Which Internet Service Provider Do You Prefer?

im using isp bonanza for prepaid internet. for dial-up time i give it 8/10. 2 out of 3 times nagcconnect na siya. for bandwidth, i give it 6/10. im using firefox browser with adblock to maximize the webpage loading time, and flashget for my download management needs--but it's still slow when it comes to downloading a 1MB - 2MB file over the net, mga 10 to 15 mins.

Need some advise bros,

My sibblings need internet connection at home for research but our phone has no monthly bills meaning it is only using digikrd prepaid. how could i set-up a dial-up connection? help naman po.

Has nothing to do with the type of billing for your landline. Prepaid only means you get charged per minute that you're connected to the internet + you're also charged per minute for using the phone.

Has nothing to do with the type of billing for your landline. Prepaid only means you get charged per minute that you're connected to the internet + you're also charged per minute for using the phone.

so do i need to use a line splitter for this? That I have to use digikard on the phone to open the line then dial up the modem? using an internet card?

so do i need to use a line splitter for this? That I have to use digikard on the phone to open the line then dial up the modem? using an internet card?

Splitter is only if you want to have 2 lines and hook both RJ11 lines to your modem and phone so that you dont have to change back and forth between the two. So this means that using splitters has nothing to do with what kind of phone billing option you have. Load you phone with the credits, and then dial your ISP. Nothing is different except you pay more per minute on the phone because prepaid credits are metered.

ibig sabihin everytime you going to use your phone to dial-up connection you are going to be charge or nababawasan ang load mo sa phone mo.

and i dont think meron mga ISP na nag ooffer ng call back na kung saan pag dial mo sa number nila automatic mapuputol yung dialing at tatawagan ng system nila yung phone mo na kung saan eh mag kakaroon na ng internet connection.

if pwede, i suggest go dsl or broadband. dial ups promises only 54kbps whereas actually you are logging in at an average of 33kbps. hirap pa mag log in pag rush hour. my client still uses this and they are charged p560 per month. bagal grabe.

dsl or broadband offers 384kbps unlimited at P999 for smartbro or P799 for globelines unlimited din. check your area if they can service your location.

• 3 weeks later...
im using isp bonanza for prepaid internet. for dial-up time i give it 8/10. 2 out of 3 times nagcconnect na siya. for bandwidth, i give it 6/10. im using firefox browser with adblock to maximize the webpage loading time, and flashget for my download management needs--but it's still slow when it comes to downloading a 1MB - 2MB file over the net, mga 10 to 15 mins.

where can i find the adblock in the firefox...thanks

• 2 weeks later...
thanks mga bros. kuripot kasi ng mama ko e sabi ko hati na lang kami sa monthly ng broadband or wifi. hehe what I do na lang is ask them to text me what they need to research tapos research ako dito then save sa flashdrive or print na rin dito. laking katipiran :D

i played around with callback features of dialup servers years ago, i wonder why no ISP offers callback services?

knowing a lot of people nowadays are on prepaid? can anybody shed light on this? is this technically illegal in this country?

kung iisipin mo naman, di rin matatanggal ang dialup lalo na kung emergency at bulok ang broadband provider mo down ng down :cry: ...

• 2 weeks later...

Nun dyan pa me pinas gamit ko ISP Bonanza ok naman ang speed, pero 1½ years ago na yun.... may cellphone ako na pwedeng gamitin sa internet and using this here where I work now and the mobile service gives 480kBps speed.... ung smart network may naka-pag try na ba???

bigay naman ng feedback....

Nun dyan pa me pinas gamit ko ISP Bonanza ok naman ang speed, pero 1½ years ago na yun.... may cellphone ako na pwedeng gamitin sa internet and using this here where I work now and the mobile service gives 480kBps speed.... ung smart network may naka-pag try na ba???

bigay naman ng feedback....

smart 3g gives you 384 to 480kbps internet speed. p10 lang for every thirty minutes. good for those with laptops. pwede rin sa desktops as long as you have a usb cable. i'd rather do this than do dial ups.

• 3 months later...
Guest Makaikishi

ISP Bonanza. Tried and tested, guaranteed of your money's worth. :thumbsupsmiley:

Lately, may problema ang PLDT DSL namin so back to dial-up ako.

before surfster ginagamit ko kaya lang nung bumagal sila kahit off peak hours eh lumipat ako ng pacific internet pero after a few days ganun na rin sila. di na maasahan ang prepaid internet ngayon. dsl or broadband na lang.

Edited by kadjo
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've tried more than a dozen prepaid Internet cards since 1998, and the very best i've tried whether on 33.6 or a 56K dial-up modem is REBEL. Unfortunately, REBEL was discontinued some where in 2000, so I went out and looked for an alternative, trying INFOCOM, BLAST, ISP BONANZA, AND other whose names are not worth remembering. Until I found I-Tipid. I-Tipid is fast for a dial-up, dati mabilis maka-connect due to a wide number of dial-up numbers, unfortunately nag bawas sila dahil na rin sa pag labas ng cable Internet. When i'm connected with I-Tipid on a 33.6 modem, my average sustainable speed, (meaning while downloading a file) never went below 3kbit/sec, unlike with the others, I got hooked with this. Then I also tried Surfmaxx, nung minsang maubusan ako ng I-Tipid sa suki ko. Just like I-Tipid, pero mas mahirap makaconnect. Why? Kasi, konti rin lang a dial-up numbers, pero mabilis ito, kasi, powered sya ng Pacific Internet. That's the 2 choices I have. Any other prepaid card, pupunta na lang ako sa internet cafe at dun na lang ako magi-internet.. :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 months later...

After applying tweaks:

Surfmaxx gamit ko. I rate it 9.

Blast: 5 - bagal eh.

Either way, there are a couple of tweaks that you can do to make surfing a tad faster, especially for us dial-up users. One way is to optimize the modem settings itself and the other one, PM me. Hirap dito mamaya ma-flag ang post ko as spam. :ninja:

Edited by hamie

I started using prepaid internet card since 2000 and my last was around 2005 then i left the country here's my rate

Pacific - 9 from 2000 - 2003 - card was i thing 100 for 2hours.. speed is quite good

Zoom - 8 from 2000 - 2003 - speed is fine 100 for 4hours

Infocom - 9 from 2000 - 2003 fantastic speed for a dial up 100 for 2 hours

ISP Bonanza - i dont remeber when i started using this but it has a good speed for a cheap price i thinkg 100 for 11hours? but then ung dial up number sa place namin was terminated and they concentrate on servicing the metro

PLDT - 8 speed is fine but expensive.. i thnkg 100 for 8 hours? im not sure

Instanet - 9 one of my favorite...

there's a lot more card that i used but i cant remember the names... what i posted are my favorite...

ussually if i feel uncofortable with the ISP Speed I dont use it anymore

note: im not sure how many cards that i used that i actually purchased from my pocket, maybe 5%?... the rest are magic *poof*