• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

went to CAV last night with my wife. nice place, happy crowd.

You purchase a card with credits to access the different wines in their "vending machine" . You could sample their different wines at "flight" volume or buy a glass. It's like "Time Zone" for winos.

Nice place for an EB. What do you think, guys and gals?

some wines i tried at Cav last Friday.

Barolo Prunotto 2003 - mid crimson colors, with a complex nose of cherries, leather, spices. a very good wine!

Beringer Pinot Noir 2006 - i don't know if it's just me but the Beringer label is synonymous to a zin. so this Pinot has more flavors of a zin. for me, it's a WTF (wine to forget)!!!! (what were you thinking?)

btw, the tasting notes were made after several glasses of draft beer and a couple of Bombay Sapphire Martinis.

Edited by masi
pareng bods, let me know when you are up for an eb. let's get together with storm, lips, liberty and the rest of the winos.

let's go pare!

It's been like ages since we've seen each other! Storm and I usually bump into each other but you pare I have been raring to see again, and of course the ever mysterious Lips and the always gracious liberty...

I'd be available starting Friday, May 8 pare....

I was wondering about those vending machines at Cav, having never been there. Isn't the wine affected being in the receptacle or container or whatever, of the vending machine?

btw, the tasting notes were made after several glasses of draft beer and a couple of Bombay Sapphire Martinis.

Methinks your tasting notes would read like a Bollywood script after those two Bombays, but you still did well hehehe...

Wine Depot has for its wine of the week Blackstone Pinot Noir from Monterey County, selling for about P600 from its usual P900. Has anybody had any experience with the wine? The discount smells good....

Author Laura Esquivel (ganda ng first name noh? ha ha ha) opens her book Like Water For Chocolate with an old Spanish adage that says "To the table or to bed; you must come when you are bid." I reckon that adage failed to include the context of wine in hand :lol: Just let me know where and when and I'll make time for it. Am just out on May 7 and 9 for a shoot in Taal. I have a tentative office dinner on May 8 but that should end early enough for me to follow.

I have been pretty sober for quite some time but allowed myself to be a lush a week ago at M Cafe --- lychee martini in hand and gorgeous gal pals in another while giggling like high school girls. Haha ang juvenile! But I gotta say, M Cafe has the best Lychee Martinis in the Metro! Ponticello has the good Coco Lychee ones.

Last drop of vino I had was... was ... lawrd, was eons ago. Be that as it may, it was a memorable drop given the humidity of that night. Had a bottle of that Kiwi Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay which was so refreshing with its fruity profile. It just felt like a melange of ripe melons and citrus (crisp crisp lime) bursting in my warm mouth, instantly soothing the searing skin on my cheeks (sa face hah hindi butt! :lol: ). Suddenly the intense ride I have always gotten from the reds disinterested me. In fact I have actually stayed away from dark drinks since then (that must expalin the Lychee Martini binge) which makes me wonder now if it at all reflects the shift in disposition I have taken in life. Preference for the simple, uncomplicated yet clear is apparent in a lot of the things I have been doing albeit fleeting and whimsical even. Hmn hmn hmn. I seem to have lost a lot of deep passion for many things, I seem to have lost the many reds in my being.

Haha yes this soliloquiy brought to you by my contemplating on the deeper meaning of that drop of white I had over a year ago. Funny what wine can do, it's like the life that flows through your veins. :lol: :lol: :lol: Old fat ugly hirsute woman rambling at midnight. I should get more sleep. *yawn*

Cheers my fave winos and looking forward to enjoying your company very soon. :*

Methinks your tasting notes would read like a Bollywood script after those two Bombays, but you still did well hehehe...

Wine Depot has for its wine of the week Blackstone Pinot Noir from Monterey County, selling for about P600 from its usual P900. Has anybody had any experience with the wine? The discount smells good....

Blackstone Pinot is a staple in our humble abode just like NFA rice is for the hoarders este millers!!!!

Real value for money!!!! Since it's 30% cheaper, I'd better head over to Wine Depot in Greenhills Connecticut.

Haha!!!! I thought I was James Bond telling the bartender how to prepare the martini .... shaken not stirred and using the vermouth simply to prep the glass and not mixing it with the gin!!!!.

I recently found out that the ultimate martini is made by making ice using vermouth beforehand and shaking the gin with the ice vermouth!!!!

I plan to try this someday soon!

Maybe the eb will not be solely for wine but for shochu and martini as well!!!!

let's go pare!

It's been like ages since we've seen each other! Storm and I usually bump into each other but you pare I have been raring to see again, and of course the ever mysterious Lips and the always gracious liberty...

I'd be available starting Friday, May 8 pare....

I was wondering about those vending machines at Cav, having never been there. Isn't the wine affected being in the receptacle or container or whatever, of the vending machine?

Nope, pare. the wine is "vended" (is there a such a word) from the bottle, which is in a glass enclosure. so you see the bottle when you order it.

it's a great place to quell your curiousity.

hope to see you soon

Author Laura Esquivel (ganda ng first name noh? ha ha ha) opens her book Like Water For Chocolate with an old Spanish adage that says "To the table or to bed; you must come when you are bid." I reckon that adage failed to include the context of wine in hand :lol: Just let me know where and when and I'll make time for it. Am just out on May 7 and 9 for a shoot in Taal. I have a tentative office dinner on May 8 but that should end early enough for me to follow.

I have been pretty sober for quite some time but allowed myself to be a lush a week ago at M Cafe --- lychee martini in hand and gorgeous gal pals in another while giggling like high school girls. Haha ang juvenile! But I gotta say, M Cafe has the best Lychee Martinis in the Metro! Ponticello has the good Coco Lychee ones.

Last drop of vino I had was... was ... lawrd, was eons ago. Be that as it may, it was a memorable drop given the humidity of that night. Had a bottle of that Kiwi Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay which was so refreshing with its fruity profile. It just felt like a melange of ripe melons and citrus (crisp crisp lime) bursting in my warm mouth, instantly soothing the searing skin on my cheeks (sa face hah hindi butt! :lol: ). Suddenly the intense ride I have always gotten from the reds disinterested me. In fact I have actually stayed away from dark drinks since then (that must expalin the Lychee Martini binge) which makes me wonder now if it at all reflects the shift in disposition I have taken in life. Preference for the simple, uncomplicated yet clear is apparent in a lot of the things I have been doing albeit fleeting and whimsical even. Hmn hmn hmn. I seem to have lost a lot of deep passion for many things, I seem to have lost the many reds in my being.

Haha yes this soliloquiy brought to you by my contemplating on the deeper meaning of that drop of white I had over a year ago. Funny what wine can do, it's like the life that flows through your veins. :lol: :lol: :lol: Old fat ugly hirsute woman rambling at midnight. I should get more sleep. *yawn*

Cheers my fave winos and looking forward to enjoying your company very soon. :*

It's GREAT to read your posts again, Senorita Lips!

We'll keep you posted on how the eb would develop for next week.

See you soon!

post-91305-1209524990.jpg

Its somtething like this, with digital indicators and a slot for your card. But the ones on Cav has the inverted bottles on top.

post-91305-1209524990.jpg

Its somtething like this, with digital indicators and a slot for your card. But the ones on Cav has the inverted bottles on top.

i just got back from FHA2008 and seen this vending machine, and have asked about it, like its displayed on a booth that sells espresso machines from italy, well, it preserves the wine not beyond 10 days i think but with a nitrogen spray or something. i thought la rose noire sells only frozen pastries.