• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

what swayed me into buying Rene Barbier was that it still came corked. I don't have anything against wines with screw caps. Experts say it makes no difference whether you plug a wine with a stopper like cork or close it with a cap. Maybe I just love to hear the cork pop as it comes out, or the smell of cork, or the tactile feel of cork. It helps that I have been collecting corks for the last 15 years or so for some nebulous future project of mine, but still I would have preferred it to some other wine closure, project or no project.

Therefore, of late, most of the wines I have been buying were Chilean or Spanish. My favorite Aussies almost all come in screw caps now.

Pag puro Australian wine nga nakita mong nakahanay sa grocery shelf, parang tingin ko mga bote ng toyo hehe.

Bods, email me, please. Remember that idea I had a few years ago? It's back and a bit more alive. But I need a bit of information that I am sure you can help me get (or that you already know). Trying to line up a couple of local investors there to fund it. My brother will probably be our front man there if this works out.

pards!

I've replied to your email, finally. The information's not complete yet, however.

Good luck, and cheers!

Cuvee du Vatican Chateauneuf du Pape Reserve Sixtine 2003

Chateau Monbousque 1998 Saint Emillion Grand Cru

Bramare 2008 Vina Cobos Chardonnay Marchiori Vineyard

Bedford Thompson 2001 Syrah Santa Barbara

Justin Cabernet Sauvignon 2001

Parallel Napa Valley Cabernet Suavignon 2007

Blue Eyed Boy 2009 Shiraz

Amisfield Pinot Noir 2007 Central Otago NZ

La Massa Toscana 2007

abd,

Oh yes there is, and it's mind-boggling and head-splitting hehe. You have to taste all the wines - red, white, Old World, New World. I once attended a wine event at Mandarin given by Aussie winemakers and they had their all their wines on sample. Couldn't wait for the lecture to finish so we can get our hands on the wines. Didn't know how I got home that night....

Masi,

Pards mukhang marami ka nang naiinom na wine ah. Puro bago pa hehe. Meron pa ba?

Storm is inviting us to sample some wine. Set natin?

Ruffino Modus 2005 Toscana

Brunello di Montalcino, Valdicava 2004 (VERY FRAGRANT bouquet, rich and elegant, but lacking in depth. This wine was not ready even if our meal stretch to 3 hours! I would give this bottle 5 to 8 years of cellaring before I would touch another.)

over Insalata Caprese and Saliciccia + Osso Bucco.

Been very busy lately. I'll catch up with you guys soon!

Edited by masi

I still can't get over the synesthesia of the taste and the feel. Long finish pala tawag doon ... hehehe quite similar to that long finish we feel I suppose while having epidermal felicity with another featherless biped in desperate congress! :lo: Harharhar.

Wow...panalo! Such a fine way with words.

I miss....

Wala lang. Just reading through the thread, and feeling some nostalgia fuelled by the wine I'm drinking now. It's a wonder how something like this cheap wine can trigger some nostalgia for this ancient thread.

Cheers, winos, wherever you are.