• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

drunk alreaady

And from that I see you are entirely missing the point. Wine is not for getting drunk - cheap beer and even cheaper cuatro cantos is perfect for that. Wine - GOOD wine of ANY price is meant to be savored and enjoyed and shared. Not quaffed in an attempt to go blind, even if only for a while.

And from that I see you are entirely missing the point. Wine is not for getting drunk - cheap beer and even cheaper cuatro cantos is perfect for that. Wine - GOOD wine of ANY price is meant to be savored and enjoyed and shared. Not quaffed in an attempt to go blind, even if only for a while.

Here! Here!

Maybe that's why the three of us got a little drunk drinking beer last Wedn. but not cheap beers, I should say.

Good luck on your new ventures and we'll drink to that the next time we see each other. Cheers!

I raise my glass to you, Agxo!

• 4 weeks later...

Try TITANIA wine cellar.. They sell good wines, and a lot to choose from..

meron sila p220.00 lang red/white wine comparable na sa mga high end na wines ang lasa.

pwede rin uminom sa loob ng stores nila & you can bring your own pulutan..

They have branches in edsa shangrila, gateway, rockwell, camp john hay.. CHEERS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

sounds good! just let me know when you want it to happen. So far, weeknights are open.

I wish I could join you!! But, no plans to head over that way any time soon......

this is the first weekend I've had since the Nw Year where I wasn't sick or working. The good news - it's Super Bowl Sunday!!

what to drink? well, the first question is - what to eat! Weather is nice so I think I'm firing up the outdoor grill and doing either baby back ribs, smoked pork loin, or spicy-glazed chicken wings. No beer - the universal drink for burnt meat is a nice zin. I just received my latest Inglenook (formerly Rubicon - just a name change) Edizione Pennino zin shipment. there's a 2007 in there that promises to be smooth, jammy, intense, slightly peppery complimenting the plum and dark berries flavors......i can taste it already!

have fun, cheer on the 'niners, eat well, drink well, but don't drink and drive!!

Edited by agxo3
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Apparently it is not bad manners to stir your champagne in a glass to dissipate the bubbles. It seems it is a French custom.

This I learned again from Richman's book. And of all people, it was his dinner date Sharon Stone whom he saw doing it. It appears that Sharon Stone is no dumb bimbo as she appears cultured and well-versed in dinner ettiquette and wine appreciation. Looking through the glass of the French white Chateauneuf-du-Pape she was drinking, she remarked:

"The wine reminds me of the gowns of Catherine the Great - gold with traces of pink."