• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

agxo3 belated happy thanksgiving

Was able to score some 2007 cliff lede cab sauvignon and a 2006 cliff lede cab sauvignon poetry just a week before thanksgiving. We went to Yountville. We had the 2007 for thanksgiving and I made a crown roast of pork with cornbread stuffing. I was not in the mood for turkey. hehehe I'll fly the 2006 with me and 2 2007 to NY for a family gathering this Christmas. I might make cochinillo for the event if my brother can secure a suckling pig.

You really enjoy Livermore wines. :)

Hi IB!

Livermore is close by to me and I know some of the winemakers.

Christmas was ablest. My brother and fAmily came ore for dinner. Opened a '96 Rubicon, a '03 Rubicon Estates Cask Cabernet and a '05 Turnbull Petit Syrah. For dinner we had horseradish crusted prime rib, ham, creamed spinach and savory bread pudding with Parmesan cheese and prosciutto.

Dessert rang red from apple pie to kakanin to homemade cannolis.

All in all a great evening.

Tonight was my wife's g'day so we went to dinner in San Francisco - RN 74, a Michael Mina restaurant. Grat food and a very good wine. DetaiLs in another post.....

Hi IB!

Livermore is close by to me and I know some of the winemakers.

Christmas was ablest. My brother and fAmily came ore for dinner. Opened a '96 Rubicon, a '03 Rubicon Estates Cask Cabernet and a '05 Turnbull Petit Syrah. For dinner we had horseradish crusted prime rib, ham, creamed spinach and savory bread pudding with Parmesan cheese and prosciutto.

Dessert rang red from apple pie to kakanin to homemade cannolis.

All in all a great evening.

Tonight was my wife's g'day so we went to dinner in San Francisco - RN 74, a Michael Mina restaurant. Grat food and a very good wine. DetaiLs in another post.....

When will you visit Pinas?

It' been so quiet here.

Happy new year to all!

Can someone enlighten me about the concept of alcohol content? Say, for beer which normally is 5% alcohol. If you drink a bottle, do you get 5% alcohol in your system? So if you have 5 bottles, does this mean you have imbibed 5 x 5 = 25& alcohol? :wacko:

cheers!

It' been so quiet here.

Happy new year to all!

Can someone enlighten me about the concept of alcohol content? Say, for beer which normally is 5% alcohol. If you drink a bottle, do you get 5% alcohol in your system? So if you have 5 bottles, does this mean you have imbibed 5 x 5 = 25& alcohol? :wacko:

cheers!

The alcohol content of beer/wine/liquor is the measure of the volume of ethanol in it. It is commonly expressed as a percent, such as those found in bottles of beer that says it's 5%, 7%, etc. This is way of writing the alcohol content is called Alcohol By Volume (ABV). Thus, 5% beer means that if you drink 100mL of beer, you actually consume 5mL of ethanol. I think most bottler of beer are 330mL so if you drink a bottle, you take in about 16mL of alcohol. Five bottles would mean 80mL of alcohol. Whoa, that's a cup! :lol: :lol:

Another common way to indicate alcohol content is the proof. Proof is twice the ABV. So if your drink is 30-proof, that means it's actually 15%ABV. :)

The measure of alcohol in your system would now depend on how much ethanol you've taken in in relation to the volume of blood in your body.

Edited by erato

The alcohol content of beer/wine/liquor is the measure of the volume of ethanol in it. It is commonly expressed as a percent, such as those found in bottles of beer that says it's 5%, 7%, etc. This is way of writing the alcohol content is called Alcohol By Volume (ABV). Thus, 5% beer means that if you drink 100mL of beer, you actually consume 5mL of ethanol. I think most bottler of beer are 330mL so if you drink a bottle, you take in about 16mL of alcohol. Five bottles would mean 80mL of alcohol. Whoa, that's a cup! :lol: :lol:

Another common way to indicate alcohol content is the proof. Proof is twice the ABV. So if your drink is 30-proof, that means it's actually 15%ABV. :)

The measure of alcohol in your system would now depend on how much ethanol you've taken in in relation to the volume of blood in your body.

Such a scholarly reply. Thanks! Now I can put my drinking in perspective. :P

Now I also know what engineering dept you were in Melchor Hall. I should have guessed it

earlier when you said that you and LC belonged to the same dept., after having remembered

that LC is (or was?)connected with that big multinational.

cheers, and welcome to the thread!

My apologies, as you will notice that the thread is full of cobwebs, empty wine bottles,

discarded corks and the debris of happy postings.

Is that a cocktail on your avatar?

Such a scholarly reply. Thanks! Now I can put my drinking in perspective. :P

Now I also know what engineering dept you were in Melchor Hall. I should have guessed it

earlier when you said that you and LC belonged to the same dept., after having remembered

that LC is (or was?)connected with that big multinational.

cheers, and welcome to the thread!

My apologies, as you will notice that the thread is full of cobwebs, empty wine bottles,

discarded corks and the debris of happy postings.

Is that a cocktail on your avatar?

Hey Bods! Just dropped by here 'cause I happened to know the answer to the question you posted.

Other than that, no reason for me to be here since I barely drink anything alcoholic; I can't handle it.

And oh, it's Dalandan Juice on my avatar. ;)

Cheers to you and the thread patrons!

Edited by erato

Hey Bods! Just dropped by here 'cause I happened to know the answer to the question you posted.

Other than that, no reason for me to be here since I barely drink anything alcoholic; I can't handle it.

And oh, it's Dalandan Juice on my avatar. ;)

Cheers to you and the thread patrons!

thanks again but you are always welcome here, even if alcohol disagrees with you. the patrons here, on the otherhand, you will find very agreeable.

• 2 weeks later...