Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

Proper eating along with EDT training will burn off those fats even without fat burners

Tama si Olympus. Think of "fat-burners" as a metabolism support formula and not as a fat lost catalyst. It's like any turbo kit installed in an engine. Inorder for you to "feel" the kick of the turbo, well, you must first make sure that you're car's already running. In more simler terms, mag excercise ka muna bago ka ka kumarga :thumbsupsmiley:

question din po...

i just started going to gym just last week. (first timer po)

my sked is every wednesdays, saturday, sunday and monday.

i eat bread for breakfast, a cup of rice at lunch but bread for dinner. (no in-between meals)

i weigh 179lbs, stands 5'9".

"GYM" told me that im 2lbs. overweight and with 32% fats. (22% daw po normal)

i just want to get rid of my "not so big" tummy and have an "ABS"

i just want to have a firm muscles.

any ADVICES and SUGGESTIONS po mga MASTERS?

PLEASE HELP!

question din po...

i just started going to gym just last week. (first timer po)

my sked is every wednesdays, saturday, sunday and monday.

i eat bread for breakfast, a cup of rice at lunch but bread for dinner. (no in-between meals)

i weigh 179lbs, stands 5'9".

"GYM" told me that im 2lbs. overweight and with 32% fats. (22% daw po normal)

i just want to get rid of my "not so big" tummy and have an "ABS"

i just want to have a firm muscles.

any ADVICES and SUGGESTIONS po mga MASTERS?

PLEASE HELP!

YOu need to diet properly and you need to get on a proper strength training program

experts, ok lang ba ang sardines na isubstitute sa tuna ko? kc nagsasawa na ako sa tuna, mas masrap kc sardines..tnx. mdyo ok din protein and low fat/carbs. nasa around 20g din protein ng 1 small can (depends on brands). gsto k lng malaman if ok lng sardines instead of tuna? tnx

I don't see anything wrong with that

to the fitness experts here:

i recently started taking BSN SYNTHA-6

hinde na ksi masuportahan ng lifestyle ko un eating natural lng dhil sa work ko

ano ba masasabi nyo sa choice of protein supplement na sinusubukan ko ngaun?

by the way, pang post work out ko lng pla tine-take ang SYNTHA-6...

thanks

Wow. Nakayanan ng budget mo ito? It's a good supplement with a good blend of different protein. The beauty with this mix, is that your body is ensured of contant supply of amino acids in the bloddstream because the different proteins have different digestability rates. IMO, it may be a good post workout drink but I'd personally prefer a blend of whey isolates, hydrolysates or concentrates due to the fast absorbtion rate. In between meals or as a shake before to bed, Syntha-6 is great.

experts, ok lang ba ang sardines na isubstitute sa tuna ko? kc nagsasawa na ako sa tuna, mas masrap kc sardines..tnx. mdyo ok din protein and low fat/carbs. nasa around 20g din protein ng 1 small can (depends on brands). gsto k lng malaman if ok lng sardines instead of tuna? tnx

I'm a bit worried of the sodium and msg in canned sardines, and also the hidden fats associated with the oil in the sauce. I'd still go for tuna. Easier to blanch with water to drain excess oil and sodium.

Wow. Nakayanan ng budget mo ito? It's a good supplement with a good blend of different protein. The beauty with this mix, is that your body is ensured of contant supply of amino acids in the bloddstream because the different proteins have different digestability rates. IMO, it may be a good post workout drink but I'd personally prefer a blend of whey isolates, hydrolysates or concentrates due to the fast absorbtion rate. In between meals or as a shake before to bed, Syntha-6 is great.

yes master jacques

actually i bought two flavors at once nga e...vanilla and choco kaso nakapang hihinayang dhil wlang 5lbs.

sa akin naman basta't kelangan talaga at makakatulong sa akin gagastusan ko.

maganda kasi feedback ng syntha-6 kaya hindi ako nag hesitate na subukan...and when i say feedback i'm not talking about the muscle mags or if it is endorsed by whoever he is.

ano ung blend of whey isolates, hydrolates or concentrates? can you suggest one? also ang gusto ko sana madagdagan ng lean muscle mass at maiwasan ang pag taba...problema ko na ngak ung paano paliitin ang tyan ko e...

adik na adik akong malaman ang tama at epektibong proseso kung paano mapaganda ang abs...

sana mabigyan mo ako ng magandang advice master jacques

ty

yes master jacques

actually i bought two flavors at once nga e...vanilla and choco kaso nakapang hihinayang dhil wlang 5lbs.

sa akin naman basta't kelangan talaga at makakatulong sa akin gagastusan ko.

maganda kasi feedback ng syntha-6 kaya hindi ako nag hesitate na subukan...and when i say feedback i'm not talking about the muscle mags or if it is endorsed by whoever he is.

ano ung blend of whey isolates, hydrolates or concentrates? can you suggest one? also ang gusto ko sana madagdagan ng lean muscle mass at maiwasan ang pag taba...problema ko na ngak ung paano paliitin ang tyan ko e...

adik na adik akong malaman ang tama at epektibong proseso kung paano mapaganda ang abs...

sana mabigyan mo ako ng magandang advice master jacques

ty

What I'm referring to are plain whey protein supplements from: ON (100% whey), Dymatize (Elite), Champion Whey and etc. Basta ganito, when you see a mix of protein with cassein & egg albumin, chances are the protein supplement you have is ideal for "time released" constant amino supply over a period of time. Unlike whey isolates, concentrates and hydrolysates, these protein digest rapidly making it an ideal beverage pre, actual or post workout. Nevertheless, protein is still protein. My experience kasi with cassein or egg protein is that medyo mabigat siya sa tiyan compared to whey. However, cassein/egg blends tend to be "tastier" and make the shake "thicker" kaya mas satisfying.

As for your goals, hindi sagot ang supplements dyan. Good workout regimen and strict diet ang kelangan para mabawasan ang bodyfat levels mo. Try dropping empty calories from your diets: sweets, sugary drinks, desserts and beer. Avoid fried food. Opt for grilled, steamed, baked lean cuts of meat or fish. Don't forget healthy fats from olive oil, fish, nuts and etc. Avoid unecessary carbs: rice; noodles; pastries. Opt for slow burning carbs: oats; root crops; wheat products and etc. Try HIIT to complement your weight training. Be consistent. Be patient.

What I'm referring to are plain whey protein supplements from: ON (100% whey), Dymatize (Elite), Champion Whey and etc. Basta ganito, when you see a mix of protein with cassein & egg albumin, chances are the protein supplement you have is ideal for "time released" constant amino supply over a period of time. Unlike whey isolates, concentrates and hydrolysates, these protein digest rapidly making it an ideal beverage pre, actual or post workout. Nevertheless, protein is still protein. My experience kasi with cassein or egg protein is that medyo mabigat siya sa tiyan compared to whey. However, cassein/egg blends tend to be "tastier" and make the shake "thicker" kaya mas satisfying.

master jacques:

so mas ok pa rin ung ON or Champion whey kung post work out kesa Syntha-6? kasi after drinking syntha, hinde na ko kumakain ng dinner dahil di na ko nakakaramdam ng gutom e.

As for your goals, hindi sagot ang supplements dyan. Good workout regimen and strict diet ang kelangan para mabawasan ang bodyfat levels mo. Try dropping empty calories from your diets: sweets, sugary drinks, desserts and beer. Avoid fried food. Opt for grilled, steamed, baked lean cuts of meat or fish. Don't forget healthy fats from olive oil, fish, nuts and etc. Avoid unecessary carbs: rice; noodles; pastries. Opt for slow burning carbs: oats; root crops; wheat products and etc. Try HIIT to complement your weight training. Be consistent. Be patient.

ok nman ung work out program ko...EDT then GVT

ung diet nga lng hindi ko mkauha ksi half cup lng ng rice kinakain ko sa lunch at dinner pero parang hindi pa rin nawawala ung bilbil ko. :cry: puro steamed fish, veggies at chicken na nga araw araw ang ulam ko. almost a month na ko hindi kumakain ng no salt and no oil foods. minsan lng ako kumain ng matamis...usually kakanin lng like pichi-pichi or puto bumbum

This goes for anything regardless fo goals. Its proper eatign and training that will get you to your goals, not supplements.

paano kapag hindi na ma-maintain ang proper eating dhil sa skedyul sa trabaho?

Its about managing everything. I personally work 55 hours workweeks as a bare minimum. The secret is everything in balance.

You already have a good training program, just make sure you balance your eating habits, you'll be fine.

master jacques:

so mas ok pa rin ung ON or Champion whey kung post work out kesa Syntha-6? kasi after drinking syntha, hinde na ko kumakain ng dinner dahil di na ko nakakaramdam ng gutom e.

ok nman ung work out program ko...EDT then GVT

ung diet nga lng hindi ko mkauha ksi half cup lng ng rice kinakain ko sa lunch at dinner pero parang hindi pa rin nawawala ung bilbil ko. :cry: puro steamed fish, veggies at chicken na nga araw araw ang ulam ko. almost a month na ko hindi kumakain ng no salt and no oil foods. minsan lng ako kumain ng matamis...usually kakanin lng like pichi-pichi or puto bumbum

I'm not saying that ON/Champion is are "supperior" to syntha-6. It's just that they differ in digestability rates. For post workout, I'd really prefer ON because I the pool of aminos in the bloodstream peaks very fast due to its rapid digestability. It sorts of "jumpstarts" the recovery process. As for Syntha-6, since it's slowly digested, provides a steady but constant supply of aminos in the bloodstream spread over time. Ideal for a bedtime drink or something I'd consider in between meals.

Once again, I think you have to be patient. 1 month is too soon to see drastic changes without the help of "drugs" and other "underground" methods. Can you honestly say that you're making no progress at all? Or maybe you're just not satisfied with the rate you're going? Can you actually give us an idea of your meal and supplement regime per day? protion size and all? What is your goal? Lose weight or gain muscle? Do you drink?

Just bought my Dymatize Elite Whey :thumbsupsmiley: from Sir Noah's store 2300 for a 5lb (23 g protein per serving).

Q again.

Ok lang po ba pag combine ang syntha 6 with Dymatize / ON.

Like for a day

AM = Dymatize / ON

Noon = Syntha 6

PM (after wotrking out / before sleep) = Dymatize / ON

or do you suggest I take creatine instead of Syntha6?

I need hydroxycut (cheepest price please). PM me pls. :blush:

Ideal for a bedtime drink or something I'd consider in between meals.

ok lng ba haluan ng oatmeal ang syntha-6 kung in between meals?

Once again, I think you have to be patient. 1 month is too soon to see drastic changes without the help of "drugs" and other "underground" methods. Can you honestly say that you're making no progress at all? Or maybe you're just not satisfied with the rate you're going? Can you actually give us an idea of your meal and supplement regime per day? protion size and all? What is your goal? Lose weight or gain muscle? Do you drink?

im not expecting any drastic changes nman, pero wla ako napapansing pagbabago sa tiyan ko...parang ganun pa rin malaki...

ung progress sa ibang parts ng body meron, like sa back, lats, traps, shoulders at arms...

im not satisfied lng with my abs...i see no muscles e, ayaw lumabas dhil sa bilbil...imbes na 6 pack e 3 pack ang nakikita ko...3 layer packs :cry:

ung syntha 6 i only take for post work out at dhil gabi na ko work out pag uwi ng bahay tulog na lng

goal ko...mag lose ng abdominal fats at mag gain ng muscle sa ibang parts ng body...(tama ba pagkasabi ko?)

i don't drink...un lng after meals madalas nakaupo lng ako...

Just bought my Dymatize Elite Whey :thumbsupsmiley: from Sir Noah's store 2300 for a 5lb (23 g protein per serving).

Q again.

Like for a day

AM = Dymatize / ON

Noon = Syntha 6

no offense meant ha...parang ang mahal kasi ng Dymatize 5lbs kung 2300 e ung inalok sa akin na EAS 5lbs 2000 lang at ung Champion 5lbs 2100 lang...

or hindi ko lang cguro alam na mas better ang dymatize sa eas at champion...

kumakain kpb? parang puro supplement na ksi yang nakalista sa AM to PM mo e...

again no offense meant

no offense meant ha...parang ang mahal kasi ng Dymatize 5lbs kung 2300 e ung inalok sa akin na EAS 5lbs 2000 lang at ung Champion 5lbs 2100 lang...

again no offense meant

non taken worshipme :goatee:

kung protein per serving better ang Champion (I think) where did you buy your Champion nga pla?

yup kumakain pa din me (the usual less carbs more protein and fiber)

ganun nman ang whey protein dba twice a day ang pag inom?

Balak ko lang dagdagan ng Syntha 6 OR Creatine AND Hrydroxycut.

Thanks

hi... saan ba ako pwede bumili ng supplements... may binebenta kasi sa akin na GOLD ang tatak and i'm not sure if this is ok... and i was in gnc the other day but their supplements are very expensive... if you know anybody, kindly PM me... thanks a lot...

my purpose is to bulk up... i'm 5'8" and 149 lbs... medium built and i've been going to the gym these past few months... i'm ok with my current body kasi i play basketball and i don't need to be very big... definition lang ba... thanks again...

kung protein per serving better ang Champion (I think) where did you buy your Champion nga pla?

hindi pa ko bumili ng champion, wla ksi ung flavor na gusto ko e

source ko sariling nagpaparating e...dunno if may sarili syang shop

hanapin ko muna contact details nya ha

hi... saan ba ako pwede bumili ng supplements... may binebenta kasi sa akin na GOLD ang tatak and i'm not sure if this is ok... and i was in gnc the other day but their supplements are very expensive... if you know anybody, kindly PM me... thanks a lot...

my purpose is to bulk up... i'm 5'8" and 149 lbs... medium built and i've been going to the gym these past few months... i'm ok with my current body kasi i play basketball and i don't need to be very big... definition lang ba... thanks again...

anu ung gold na tatak? baka gold standard ng ON un...

naku pre isang malaking pagkakamali ang bumili sa gnc dhil napaka mahal dun khit na mag member kpa...

sa buy and sell forum sa may food and supplement section

andun ung mga nagbebenta...

browse mo nlng

Q again.

Like for a day

AM = Dymatize / ON

Noon = Syntha 6

There's no problem with criss-crossing brands. Afterall, it's the protein that counts. IMO, Take Dymatize immediately before and after workout. As for Syntha-6, I prefer taking it before going to bed. And please, never, substitute whey for real meals. It's meant to complement and not to replace real food.

As for creatine, it works differently as compared to whey. Thus, there's no point in comparing one with the other. Creatine, supports energy output and strength. While whey supports our macro nutritiona requirement for protein. If this was a car, I'd say protein and other macronutrients are the fuel and creatine would be a turbo kit (just for the boost). If you can afford both together, why not? But if I had to choose one, I'd go for whey.

ok lng ba haluan ng oatmeal ang syntha-6 kung in between meals?

im not expecting any drastic changes nman, pero wla ako napapansing pagbabago sa tiyan ko...parang ganun pa rin malaki...

ung progress sa ibang parts ng body meron, like sa back, lats, traps, shoulders at arms...

im not satisfied lng with my abs...i see no muscles e, ayaw lumabas dhil sa bilbil...imbes na 6 pack e 3 pack ang nakikita ko...3 layer packs :cry:

ung syntha 6 i only take for post work out at dhil gabi na ko work out pag uwi ng bahay tulog na lng

goal ko...mag lose ng abdominal fats at mag gain ng muscle sa ibang parts ng body...(tama ba pagkasabi ko?)

i don't drink...un lng after meals madalas nakaupo lng ako...

again no offense meant

Oatmeal with whey? No problem with that. What I even do sometimes is that I mix a scoop of whey (vanilla) with 2egg whites, 1 whole egg, half a cup of oatmeal, a dash of cinamon spice, a sachet of splenda, whip it up, pour it on a non-stick skillet and you have protein packed, high fibre pancakes. :thumbsupsmiley:

Smetimes, even blend in a tablespoon of peanut butter (organic no sugar) and a banana to my chocolate flavored whey as a pre-workout drink.

Hmmm... Aside from your supplement stack, what do you eat? What's your meal schedule?