• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump! :)

The winos must still be on vacation mode :P

What's d best wine for the Holy Week??

Since we abstain from red meat during holy week, I suppose the best wines to go with seafood and veggies would be the whites and light-medium bodied merlots and zins ....

As for me, I was able to sample the Villa Maria chardonnay and sauvignon blanc from Kiwi land during the holy week .....

Notes - pale to golden straw in color .... generally plum on the nose and then there is a distinct smell I can't place, somewhat oaky but metallic at the same time :P ..... dry, crisp, fruity, mildly sweet, a bit tangy, my wife characterized it as refreshing, nice finish wth lingering aftertaste of lime and plum (again) ..... overall, a nice go-to wine for impromptu dinners with friends .... easy drinking, unpretentious and light on the pocket! .... kinda reminds me of a Robert Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay from the Central Coast, CA :)

Of course, Easter Sunday was different!

after a week without meat, I splurged on home-cooked wagyu steak and a big, bold 1996 Ceretto Bricco Roche barolo ..... sarap!

the barolo was so good I waived my share of dessert just to savor the wine instead ..... dessert, btw, was a big cake from conti's which my son almost singlehandedly finished :P

after lunch and a bottle of barolo (we opened 2 bottles, the other was a Barossa cab sau but I kept the barolo to myself hahaha!) 3 pm pa lang lasing na ko kaya natulog na ko :D

.... woke up the following morning and, as useless, late for work again! :P

• 2 weeks later...
Folks! Found another red from Chile- Cano Sur. For the price not bad- salut! :cool:

Had Cono Sur about 10 years ago - and as its name suggests, my impressions quickly went down south. Chileans when they make wine should be very good otherwise they turn out wines like these.

But hey! 10 years is a lot of time. Recent vintages could have improved.

Folks! Found another red from Chile- Cano Sur. For the price not bad- salut! :cool:

Had Cono Sur about 10 years ago - and as its name suggests, my impressions quickly went down south. Chileans when they make wine should be very good otherwise they turn out wines like these.

But hey! 10 years is a lot of time. Recent vintages could have improved.

sup? nice room... :hypocritesmiley:

eto masarap :upside:

hi there!

thanks for visiting the mostly-empty room now. Care to introduce yourself?

Your handle is interesting, as it evokes memories of one of my favorite books - THE DHARMA BUMS - by William Burroughs....

yes, vodka cruisers are yummy. Actually, it's not the drink per se that makes the beverage good or interesting. It is the company you drank it with that would make the drink memorable. Heck, you can even drink syoktong, but if you're drinking it with someone as lovely as the moonlight that peeks above the swaying palms over your head, you would remember it as one heck of a drink afterwards....

cheers!!!

Share naman kayo good enough wine brands na around P500 lang. The ones I tried were Aussies: Hardys, Wolf Blass, and Penfolds, all cabs. Im stuck with Hardys now with their for 750+250ml free at around P350. Great for after work relaxation while flipping channels on the tube.

Let's see...for around that price tag the Chilean Los Boldos is pwede na. The ever reliable Yellow Tail is also there. Go look for some South Africans at Santi's - may mga nabili na ako dun around P500 na good enough. Another Chilean, the Ventisquero is impressive at a modest price. Actually, wala ako maisip masyado. I've been limiting my budget for everyday drinking wine at less than P300 hahahaha so what I get are all these creepy Aussie critters and creepers and what-have-you....

hi there!

thanks for visiting the mostly-empty room now. Care to introduce yourself?

Your handle is interesting, as it evokes memories of one of my favorite books - THE DHARMA BUMS - by William Burroughs....

yes, vodka cruisers are yummy. Actually, it's not the drink per se that makes the beverage good or interesting. It is the company you drank it with that would make the drink memorable. Heck, you can even drink syoktong, but if you're drinking it with someone as lovely as the moonlight that peeks above the swaying palms over your head, you would remember it as one heck of a drink afterwards....

cheers!!!

introduce eh u know me already :P yeah yer right,i dont drink really but with raspberry ruiser plus the good company hayy swapak! wanna be my drinkin bud? :goatee:

Heck, you can even drink syoktong, but if you're drinking it with someone as lovely as the moonlight that peeks above the swaying palms over your head, you would remember it as one heck of a drink afterwards....

cheers!!!

Youre right there. Even if youre drinking the fanciest wine, but if youre just in some corner street waiting for 5 guys to finish washing your car, the wine goes to waste.

I've been limiting my budget for everyday drinking wine at less than P300 hahahaha so what I get are all these creepy Aussie critters and creepers and what-have-you....

Then you should try the Spanish Gate; dry red. Nothing gets cheaper than that. :lol:

still here pare.... just lurking!!!!

nothing interesting to drink that's why!

i've been more of a SMB Pale Pilsen drinker and oolong/ume shochu drinker these past months.

i got a pair of pinot noirs from an american who was looking for outsource/offshore design activities here. they're in my fridge mellowing.

i recently bumped into Lipstick here in our office building. she was visiting a client.

we should all get together with pareng storm and the rest of the winos.