Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

its cheaper but the cheapest place to buy supplements is cash and carry in makati

yup. depende din sa dami ng bibilhin pwede ka pa makakuha ng discount.

Hydroxy is 1900 here, Lipo6x is 2100. sa Cash and Carry ganito din ba ang presyo nito? San banda dun?

guys, our fellow vvader is selling Isopure Whey Iso

if interested kayo you can PM him

i myself ordered 2 :thumbsupsmiley:

as rip says, squat big and drink your milk (full fat).

sirs, i'm gonna need your help with this one. i'm not really a supplement guy. i mean, i take 1'000mg of calcium and a multivitamin in the morning, and two servings of enervon hp after training (i've been training explosively and anaerobically almost exclusively). that's about it. i still feel burned out almost every day, even though i'm on a high carbohydrate 5-to-7-meal-a-day diet. i'm looking to increase my performance, decrease recovery time, and get the best out of my workouts.

now i've been doing some reading (mostly from ross), and here's what i was able to come up with:

PROTEIN (maybe i'm somewhat lacking?)

GLUTAMINE

BRANCHED CHAIN AMINO ACIDS

CREATINE MONOHYDRATE

RIBOSE

FLAXSEED (isn't this kind of the same as fish oil?)

L-TYROSINE

now, i have never tried any supplementation whatsoever since. so i want to ask you guys, what the hell did i just list down? :lol: will they do any good, or will i just piss away good money? feedback would be greatly appreciated. many thanks, in advance. :thumbsupsmiley:

Glutamine, BAA's and Tyrosine are all Amino acids which can be derived from protein source such as meat. Useful only after workout for repair. Rest of the unused protein is converted to glucose.

Ribose is a sugar used for DNA. Your body makes it in an as needed basis from glucose.

Creatine is immediate energy and is easily removed from the body. Pointless at high doses and works in the first 10 secs of your workout. Excreted in your urine.

Don't take too much calcium at baka magka heart attack ka... (higher risk for kidney stones too)

Flaxseed oil is polyunsaturated oil. ( i don't want to say much because i hate reading lipids) It can become rancid (panis) and get rid of it if it does.

Sources: Harper's Biochemistry, Stryer, http://www.building-muscle101.com/, google.com

I used to take 500mg daily of Vit C and Vit E before when I used to work in call center. Madalas kasing puyat and madalas mag-yosi. Since I quit early this year I started a holistic approach, I get all the nutrients and vitamins from the food I take. I let the food I intake be my medicine. I feel alright and strong at my age (31 yrs old) and I regularly jog at least 30 minutes a day. I'm not saying to not take your supplements, it's just my own choice since I have the most time for myself nowadays.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
what exactly can creatine do for me? i mean the product isn't cheap. will it be worth it? (i'm also avoiding weight gain.)

This post has been edited by Palakol: Today, 12:52 AM

It helps increase muscle size and replenishes phosphates.

If you're avoiding weight gain, just regulate your caloric intake so you won't gain that much size

what exactly can creatine do for me? i mean the product isn't cheap. will it be worth it? (i'm also avoiding weight gain.)

Depends on what kind of creatine you use. Creatine monohydrate converts to creatinine increasing kidney workload. Although this is considered as a myth, It is not a myth in medical science. Some effects of creatine is Increased strength, Muscle gains in a way that your muscle would tend to hold water, thus increasing muscle size. Side effects are bloat and water retention. Up and down weight gain.

Kre-Alkalyn however promises a zero side effect creatine. It is buffered and is alkaline eliminating the conversion of it to creatinine. It is absorbed diretly to the muscle. It comes in purple capsules. I saw people do good on this one. But then again, only temporary gains.

Creaine Ethyl Ester is the new generation creatine. No more up and down weight gain and promises permanent gains. I haven't seen anyone using this yet. The good thing about this creatine is that most of it already comes with Glutamine, the product that increases hardness of the muscle.

I had minimal experience using supplements. The closest thing and only thing I had to a supplement is AnimalPak. If I were you, I'd spend more on Eggs and Chicken Breast. :D

Try also to watch "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" in order to learn the truth about supplements. I know a lot of people will react to this, especially the ones who are dependent on supplements/depending on supplements for gains but imo, nothing beats a good nutritional program and working like a slave, Eatling like a King, Sleeping like Corpse.

How do you use creatine ethyl ester is it the same as creatine mono with loading and maintenance phase?

Is the loading phase of creatine mono really necessary coz i've read some suggest going directly to the maintenance phase (no loading phase)?

My supps

Whey

Multivitamin

Fish Oil

Green Tea extract

How do you use creatine ethyl ester is it the same as creatine mono with loading and maintenance phase?

Is the loading phase of creatine mono really necessary coz i've read some suggest going directly to the maintenance phase (no loading phase)?

My supps

Whey

Multivitamin

Fish Oil

Green Tea extract

Loading phase for any type of creatine is not needed

pasingit lang mga sir ha... ive been into body building for 4 years now. ewan ko lang ha? pero may mga time na parang sagad na ung limits ng lakas mo. sa mga panahon na un dun na ko nagtetake ng supplements like nung creatine. kasi pangpalakas un e.. i take about 2-4 capsules before ako magbuhat. mga 20-30 lbs of weights pa naidagdag ko sa mga binubuhat ko. d ko alam kung makakabuti to sa pagbubuhat ko pero i feel good nman after my workout session e.. para sakin nothing wrong kung magtetake ka supplements as long na may pera ka pangtusto sa mga to. kasi parang designer drugs bisyo na rin ang pagbubuhat e...................

My supps

Whey

Multivitamin

Fish Oil

Green Tea extract

For Crea Mono (the old ones), There is a need to load. Stuff like Crea10 (I don't know if they still make this) and other stuffs. then you mantain that load by taking a little less amount then the loading phase. Some people go straight to maintainance, But I don't know. I haven't tried taking creatine. I would suggest you follow the label. That's what it's for, that's why it's there. I would suggest lay off the creatine and invest in buying fresh farm eggs. :D

For Crea Mono (the old ones), There is a need to load. Stuff like Crea10 (I don't know if they still make this) and other stuffs. then you mantain that load by taking a little less amount then the loading phase. Some people go straight to maintainance, But I don't know. I haven't tried taking creatine. I would suggest you follow the label. That's what it's for, that's why it's there. I would suggest lay off the creatine and invest in buying fresh farm eggs. :D

Crea10 is the worst creatine supplement out there. It's simply not micronized and as soluble in liquids as german grade creatines. It's manufactured in China btw.

Oh well. either way, I saw people waste money, some a ton on supplements and only produce expensive pee. Lots of overpriced PT,making lifting complicated instead of simple and effective. I don't believe in it. Unless mag karga ka, pero I consider this pointless (pasintabi nalang sa mga kumakarga) unless you really plan to compete.

Oh well. either way, I saw people waste money, some a ton on supplements and only produce expensive pee. Lots of overpriced PT,making lifting complicated instead of simple and effective. I don't believe in it. Unless mag karga ka, pero I consider this pointless (pasintabi nalang sa mga kumakarga) unless you really plan to compete.

haha. like putting expensive motor oil on a car with a sewing machine's engine that doesn't even have gas. :lol:

imagine your car = you

training = improving your engine

diet = the gas you put in your car

supplements = nothing but motor oil (that is why they're called "supplements," and not "replacements.")

I would need the help and advice of every1 here, specially the experts like Olympus, Genetic Freak and Palakol

my supplements:

AMINO ACID 10,000 by Healthy n Fit

Muscle MIlk ( Choco) by Cyto Sports

GH MAX (Growth Hormone Capsules) by Universal

* I sued to take Syntha 6 instead of Muscle MIlk but my friend says Cyto Sports is more effective

my vitamins

Pharmaton

Ginseng by GNC

Honry Goat weed( no need to mention what's it for)

Enduranz Capsules

I would need the help and advice of every1 here, specially the experts like Olympus, Genetic Freak and Palakol

my supplements:

* I sued to take Syntha 6 instead of Muscle MIlk but my friend says Cyto Sports is more effective

my vitamins

Pharmaton

Ginseng by GNC

Enduranz Capsules

Muscle milk s good but not as soluble as syntha 6, another good choice is nitrocore 24.

I'd swap beta alanine for GH max

my supplements:

my vitamins

Pharmaton

Ginseng by GNC

Enduranz Capsules

wow. that's a lot. i'm not really a supplement guy. i mean, i take a multivitamin and calcium capsule in the morning. that's about it. i also have a supply of protein powder for the days i am unable to eat properly.

Edited by Palakol