• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Been a while agxo3.

Thanks for the Retzlaff suggestion a few years back. Livermore has been a destination for me now whenever I'm low on supply. Have you tried KaDieM cabs? I highly recommend it. Jax wines near AT&T Park is also not bad. :) Especially, it's close to work.

Hey! Yup long, long time......

Haven't tried those wineries you suggested. Where's KaDieM?

Have you tried the wines made by the Filipino winemaker in Sebastopol? Can remember the winery name now......

Haven't been up to Sonoma county since spring this year - I'm due for a day trip. And I need to go to Inglenook. Being a member there, I get the full "sit-down, they bring the wine to you" wine tasting (not the stand up at the bar tasting). Always a relaxing way to taste not fighting the drunken hordes at the counter.

Hey Bods! Yup - maybe we can set up a wine EB for next time I'm in Manila - most likely end of Jan 2016. Unless I can line up some folks to talk to about maybe setting up a business there.

Retzlaff is what I brought last time - that and a Coppola (now Inglenook - name change only) Cask which is still one of my faves. The Retzlaff family reserve should be really good. It's a '96!

I've recently picked up a (pretty expensive) bottle of pinot that i', holding for another year before drinking. It's a Cirq 2013 pinot from the Russian River Valley and it's made by Michael Browne who was the winemaker for the highly acclaimed (and VERY expensive cult wines) Kosta-Browne. We went to the release part and it was so good I bought a bottle and signed up for more next year. It's on allocation so let's see how many I get. I'll be happy to get 3.

End of Jan next year should be good. And that retzlaff should be better.

Can't wait to get in touch with the others. In fact, I'm thinking of us having a "waiting" celebration for you hehe. Matagal na din kaming di nagkikita.

What business is that, pare? Baka pwede ko dyan, kahit clerk lang hehe.

• 3 weeks later...

End of Jan next year should be good. And that retzlaff should be better.

Can't wait to get in touch with the others. In fact, I'm thinking of us having a "waiting" celebration for you hehe. Matagal na din kaming di nagkikita.

What business is that, pare? Baka pwede ko dyan, kahit clerk lang hehe.

Hey Bods! sorry for the late reply.......i'm trying to keep myself busy. Now working with a pre-funding stealth startup that is in dire need of a pushy engineering guy to drive product definition and get the implementation plan in place. So that's me. The pushy part, I mean. ;-)

Got our tickets lined up. Arriving Jan 17, and will stay in Manila two days. On Tuesday (19th) we head up to Baguio for the school reunion. We're in the PH until the 30th but I am not yet sure what happens after the reunion, which ends with a big dinner on the 23rd (Saturday).

Given that - how do you feel about getting together the 17th? Dinner at your resto? I think my wife will want to sleep......and she can have dinner at the hotel or right around it if she wants. Or maybe call some friends and have dinner with them! It will be really nice to see all the winos again. Let me know how many can join us - I will bring enough wine to go around. Retzlaff, an Inglenook, maybe a really nice pinot noir or zinfandel.........

Business - my brother has been talking about setting something up over there and he has some close friends who might be able to put in some funding. He's now in the wine business (wine steward at a Safeway [!]) and he was talking about a similar idea to what i talked about before - exclusive distribution of boutique California wines over there. Maybe this time, with me being retarded (retired, I mean!) and having more time, I can actually make this work!!

See you in January! Might be better to email me instead of using MTC since I don't check MTC that ofter anymore. I'll PM you my email address.

@agxo3 KaDieM is in Napa. Jax is near AT&T park in the city. Bought a couple of Montelena Chardonnay 2012 and 2011 Cab. I'll probably reserve the cabs for Christmas. hehehe There is a wine tasting room that I want to try in the Dog Patch area. I'll let you know how it goes.

@itikbitik - what's that wine tasting room in Dogpatch? I think I'll head up to city one day next week just to goof off and take some pictures. if it's not too far from the Muni line I might head that way........Chateau Montelena cabs are nice - good for XMas if you're having prime rib. I always do a whole prime rib for XMas dinner with family and I always open a really nice cab as the dinner wine.

Hey Bods! sorry for the late reply.......i'm trying to keep myself busy. Now working with a pre-funding stealth startup that is in dire need of a pushy engineering guy to drive product definition and get the implementation plan in place. So that's me. The pushy part, I mean. ;-)

Got our tickets lined up. Arriving Jan 17, and will stay in Manila two days. On Tuesday (19th) we head up to Baguio for the school reunion. We're in the PH until the 30th but I am not yet sure what happens after the reunion, which ends with a big dinner on the 23rd (Saturday).

Given that - how do you feel about getting together the 17th? Dinner at your resto? I think my wife will want to sleep......and she can have dinner at the hotel or right around it if she wants. Or maybe call some friends and have dinner with them! It will be really nice to see all the winos again. Let me know how many can join us - I will bring enough wine to go around. Retzlaff, an Inglenook, maybe a really nice pinot noir or zinfandel.........

Business - my brother has been talking about setting something up over there and he has some close friends who might be able to put in some funding. He's now in the wine business (wine steward at a Safeway [!]) and he was talking about a similar idea to what i talked about before - exclusive distribution of boutique California wines over there. Maybe this time, with me being retarded (retired, I mean!) and having more time, I can actually make this work!!

See you in January! Might be better to email me instead of using MTC since I don't check MTC that ofter anymore. I'll PM you my email address.

The 17th is my daughter's birthday so I can't commit on that day. Plan B? Haha

So you're still keen on that wine thing here. Good luck pare. I know some guy who's looking to finance ventures. Email kita.

The 17th is my daughter's birthday so I can't commit on that day. Plan B? Haha

So you're still keen on that wine thing here. Good luck pare. I know some guy who's looking to finance ventures. Email kita.

Plan B is the 18th.......or when we get back from Baguio. That date is still uncertain. Definitely no later than the 29th.

So plan C could be the 29th. :P

Finished off. '97 Retzlaff. 80% cab, 20% merlot. Tannins have receded, fruit coming forward again. Nice. Good news is I bought a half case, so 5 more bottles! The '97 cabs are coming along nicely and should be good drinking right around now. That's next on my drink list.

Next time we have folks over I have a 2002 Rubicon that's just begging to be opened.

• 3 weeks later...

@itikbitik - what's that wine tasting room in Dogpatch? I think I'll head up to city one day next week just to goof off and take some pictures. if it's not too far from the Muni line I might head that way........Chateau Montelena cabs are nice - good for XMas if you're having prime rib. I always do a whole prime rib for XMas dinner with family and I always open a really nice cab as the dinner wine.

@agxo3 Sorry late reply. I go to the one in 22nd and 3rd. Sutton Cellars. It's behind mr and mrs miscellaneous the ice cream place. The area is awesome for foodies. Really good ice cream. Nice new restaurants and magnolia brewing company is close by also.

For xmas I stick to tradition, callos, paella, and lengua con seta. Based on your earlier reply are you doing product management? Any hints on the stealth startup? hehehe The company I work for now is no longer flying under the radar. Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft already took notice. We're in for a fight.

@agxo3 Sorry late reply. I go to the one in 22nd and 3rd. Sutton Cellars. It's behind mr and mrs miscellaneous the ice cream place. The area is awesome for foodies. Really good ice cream. Nice new restaurants and magnolia brewing company is close by also.

For xmas I stick to tradition, callos, paella, and lengua con seta. Based on your earlier reply are you doing product management? Any hints on the stealth startup? hehehe The company I work for now is no longer flying under the radar. Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft already took notice. We're in for a fight.

22nd and 3rd....I can take Muni down 3rd. I think there's a stop right there! Not this week..... I have camping trip planned this weekend. Me off by myself. Wifey stays home and gets to sleep in.....

I'm doing pretty much everything for that startup - product management, pushing the architecture, driving product development, recruiting the core engineering team, getting the (very small) network and IT admin set up.........we're driving to Porto to demo to VCs in about 2 weeks. If we get traction and money then we kick off full development. Sorry, no hints. We're playing it real close to the vest.

Sounds like life will get exciting for you very soon! Good luck!

Edited by agxo3