• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

All About Basketball Shoes

Dr.Love

Hey doc , is this the particular color way that you were planning to get. Nice shoe hope they get to be on sale soon. :cool:

That's the colorway I'm planning to get but I'll buy the high top version. I saw it on SM & the salesguy I talked to told me that Avia still has no plans of putting those models on sale since they are hot sellers. They're maximizing their profits. The high tops sells for less than 3K so it's still a good buy & they're using genuine leather for the uppers so the shoe is also durable.

One last thing guys before I go. It's nice to know that other shoe brand has been discuss in this forum aside from Nike and addidas. What I wanted to know is, has any of you guys played in converse ( the models Dwane Wade has been wearing, the one with the icon technology) wonder how they feel? Been planning to get hold on a pair but they never seem to go on sale. Sayang naman if you get a 4 thousand plus shoe and the technology doesn't stand up to your expectation right. Prof K reviewed the weapon but that shoe doesn't have any technology in it, and they are not even selling the laker color way here in Manila that Magic Johnson made famous off. Any one out there let us know your imput nalang ok. Thanks. Hey is it just me or does this colorway of the weapon looks cool.

I've never used yet a Converse w/ the Icon technology. The models I've used during college used the React technology. Yan yung may yellow gel dun sa heel area. Larry Johnson's signature shoe was also recently reissued & I've seen it in SM Makati. That one also has React technology.

The Converse Weapon for me is overpriced. That's an almost 4K shoe w/ no technology. The Avia's are better in my opinion. I've seen an Avia in the Lakers colorway in SM & it's really nice.

Here's what happened to my Adidas Promodel. You can also see the Torsion bar inside. I'll buy Shoe Goo tomorrow to patch it up. When Prof K. reviewed this shoe, he said that the interface between the outsole & midsole came off & it caused him distraction when playing & fortunately for him, the outsole didn't came off. That's one of the reasons he gave this shoe a low rating. I just like this shoe for balling due to its excellent fit & traction.

post-21285-1117243832.jpg

Here's what happened to my Nike Presto World after 3 years of wearing. I'm still wearing this up to now since it super light & cushioning is really good. The inner of the shoe is still OK. My only gripe is the material Nike used for the upper & this is an expensive shoe. This cost me almost 5K & I never bought this on sale since it immediately sold out in stores.

post-21285-1117244265.jpg

post-21285-1117244310.jpg

post-21285-1117244344.jpg

Nice collection doc. :) Was going to post up some of my collection, unfortunately was a bit busy the past few days but I want to share you with something I discovered while I was reading thru Nike talk. Now here is a guy who collect basketball shoes too.He doesn't have the most pair that I've seen( There was a guy featured in Slam that had more than a 100 pair in storage) but its the way how he collects it, specially those hard to find versions. But the most amazing thing that I found out about this particular collector....now get this... he is only in the eight grade. Yikes. :boo: ( wonder where he gets all that money to collect all these shoes) Well anyway here are the pictures, hope you guys take time and enjoy them. :cool:

post-45917-1117402836.jpg

post-45917-1117402868.jpg

post-45917-1117402897.jpg

post-45917-1117402957.jpg

post-45917-1117402981.jpg

post-45917-1117403007.jpg

post-45917-1117403049.jpg

Astig yung collection na yan. He even has multiple colorways of the same model. Grabe ang yaman niya kung 8th grade lang siya. His parents must be really supportive. The shoes in his collection sell for more than a hundred bucks each at retail.

help pls.

i need a basketball shoe preferably all black or predominantly black. my size for adidas and reeboks is 13. dont know if it will be the same for nike. where can i buy the cheapest original shoes on sale. im not particular with designs, just need a decent shoe for protection which can also be worn with jeans for everyday wear.

suggestions, anyone?