• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

anyone here heard of ZMA?

yes...ZMA is a scientifically designed anabolic mineral formula. It contains Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate and Magnesium Aspartate plus vitamin B-6 and is an all-natural product that has been clinically proven to significantly increase anabolic hormone levels and muscle strength in trained athletes. According to a study I read, it increases strength by 20 to 30 percent...just my 3-cents...noah

• 2 weeks later...
what ae ypu drinking guys during workouts?

ok na ba gatorade? ano ba magandang energizer. minsan ang bilis ko mapagod sa gym eh. sayang yung workout

f**kin water pare. if you easily get tired, a serving of creatine 1 hour before you hit the weights. powdered creatine works better in the long run (recent reading materials say) pero, if your issue really is all psychological and water doesnt cut if for you, try sparkling water, it's 0 calories but you get the same softdrink kick (that's how i find it myself, at least). just remember to NOT take it WITH creatine; citric acid kills creatine right off the bat

lastly, dont even think about C2, please

By the way, anyone here tried Crea10 Tech? I like the taste, though it's a bit pricey (~P65/serving) in retail, the fact that it's a local company who makes it.. or anyone else tried it/knows where you can buy it in bulk?

Check it here

ok, so di ka talaga naniniwala sa NO2 pareng spitzky

u may be right...

mahal pa naman tong NO2 na to

tnx!

but i suppose u do take other supplements?

creatine... thats about it really, but off cycle ako now, im losing weight

what ae ypu drinking guys during workouts?

ok na ba gatorade? ano ba magandang energizer. minsan ang bilis ko mapagod sa gym eh. sayang yung workout

gatorade is good, and a cup of black coffee an hour before workouts

f**kin water pare. if you easily get tired, a serving of creatine 1 hour before you hit the weights. powdered creatine works better in the long run (recent reading materials say) pero, if your issue really is all psychological and water doesnt cut if for you, try sparkling water, it's 0 calories but you get the same softdrink kick (that's how i find it myself, at least). just remember to NOT take it WITH creatine; citric acid kills creatine right off the bat

lastly, dont even think about C2, please

try not to take creatine before workouts, coz it'll just go straight to ur pee (ive posted articles on creatine in here somewhere... backread)

take creatine AFTER training

By the way, anyone here tried Crea10 Tech? I like the taste, though it's a bit pricey (~P65/serving) in retail, the fact that it's a local company who makes it.. or anyone else tried it/knows where you can buy it in bulk?

Check it here

from the site:

Using optimal levels of a high glycemic carbohydrate, 30g Dextrose, Crea10TECH stimulates insulin production which aids in uptake of creatine in to muscle cells. To further enhance this transport action, an insulin-mimicking vitamin, Alpha Lipoic Acid, is added. ALA may also help temper blood sugar levels to prevent the hyperglycemia experienced with other creatine-dextrose formulas. ALA is also a potent antioxidant which may reduce the oxidative damage caused by exercise.

im not a big fan of fancy creatine products... take good old creatine monohydrate powder instead...

why? coz the dextrose they added to "stimulate insulin production which aids in uptake of creatine in to muscle cells"??? well id say thats just wasting ur money right there... THE SAME EFFECT CAN BE ACHIEVED BY EATING WHITE BREAD OR JUST SUGAR WITH REGULAR CREATINE.. amen :goatee:

pre ung sinasabi mong effective na supplement saan ba me pwede bumili.pwede ba sau.?eto no. ko text mo naman me..gusto ko bumili

1. ang tinitira daw ang creatine ay ang liver (gee...umiinom pa naman ako...!!!)

kapag umiinom ka liver den tinitira mo nyan pre. even the simple paracetamol that you take is toxic to your liver. i recomend you take it in low dose lang.

2. magkakaroon ka daw ng too much acne (face and back) if u take creatine..

so far hinde ko pa ito na e-encounter. ive used different kinds of supplements and so far so good. no bad and harmful effects naman.

ano ba talga mga kuya? gusto ko na talagang magpalaki ng katawan...i do still have a lot of questions:

1. what is the best creatine and amino acid in the market? which is more effective?

IMHO its Creatine 6000-ES by Muscletech. Ive tried different brands before and didnt like it but this one is great. you could add it to water lang ok na. well to each his own.

2. in buying creatine, which is the best, in powder or capsule form?

I'm not so sure but i will go with powder form.

3. how to take those stuffs? how many caps per day? (especially for beginners..)

Read the directions on the label. i suggest you start with a low dose.

4. how do u take it? with an empty stomach or with filled stomach?

i take 5 grams of crea first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. it worked for me.

5. can i take whey protein at the same time while taking those stuffs?

Yes! Mas maganda yun if you have the budget. I take Whey, Glutamine, Creatine and BCAA sabay sabay.

6. whats the cheapest and most efective brand of creatine and amino acids?

cheapest crea i think is gr8. they sell at tobys. amino? sakin ka nalang kumuha! :P

7. what does creatine and amino acids do to ur muscles?

So, what is creatine? Our bodies naturally make the compound, which is used to supply energy to our muscles. It is produced in the liver, pancreas, and kidneys, and is transported to the body's muscles through the bloodstream. Once it reaches the muscles, it is converted into phosphocreatine (creatine phosphate). This high-powered metabolite is used to regenerate the muscles' ultimate energy source, ATP (adenosine triphosphate).

Unlike steroids or drugs, creatine is 100% natural and occurs naturally in many foods; therefore, it can never be banned from any sports or international competitions (unless they banned eating meat). Many foods especially herring, salmon, tuna, and beef contain some creatine. However, the very best source of creatine by far is creatine monohydrate because it contains more creatine per weight of material than any other source. Bodybuilding.com sells only high quality 99.9% pure pharmaceutical-grade creatine monohydrate.

Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. They come from protein rich sources such as meat, fish, dairy products, and vegetables such as legumes, peas, and grains. There are many types of amino acid supplements on the market. Some products claim to have a large quantity of amino acids, but come primarily from a weak protein source (such as milk). Unfortunately, people may have allergies associated with the protein source. Our supplement formula is comprised of the highest quality crystalline protein source.

8. can i drink alcohol/coffee while taking these supplements?

Yes

9. any diet program while taking these stuffs?

It depends on your goal if you wanna lose your "bilbil" mag diet ka. or try not to take carbs 4-5 hours before bedtime.

10. what is the diffrence between whey protein and creatine? whey and amino?

i think i explained this already..

11. any side effects of taking these supplements?

i had very bad tummy trouble when i took this brand of crea. very bad. after a week of use i gave it to a friend. hehe. now am taking muscletech creatine 6000-es. very effective.

12. what are the best abs excersise?

crunches, leg raise, knee tuck.. madami bro.

i hope that you can help me guys..especially to those experts on these...

rebel_heart

whooo.. :blink: happy lifting! :D

try not to take creatine before workouts, coz it'll just go straight to ur pee (ive posted articles on creatine in here somewhere... backread)

take creatine AFTER training

hmm. i shouldve put that in perspective; my primary reason for taking creatine is for the performance boost I get when in the weights room, but i havent really focused so much on taking it regularly (i take it on *gulps air* workout days) and i've talked to the family doc about it; i guess that's how athletes take it during training when preparing for an event as well. i try to tread the waters carefully mainly because the family has a history of liver weakness, and i don't really take the stuff regularly, eg cycle it on and off. i guess it would all boil down to one's goals, and mine is primarily not size/bulk/bodybuilding per se (though in the back of my head i like seeing myself wicked ripped HAHAH) if anything i could be wrong though; oh well it gets me off anyways

guys, i need ur opinion or ur expertise on this...

are the products of Base6(a local firm) reliable?

they have creatine, whey, glutamine, etc.

a friend told me kase na with regards to creatine, mas ok daw ung hindi galing ng asia

the reason is, mas maganda daw ang quality nung galing ng us o europe

nabasa daw nya to sa isang magazine

i this true?

i know kase na mas mura kase sana ung products ng Base6

pero if i will get less also, wala rin ako natipid

thanks.