Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

You guys worry too much about supplementation when most of its contents we take everyday. ( i.e. meat and coffee is protein and caffeine)

Quick one: is taking a thermogenic (Hydrox./Xenadrine/etc) AND supplementing on [whey] protein (no creatine in the process) a bad, much less a pointless, crusade? I figured not, as skipping it altogether would be like not eating meat at all.

Your thoughts on this?

ggg]vgdquote=Olympus,Nov 4 2005, 03:41 PM]

HI GUYS~!!! IVE BEEN WORKING OUT NA FOR 4 MONTHS STRAIGHT ANG IVE GAIN 10KILOS!! NO JOKE MGA BRO !! WANNA SHARE SOME OF THE GOOD AND VERY EFFECTIVE THINGS I STILL DO !! NO SIDE EFFECTS MGA PARE !! ALL NATURAL!! HERE IT IS!

ON SUPPLEMENTS:

1> BUMILI KAYO NUNG ENERVON HP NA CHOCO POWDER!! ( RED NA LATA ANG LALAGYAN NYA) = DRINK THIS ONE 3 X A DAY EVERY AFTER MEAL!!! SUNDIN LANG NINYO ANG INSTRUCTION!! MGA P280 PESOS LANG ITO 1,000 GRAM NA!! MATIPID !! EFFECTIVE MASS N MUSCLE BUILDER CIA!!

2> EAT A LOT AFTER U WORKOUT!!! YAN ANG THE BEST TIME!! LALAKI KA WEN AT REST AND NOT WHILE WORKING OUT!! DAPAT KUMAIN KA WITHIN 30 MINUTES AFTER BUHAT!! AND I MEAN HATAW NA KAINAN TALAGA!!

3> IF LACTOSE INTOLERANT KA.. TRY MO MAGMILK NA LOW FAT!! LOW FAT MILK IS SO GOOD SA MGA NAGTATAE SA MGA CHOCO SHAKES..!! TAKE IT 3 X A DAY( 2 PER MEAL .. BALE 6 SMALL PACKS A DAY) KAPAG NAGDIDIARHEA KAYO SA ENERVON HP CHOCO POWDER!!

4> WORK OUT ONLY NG 45 MINUTES TO A MAXIMUM OF 1 HOUR ONLY!! DONT OVERWORKOUT!! WALANG MANGYAYARI SA KATAWAN NYO!! MAS PAPAYAT PA KAYO PAG SUMOBRA KAYO NG 1 HOUR!!

5> AND NUMBER ONE FACT IN BODYBUILDING= "LIFT HEAVY BUT DO IT SLOWLY"!! IT WILL GIVE UR MUSCLES MORE TENSION N PAIN!! REMEMBER? NO PAIN - NO GAIN GUYS!! WORK HARD THE RIGHT WAY BUT DONT HURRY UP!!

6> GO TO THE GYM NOT MORE THAN 5 X A WEEK.!! GET ENOUGH REST!! EAT HARD N SLEEP AT LEAST 7-8HOURS!!

7> IWASAN MGA BISYO- SMOKING!!! DRINKING- BAWASAN!! PERO SEX HINDI!! HAHAHAHA

8> FOR MORE INFOS ON BODYBUILDING ? GO TO MUSCLETECH WEBSITE AT MUSCLETECH.COM= THE BEST WEBSITE TO MGA BRO SA MGA FACTS!! WLANG KATULAD!!

9> WAG NA KAYONG MAG-WHEY PROTEIN, CREATINE OR ANY ELSE!! SAYANG LANG PERA NYO JAN AT SINISIRA PA INTERNAL ORGANS NYO!! TRY THE BEST WAY!! EATING EATING :unsure: HARD!! :thumbsupsmiley:

1. Good suggestion for those who want to bulk up.

2. There is no best time but after working out helps replenish your depleted glycogen stores.

3. Dilute milk with something.

4. Definitely true.

5. Tempo is relative. Lifting in a fast manner also has its place. WHat is more important is you lift in proper form.

6. 5x/wk? are you kidding? 3x/wk is already more than enough if done right.

7. As long as you can control it

8. These websites are crap. They focus more on selling their supplements and the endorsers use roids.

9. You aren't destroying your internal organs with these but they are useless if you don't trai and eat right.

ggg]vgdquote=Olympus,Nov 4 2005, 03:41 PM]

HI GUYS~!!! IVE BEEN WORKING OUT NA FOR 4 MONTHS STRAIGHT ANG IVE GAIN 10KILOS!! NO JOKE MGA BRO !!  WANNA SHARE SOME OF THE GOOD AND VERY EFFECTIVE THINGS I STILL DO !! NO SIDE EFFECTS MGA PARE !! ALL NATURAL!! HERE IT IS!

ON SUPPLEMENTS:

1> BUMILI KAYO NUNG ENERVON HP NA CHOCO POWDER!! ( RED NA LATA ANG LALAGYAN NYA) = DRINK THIS ONE 3 X A DAY EVERY AFTER MEAL!!! SUNDIN LANG NINYO ANG INSTRUCTION!! MGA P280 PESOS LANG ITO 1,000 GRAM NA!! MATIPID !! EFFECTIVE MASS N MUSCLE BUILDER CIA!!

2> EAT A LOT AFTER U WORKOUT!!! YAN ANG THE BEST TIME!! LALAKI KA WEN AT REST AND NOT WHILE WORKING OUT!! DAPAT KUMAIN KA WITHIN 30 MINUTES AFTER BUHAT!! AND I MEAN HATAW NA KAINAN TALAGA!!

3> IF LACTOSE INTOLERANT KA.. TRY MO MAGMILK NA LOW FAT!! LOW FAT MILK IS SO GOOD SA MGA NAGTATAE SA MGA CHOCO SHAKES..!!  TAKE IT 3 X A DAY( 2 PER MEAL .. BALE 6 SMALL PACKS A DAY) KAPAG NAGDIDIARHEA KAYO SA ENERVON HP CHOCO POWDER!!

4> WORK OUT ONLY  NG 45 MINUTES TO A MAXIMUM OF 1 HOUR ONLY!! DONT OVERWORKOUT!! WALANG MANGYAYARI SA KATAWAN NYO!! MAS PAPAYAT PA KAYO PAG SUMOBRA KAYO NG 1 HOUR!!

5> AND NUMBER ONE FACT IN BODYBUILDING= "LIFT HEAVY BUT DO IT SLOWLY"!!  IT WILL GIVE UR MUSCLES MORE TENSION N PAIN!! REMEMBER? NO PAIN - NO GAIN GUYS!! WORK HARD THE RIGHT WAY BUT DONT HURRY UP!!

6> GO TO THE GYM NOT MORE THAN 5 X A WEEK.!! GET ENOUGH REST!! EAT HARD N SLEEP AT LEAST 7-8HOURS!!

7> IWASAN MGA BISYO- SMOKING!!! DRINKING- BAWASAN!! PERO SEX HINDI!! HAHAHAHA

8> FOR MORE INFOS ON BODYBUILDING ? GO TO MUSCLETECH WEBSITE AT MUSCLETECH.COM= THE BEST WEBSITE TO MGA BRO SA MGA FACTS!! WLANG KATULAD!!

9> WAG NA KAYONG MAG-WHEY PROTEIN, CREATINE OR ANY ELSE!! SAYANG LANG PERA NYO JAN AT SINISIRA PA INTERNAL ORGANS NYO!! TRY THE BEST WAY!! EATING EATING  :unsure: HARD!! :thumbsupsmiley:

im not sure if this techmaster guy was the same dude i flamed a few weeks back when he used "sugar in coffee is ok" and "i dont like fruit because it has too much sugar" in the same post. wahahah

2. There is no best time but after working out helps replenish your depleted glycogen stores.

4. Definitely true.

5. Tempo is relative. Lifting in a fast manner also has its place. WHat is more important is you lift in proper form.

8. These websites are crap. They focus more on selling their supplements and the endorsers use roids.

9. You aren't destroying your internal organs with these but they are useless if you don't trai and eat right.

:evil:

It depends on the training goal, but with what many are trying to achieve which is muscular hypertrophy, this is not the best way to go.

I read once in a health magazine that it does not give you any benefit

working out 1 muscle part more than 2x/ wk.  Again, it has to be done correctly  :cool:

4. Definitely true.

enervon HP??? :blink:

they do sell lactose-free milk........

and yes, most sites are crap...

enervon HP???  :blink:

they do sell lactose-free milk........

and yes, most sites are crap...

Ang lactose free milk is is Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein, i am looking for

it kung saan makakabili eh?

Milk is 80% Casein and 20% Whey

Merong LOW Lactose Milk which is yung "Anlene Plus" Low Lactose yung nakaplastic bottle

na korteng katawan ng babae ang lalagyan. Ang kulay ng label ng "Anlene Plus" Low Lactose is PINK yung kulay Green ano yun HI-Calcium lang so huwag mong bilihin.

Who told you that? Many trainers don't know jack sh1t about training and spread false information. Losing weight starts with burning more calories than that which you consume.

e panu kung nag lalaro ka ng basketball at nag woworkout ka papayat ka rin ba? kasi sabi nila basketball nakakabagsak ng katawan e, pero bakit yung mga players e ok naman ang mga body.

okayy enuff SD talk <_<

we all try to measure how much protein (above anything else)/carbs/etc we consume

now does anyone here actually pay attention to the sodium content? (unless you're hypertensive, of course :P but any hypertension-free people here looking out for sodium? **hint, hint: I don't :D

I somewhat make sure I minimize salty foods but a moderat sodim intake is needed.

okayy enuff SD talk  <_<

we all try to measure how much protein (above anything else)/carbs/etc we consume

now does anyone here actually pay attention to the sodium content? (unless you're hypertensive, of course  :P  but any hypertension-free people here looking out for sodium? **hint, hint: I don't  :D

If you're not well versed in training, there are many misleading articles and info  here

I agree. The biggest mistake is to buy the glossy muscle mags and copy the training rotuines of the champs. A natural bodybuilder will die from overtraining if he tries to copy the drug-enhanced monsters that he sees in the magazines.

You should train hard, but you should also train SMART.

that's weird, i see three-band white traces in the inside of my dark shirts as well. and i thought i was a freak :boo:

hypertension runs in my family tho, so i just make do with what salt my food comes with.

but then these past few weeks i've been eating gyudon beef/sushi + wasabi/soy sauce EVERY SINGLE FRICKIN DAY- hafta check my BP sooner or later....

ei guys.. the blitz has been working out GREAT for me... I do have to watch out for my heart rate though kasi i do get over eager and just pump the s**t out of the weights....

The problem with some of the trainers here in the philippines is that IT IS A BUSINESS... meaning that ang style ng mga trainers especially sa mga baguhan is that di nila masyado ipapa improve yung mga cliente nila so that they become dependent on the trainers... papa tikman yung mga clients ng konting improvement tapos biglang bibitinin...