1708 replies to this topic

#21 masi

masi

My moment -- wine, a cigar and time.

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2194 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:25 PM

before you buy a stock, you have to determine whether you are in it for the long term or short term.

if short term, learn to sell for everytime profit is made. you can trade online if you plan to play the market. avoid brokers as they get commissions for every trade, buy or sell, win or lose.

if long term, buy blue chips, study their financial statements and read the papers of disclosures. i suggest you get a trader who will happily tell you some "research"

the philippine market has very few movers so even if you think you have insider info, most probably, the movers already made money and you are at the tailend.

lastly, be prepared to lose if you are in the market. but be smart when you are making some profits already.

good luck.

#22 vent536

vent536

malakas din kay BizMan!

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1645 posts
  • Interests:sex

Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:36 AM

ano ba maganda stock ngayon

#23 sanmiguel

sanmiguel

Voyeur

• (02) Sinless
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:40 AM

ano ba maganda stock ngayon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Vent! Why don't you try and visit my website, http://www.tsupitero.com/ :blush:

Manilatonight, I hope you don't mind. :mtc:

#24 bonecrusha

bonecrusha

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:14 AM

before you buy a stock, you have to determine whether you are in it for the long term or short term.

if short term, learn to sell for everytime profit is made. you can trade online if you plan to play the market.  avoid brokers as they get commissions for every trade, buy or sell, win or lose.

if long term, buy blue chips, study their financial statements and read the papers of disclosures.  i suggest you get a trader who will happily tell you some "research"

the philippine market has very few movers so even if you think you have insider info, most probably, the movers already made money and you are at the tailend.

lastly, be prepared to lose if you are in the market.  but be smart when you are making some profits already.

good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

curious, do we have online trading here in the philippines? don't think i've heard of it...

#25 vent536

vent536

malakas din kay BizMan!

• (05) Regular
  • 1645 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:46 AM

i know there are... try bpitrade.com

#26 bonecrusha

bonecrusha

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:50 PM

bpi?? ahh... through a bank with its trading arm then?

#27 warhead

warhead

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:57 AM

anybody here who trade at home? we can swap news, rumors, tips here.

thanks.

#28 rickyv

rickyv

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:48 AM

my father has some shares in basic petrolium now basic consolidated that we want to sell, can somebody help me how to go about this?

#29 vent536

vent536

malakas din kay BizMan!

• (05) Regular
  • 1645 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:23 AM

Well first of all, you have to look for a stock broker, once you find one that you like and trust, you now have to ask your father to open an account, once the account is open you then have to surrender those shares or certificate of stock so that they can credit those shares into your dad's account. Once that is done you can now ask the broker to sell the shares at the price you are willing to sell or let go

#30 rickyv

rickyv

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:44 PM

sorry for the display of ignorance, what account? bank account? how can i find a descent stockbroker?

#31 financial advisor

financial advisor

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:13 PM

sorry for the display of ignorance, what account? bank account? how can i find a descent stockbroker?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if im not mistaken,i think what he meant was you open an account with a brokerage firm. or find a broker that works in a brokerage firm(trading participant in PSE). You can look at www.pse.org.ph for the list of brokerages...if your dad has the actual stock certificates..he must "surrender" them to a brokerage firm and the firm, thru the a licensed broker will sell it for you..

#32 spuke

spuke

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:07 AM

Any tips wat gud to buy, I have apx stocks and now in the losing edge...

#33 xycho_g

xycho_g

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:48 PM

for noobs like me when it comes to stock market, how can one understand whatever goes on sa stock market? dko talaga magets mga numbers representing some i dunno. and i also want to understand those figures sa newspaper. anybody can help? im just interested.

#34 pogingpogi

pogingpogi

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1075 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:21 AM

bro ang gulo mejo humihina na talaga ulo ko...cnu ba pwede magexplain about buying of stock or stockmarket? parang stock 101

#35 ford610

ford610

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:sports,music,computer,camera,tavel

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:54 AM

>hello,i dont if it an good decision my part!last week sell my phileuity fund,since i have buy at P100/UNIT IN 1996,SELL

#36 mj.payne

mj.payne

The MTC Sex Therapist

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4461 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:15 AM

i'd like to know how to play with your money in the stock market, is there anybody can help me

#37 Kapit_tuko

Kapit_tuko

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:00 AM

Any tips wat gud to buy, I have apx stocks and now in the losing edge...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just hold on to it...Any mining issue has a bright prospect since, the Supreme Court has ruled that foreigners who invest in the mining industry can own 100 percent of any company they set up, the government is making it a priority to attract overseas investors. We don't have the money or the technology to make extraction viable but foreign companies do and will, given the right incentives.

#38 magnus

magnus

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:19 PM

me online na broker. me tutorial at simulation game.....

good luck!

i'd like to know how to play with your money in the stock market, is there anybody can help me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#39 AnastacioBoyMartirez

AnastacioBoyMartirez

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:37 AM

you guys want a tip right?

mining industry looks hot, till next 10 -15 years or so. IMO only.

If your seriouse about trading. Look for trading houses, ask for resumes and get your broker. trading houses that can not produce resumes are just lucky, believe me trading takes skills, and when it's your money that is involved you don't want luck.

List the things or industry you want your money to be traded with, your broker should be able to help you out on this ... if you detect that your broker is inept, change him.

It's very important that you read on a lot of stuff. lots and lots of stuff. this is important so you can forecast certain things. keep these 2 words in mind "fear and greed". and with that i leave you guys to your thoughts.

#40 AnastacioBoyMartirez

AnastacioBoyMartirez

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:05 AM

And no im not a broker. I do however play both ends ---

i trade --- pick certain bets and repare for the worst, i have psyched myself that if i lose cause i didnt exit so quickly... dapat ok lang sa akin yun. :(

i sell --- i'm a spin doctor, i make FS's, Business Plans a company's image - look good in paper, and sell them off to bigger companies. I make it a point to become deeply involved with companies i sell, that's how i earn my k*ll.

more tips:

Basic:

read on holding companies playing locally. Know who's who. Know who's selling. Know who's buying. Check their location, ask around, ask how they treat their people (talk to the HR and then talk to the clerks). Research them on the internet, check out who their investing partners are, check the partners background. Hire a private eye and check where they live, find out their family back ground.

Routinary:

Once you get the basics. Check out their trading history, how long they are listed, what they buy, what they sell. Read the local papers, read the business section, read the editorial, go to congress and check out what is being lobbyied. In other words, get deep into the industry as deep as possible.

Advance:

check the weather, political and environmental. Is there a WAR out there you think and feel that will be factored in? Is someone high profile being accused of rape? sh*t like that. Sell high, buy low.

Other tips:

Trading isnt your life. Don't do trading full time, just have fun and take it easy, enjoy when you win pero dapat when you lose okay lang, that's how it is played. That's why you need some distractions like a full time job or a business ... this will keep you balanced and in check.

Take it easy dudes, if you guys have some other tips, please share din, im 2*** and i have tons to learn pa. As of the moment im trading internationally, im betting on CP's and CA's. like i said, locally i have my sites on mining.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)