basket pace ). Im not 100% with Howard pero I saw an interview na in this stage of his career gusto lang nya maging Ala Draymond Green and help the team all around. However injury prone din si Howard eh. I think they need someome whos not too young but still hungry.

They should not have traded Zubac

I agree with you. It was really a dumb trade with the Clippers but assuming they didn't trade Zubac mid season they would have probably traded him off-season to clear cap space for another potential max contract player.

We can safely assume Cousins will probably miss the entire regular season so Lakers need to get another Center. Here are the list of possible signings.

1. Dwight Howard (needs to be waived by Grizzlies)

2. Joakim Noah

3. Kenneth Faried

Among the 3, I like Joakim Noah. Yes, I understand he had many injuries throughout his entire career but he was healthy last year and was able to contribute. He has no ego and knows his role among superstars. Kenneth Faried was a very good role player last year for the Rockets but he is undersized standing 6' 8". He might be overwhelmed by Joker, Embiid, and other towering centers. He is also expecting a bigger pay and might not accept a veteran's minimum. Dwight Howard is easily the most talented among the 3 if healthy and motivated to play. He needs to be waived by MG which I believe they will waive him. The biggest concern is obviously his attitude problem, enormous ego, and lack of motivation. Howard left a bad taste in Lakers' mouth but considering the gravity of the situation and Howard's commitment to change his ways, management should look into signing him.

If I were to choose, I'll go for Joakim Noah. He'll be a downgraded version of Mcgee with some rim protection, energy player, and can score near the basket with a good facilitator (LBJ, AD, Rondo).

Edited by red60

Sayang nga si Cousins. Ganda ng form niya this offseason. Kita mo talaga na nagworkout siya para maging mas fit. He would have been a great role player for the team given his touch around the basket.

For Dwight, ang big question mark sa kanya ay kung nakarecover na ba siya from back surgery at kung kaya ba niya i-set aside yung ego niya for the good of the team.

Poor Cousins nagpapayat pa naman sya paramas gumaan katawan and mag reduce ng injury. I hope he gets back come playoff time and provides a good solid 15-20 min bench rotation. Pero i play fantasy bball back when he was at NO and I think hes really not that good of a fit with AD ( maybe cause he plays a slow back to the basket pace ). Im not 100% with Howard pero I saw an interview na in this stage of his career gusto lang nya maging Ala Draymond Green and help the team all around. However injury prone din si Howard eh. I think they need someome whos not too young but still hungry.

Looks like D12 is done deal,one year non-guarateed

I hope his lingering back injury have recovered

I hope he learn to be humble and know the word HUMILITY

He is 100% healthy and lost weight. Hope he can stay healthy.

As per his ego, I think he had a long chat with coaching staff, AD, LBJ. I'm expecting him to come off the bench.. This is his last chance to redeem himself.

"The contract that Dwight Howard will sign in LAL is called a “summer contract” because it has $0 salary protection (comparable to Anthony Bennett in Houston). Howard will earn $14,490 for every day he is on the roster. The per day clock will start on Oct. 21." - Bobby Marks

I think this is a great contract for the Lakers. This will ensure Dwight's best behavior throughout the season and be motivated to play his best in every game. Dwight agreeing to the terms of contract shows his commitment to win a championship ring and rectify his abysmal seasons after leaving Orlando Magic. Not everyone is fortunate to get a second chance (ahem ahem Carmelo Anthony), I hope DH will take full advantage of the opportunity given to him. I heard he had "phenomenal workout" hence the decision to sign him. I hope it translates well during the season and playoff.

You guys should stop with the what if Lebron was in the 80s era. Yeah he would not be as great but he will still be an all star on that era no doubt. With his body and work ethic, he can hang with those guys.

You ever thought what guys like Steph and Klay be like in those times. With the handcheck rule and the soft rules out the window? Much like John Paxson and Steve Kerr imo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...