• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

BlackStone Pinot Noir 2006 - This is a staple because of its elegant yet subtle complexity.

Gregorio Sangiovese - This is a China made wine. A far cry from the typical "cough syrup" type wines I tasted some years back. This wine is obviously made from very young grape vines. Mostly alcohol and minerals. I would like to taste the product 5-years from now, when the vines have matured and hopefully turn out a more elegant body.

Torbreck Woodcutters Shiraz 2006- A very deep and complex wine starting out with it deep purple color. Elaborate nose and palate of mix ripe berries, cocoa and subtle spice.

Edited by masi

yes that Blackstone is the only black stone that's a gem :thumbsupsmiley: panalo!

the Torbreck transcends it lowly woodcutter's name - more fit for a gemcutter...

the Gregorio lacks some structure, but hey, the ladies seemed to love it!

thanks again, masi and missus, for your hospitality and the great time we had!

cheers!

I don't know if this is off topic but I want to share this.

I've been drinking Jinro Soju (Korean Potato Wine) for more than a year now.

The small bottle version is only 19.8% to 20.1% alcohol (P 80 to 100) and the big bottle is 24% alcohol (P 200)

It is indeed cheap but what I enjoyed with this is when I let the ladies drink it. I mix Mirinda or Royal Tru-Orange.

The alcohol content is really low if we compare it to Gin or Vodka.

However, I find that the ladies get drunk easily with this and made them hot that led to sex on some of them.

I tried to research on this on the internet but I can't find a logical explanation.

I experimented this on my wife, my office mates, my friends, and other acquantances and got almost similar result.

I told my daughter not to drink it with other people except in the family as it is "dangerous".

One of my staff even whispered to my ear that she was safe after 4 shots of this. She can't remember what she whispered to me when she's not drunk anymore. I did not take advantage of her as she was my staff and I don't want any scandal.

There was another drinking session w/ 2 (P 200) Jinro = P 400 with 5 ladies and me. 3 of them also became hot after the 2nd bottle.

Maybe it's the chemical mixture of the softdrink or maybe it's really Jinro.

The rest of you guys can experiment with it and share the results.

Enjoy!

B.T.W. Try the yellow label than the light green label. The yellow label is more effective.

i first had soju in the late 70s in korea (shows you how old i am); perhaps in '78. it's cheap wine. at the time we were all speculating it had formaldehyde. as for an american counterpart, think boone's farm :blush:

i first had soju in the late 70s in korea (shows you how old i am); perhaps in '78. it's cheap wine. at the time we were all speculating it had formaldehyde. as for an american counterpart, think boone's farm :blush:

Oh, no! Boone's Farm is positively genteel compared to soju. Think Ripple or Thunderbird - with a healthy dash of Everclear!

Oh, no! Boone's Farm is positively genteel compared to soju. Think Ripple or Thunderbird - with a healthy dash of Everclear!

Boone's Farm was sold in PX stores in Nepo Mart and Dau in Pampanga. This was in the late 70s to 80s.

I remember, for the New Year, my father would "pop" the plastic stopper of Andre Cold Duck! This was the sparkling wine of choice before "Asti".

Boone's Farm was sold in PX stores in Nepo Mart and Dau in Pampanga. This was in the late 70s to 80s.

I remember, for the New Year, my father would "pop" the plastic stopper of Andre Cold Duck! This was the sparkling wine of choice before "Asti".

Hehehe. Andre! I vaguely remember that.

What I do recall is the jug of Spanada. Semi-sweet wine, but way better than Novelino.

Hehehe. Andre! I vaguely remember that.

What I do recall is the jug of Spanada. Semi-sweet wine, but way better than Novelino.

Yeah I recember Spanada, the label has a Spanish Galleon.

There is another US wine which was popular during those day of Boone's Farm, Andre. The bottle shape was like that of Welch Grape juice. The label just skips me.

Yeah I recember Spanada, the label has a Spanish Galleon.

There is another US wine which was popular during those day of Boone's Farm, Andre. The bottle shape was like that of Welch Grape juice. The label just skips me.

Hey! I also remember that! Is that the one that has a screw-cap and comes with a free plastic wine glass?

For Masi,

Yes am importing my wines and distributing it as well, I used to have a showroom before in polaris infront of la-tienda in makati, but am just maintaining my temperatured controlled warehouse, I usuallu caters to private individuals and some corporate accounts. we do delivery as well, but my wines are more into French, Portuguese, Italian... more on the high end, last night I had a tasting at Alliance Francais De Manille, we tasted 2001 vintage; Les Fiefs de Lagrange, Les haut de Pontet, Ch. Lanessan 2004. very promising wines and my guests enjoyed it. I collect older vintage also, my oldest is a 1907 Cos d" Estournel. my company is Gran Vin Exchange, it is very nice to know thata lot are into wines already.

Hi Folks. I am relatively new to wines but I just wanted to share. To Nikki. I remember Gran Vin Exchange! Was always curious about it but never got around to visiting. I think it is now a tatoo shop. Too bad. I also recently came back from a trip to the US and got to try a Coppola Merlot? I am hardly an authority on the subject but it really did taste quite good.

Hi Folks. I am relatively new to wines but I just wanted to share. To Nikki. I remember Gran Vin Exchange! Was always curious about it but never got around to visiting. I think it is now a tatoo shop. Too bad. I also recently came back from a trip to the US and got to try a Coppola Merlot? I am hardly an authority on the subject but it really did taste quite good.

thats nice to know that you remember my old shop in polaris, yeah the place was nice but costly for us. so we decided to just maintain our warehouse but looking forward to open again another wine shop soon. but my tagaytay is on going already but its a different concept, it would be an off premise wine tasting venue for corporate parties or events. we have a very wonderful view of the taal lake and my partners and I turned this villa into a very wonderful wine experience. thakns

thats nice to know that you remember my old shop in polaris, yeah the place was nice but costly for us. so we decided to just maintain our warehouse but looking forward to open again another wine shop soon. but my tagaytay is on going already but its a different concept, it would be an off premise wine tasting venue for corporate parties or events. we have a very wonderful view of the taal lake and my partners and I turned this villa into a very wonderful wine experience. thakns

Yes, it did look like a very nice shop. I think it was the colors of your sign that caught my attention. Hopefully, i can someday get better acquainted with different wines. You might say am in the experimental stage right now. Hope you eventually open that wine shop so that i finally get a chance to visit it.

Welcome to the thread! We're all here to learn and share experiences. Coppola has a wide range of wines from supermarket label to signature, estate labels. Agxo would be in a better position to talk about Coppola wines.

Wine appreciation is a personal choice. What maybe good for you may not appeal to the other. This is what makes it a fascinating subject.