Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

Guys i've been skinny since I was born and was wondering if I could take any supplements (e.g. protein shakes) to help me gain weight. Any recommendations? Yung effective pati mura para pagdating ng June eh medyo may laman na din ako. Thanks!

PM'd you sir... good day!

hello to all experts here.

had anyone tried this CELL-TECH HARDCORE Creatine. any feedback?

my goal is to build muscle. i had tried this GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein but i noticed a little improvement.

just got this Cell-Tech Hardcore 4.5LB. hope i picked the better supplements to build muscles.

Overpriced and overhyped. You're better off taking creatine ethyl ester. 9 out of 10 people don't get anything out of regular creatine.

Guys i've been skinny since I was born and was wondering if I could take any supplements (e.g. protein shakes) to help me gain weight. Any recommendations? Yung effective pati mura para pagdating ng June eh medyo may laman na din ako. Thanks!

being a former 120 lb skinny guy, here's what I'll suggest

start lifting weights

eat every 3-4 hours a day

don't skip meals

limit your activities.

if you have any more questions, just ask

thanks olympus. just a question though, how heavy should the weights be? i don't have barbells at home and we only have different sets of dumbbells. i just want to gain a few pounds and not look like the skinny weakling that i am now. and can i do the rippetoe training using dumbbells (not barbells). thanks a lot. i wish i'd gain enough weight during summer. thanks a lot.

thanks olympus. just a question though, how heavy should the weights be? i don't have barbells at home and we only have different sets of dumbbells. i just want to gain a few pounds and not look like the skinny weakling that i am now. and can i do the rippetoe training using dumbbells (not barbells). thanks a lot. i wish i'd gain enough weight during summer. thanks a lot.

answered your question in another thread

been using no explode and syntha 6 but im planning to move to a more affordable whey of doing things and was thinking of moving back to xenadrine nrg or can anyone recommend another altenative?

thermorexin and cardio breeze are much cheaper alternatives to xenadrine. If you want any, just let me know

been using no explode and syntha 6 but im planning to move to a more affordable whey of doing things and was thinking of moving back to xenadrine nrg or can anyone recommend another altenative?

Cheaper but good alternatives to Syntha-6: ON's Whey Gold Standard, ON's Pro Complex, Dymatize Elite Whey, Champion Nutrition Whey, Ultimate Nutrition Whey.

NO explode: Trust me, stick with creatine. Any brand will do. The "kick" you get from NO explode is just a caffein rush.

ok din ba ang dymatize elite 12 as a bedtime protein drink? instead of ON casein. thanks.

If you don't have a choice, Dymatize whey will be fine. Although it's a fast digesting protein, one technique to slow down its absorbtion is to blend in a tablespoon of olive oil/ flax oil/ any healthy oil with the shake. Not only will the fats make to drink creamier, it also slows down the absorbtion rate of the proteins. Hope this helps.

If you don't have a choice, Dymatize whey will be fine. Although it's a fast digesting protein, one technique to slow down its absorbtion is to blend in a tablespoon of olive oil/ flax oil/ any healthy oil with the shake. Not only will the fats make to drink creamier, it also slows down the absorbtion rate of the proteins. Hope this helps.

thanks. i tried this new dymatize-12 hour protein. because of the claim that it can fuel muscles for up to 12 hours.. and wala ako mahanap na 2-lb tub na ON casein. lthanks.

Is DHEA a supplement? I used to take 50 mg daily together with Vit. E and it works great to me! :thumbsupsmiley: Kaya lang there's sort of a side effect(?) on me. Madaling tigasan pero matagal ako labasan.....! :rolleyes: :thumbsupsmiley:

DHEA induces and promote elevation of testosterone levels in the body. Go figure.

Muscle Milk. I get it shipped by Military Mail to the Embassy and it is incredible. Syntha 6 digests far easier than the other crap on the market and tastes better. If you can get it, try Redline Energy Drinks. We get a couple cases shipped each month and it gives you all you need before a workout. Don't drink it at night or you'll be up until dawn.

Lastly...CREATINE! Take it and eat well. You won't get bigger without it.

Good luck and stay focused.

Muscle Milk. I get it shipped by Military Mail to the Embassy and it is incredible. Syntha 6 digests far easier than the other crap on the market and tastes better. If you can get it, try Redline Energy Drinks. We get a couple cases shipped each month and it gives you all you need before a workout. Don't drink it at night or you'll be up until dawn.

Lastly...CREATINE! Take it and eat well. You won't get bigger without it.

Good luck and stay focused.

Just curious... Do you get it shipped for personal consumption? Or do you actually supply them to our military?

Mr. John how much yung Dymatize 12-hour protein and where did you buy it?

Also has anyone tried Met-rx Whey protein? Im planning to buy one since it is cheaper compared to the other brands.

I tried Weider Daily Protein both choco and vanilla and it tastes like absolutely horrible.

Thanks

Anjutsu :thumbsupsmiley:

Mr. John how much yung Dymatize 12-hour protein and where did you buy it?

Also has anyone tried Met-rx Whey protein? Im planning to buy one since it is cheaper compared to the other brands.

I tried Weider Daily Protein both choco and vanilla and it tastes like absolutely horrible.

Thanks

Anjutsu :thumbsupsmiley:

1200. hobbies of asia.

Just curious... Do you get it shipped for personal consumption? Or do you actually supply them to our military?

you need to specify the 'our' part of that. Yes, we ship it here for the guys that want it, they pay the way. What we have that's left over, we sell to friends, but there isn't much. It's great stuff and expensive. Your military can't afford it. The premix tastes better than the stuff you have to take care of so be careful having that shipped here.

I am always curious why guys will buy cheaper stuff to put in their bodies. If you acre enough to work out then you shouldn't cheap out on supps. Do you put crappy gas in a high performance vehicle?

Good luck, bro.

Is DHEA safe? What are the advantages kung mag take ako nito once a day for 1 month?

What are the sideeffects?

Im only 31 yrs old and iniisip ko lang if DHEA will help me grow more muscle?

Thanks!

Have you actually considered improving your training and eating program first?

Any supplements that promote flexibility and longer, leaner muscles? unsure.gif

Proper training and stretching