• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Try out Paul Masson Red Wine.

It's good not only for drinking, but for cooking as well.

Lalo na pag gagamitin mong cooking liquid sa Braised Beef. :thumbsupsmiley:

Mas mura at masarap daw ang Carlo Rossi, pero hindi ko pa natitikman yun.

A case of a terrible hangover.... or you must be kidding!!!!!

Had a good laugh with the posts.

I like the Paul Masson bottle though. Magandang lagayan ng orange juice sa ref or fridge. Now I use white wine bottles for our drinking water inside the fridge. Mint leaves na lang ang kulang. :hypocritesmiley:

Cheers!

When is our EB?

I could be around, but my problem would be how to get out of California if ever I introduce that entry. It is a great possibility that Southern-style lynch mobs might resurface in sunny California :upside:

Tasted some new cheap wines over the weekend - Jackaroo from Oz and Casa Cervantes from Spain.

I'd say that Jackaroo should be pulled out of the endangered species list and be allowed to suffer some natural extinction while with the Casa Cervantes, I think it would be more fun and exciting running with the bulls in Pamplona than drinking that bottle. :sick:

Sounds like you've had a number of good candidates for the annual fete! :boo: No worries about that lynch mob......I'll keep them at bay and guarantee you safe passage. Just for night, of course! :evil:

My wife found some old Diamond Grove zins hiding in the closet - they've been there a few years now. Part of my last (and first!) foray into buying wines at fire-sales prices. $20 a case for that stuff. Not bad at the time, but I wonder what it's like now??? Guess we'll find out in July!

Let me know if you'll be around, Pareng Bods aka Roberto Parker. It will be great to see you and have you join the fun. Will you be traveling incognito or with your entourage?

Sounds like you've had a number of good candidates for the annual fete! :boo: No worries about that lynch mob......I'll keep them at bay and guarantee you safe passage. Just for night, of course! :evil:

My wife found some old Diamond Grove zins hiding in the closet - they've been there a few years now. Part of my last (and first!) foray into buying wines at fire-sales prices. $20 a case for that stuff. Not bad at the time, but I wonder what it's like now??? Guess we'll find out in July!

Let me know if you'll be around, Pareng Bods aka Roberto Parker. It will be great to see you and have you join the fun. Will you be traveling incognito or with your entourage?

what entourage are you talking about - if you mean those pesky critters that have been following me around and giving me DAILY bad wine fetes - no hehehehe...so you have actually confirmed there are lynch mobs there - your annual Bad Wine fete must be really that bad! :hypocritesmiley: Ok will inform you if I can make it - and yes I will travel incognito maybe disguised as a Korean sake salesman hehehe....

Being a connossieur (did I get that spelling right? Thes bad wines sure seep quick through my brain cells) of cheap bad wines, I got this Chilean called Manta. Supposed to have some wine night with my business partners (I always give them suspect wines) but this did not push through so this bottle now haunts my cabinet like some dark gremlin, waiting to be opened to unleash whatever nightmare it contains. Tasting notes to follow hehehe...

i love wine! epecially red wine :thumbsupsmiley:

welcome to the thread!

care to share your wine experiences with us?

The Manta showed a lot of promise the first day I opened it. Good mouthfeel, not thin like the previous bad wine candidates I've had, with some modest finish. The second day however saw it revert back to form - it lost that jammy mouthfeel and the finish thinned out further more. Sayang...

Was disappointed concerning wines on my last trip to Manila which was a week and a half ago, so now I ask: where are the best places to buy wines in M.Manila and Cebu that have a good selection? Thanks! <_<

Bacchus at Shangrila, Makati; Wine Depot in Ortigas and Makati; Barolo at Serendra.

Santis at Forbes, Greenhills, Rockwell and Corinthian

Galileo Enoteca in Mandaluyong

I hope I got most places covered...

Supermarket -- is where, you don't buy wines.

Not always - I picked up a 2003 Hess Collection Mt. Veeder cab at my local Safeway. The one in Dublin, like the one near my, has pretty decent selections. Of course, they also have the swill that appeals to the unsuspecting, but if you take your time and pick carefully there are some gems there!

hello winos!! :)

agxo - belated happy bday to the missus.

i hate this weather :thumbsdownsmiley:

Hola igol! Thanks - will pass greetings on to her. You here now? Yeah, weather sucks. colder up your way than down here, at least by a few degrees. Perhaps wetter also?

Couple of wineries in Livermore are open this weekend in case you want to take alittle drive. Boaventura on Tesla Road/South Livermore Ave is ony open one weekend a month, and this is it! Les Chenes is having a food pairing to go with their Rhone-style wines. Shepherd's pie. Should be good! Hope the weather is decent for wine tasting.......

Bacchus at Shangrila, Makati; Wine Depot in Ortigas and Makati; Barolo at Serendra.

If I may add, there's Terry's and Premium Wine exchange, both of which are in Pasong Tamo Extension....

There's Terry's in Podium .... and another wine place at the Enterprise Center in Makati which I've heard of but never been to yet ....

and if you're ever near Clark Air Base in Pampanga, check out Yats Wine Cellars .... they specialize in rare and collectors' wines, mostly French from early 19th century onwards, including Premier Crus from the 2000 vintage :thumbsupsmiley: .... most of which they make available for wine tastings for a reasonable amount .... they also have a pretty good fine dining restaurant to boot...

As to the supermarkets ...... I got classified grand crus from rustan's back in 2003, including some from the great 2000 Bordeaux vintage which obviously they didn't have any inkling as to their real values coz I got most of them for less than 1K and the rest for less than 2K pesoses :) ..... also last Xmas season, Landmark at Trinoma was selling good Aussie wine brands and labels for less than Wine Depot's prices ..... that's why I don't count out the supermarkets just yet .... besides it gives me a reason to avoid just pushing the shopping cart around for the missus ;)

Hola igol! Thanks - will pass greetings on to her. You here now? Yeah, weather sucks. colder up your way than down here, at least by a few degrees. Perhaps wetter also?

Couple of wineries in Livermore are open this weekend in case you want to take alittle drive. Boaventura on Tesla Road/South Livermore Ave is ony open one weekend a month, and this is it! Les Chenes is having a food pairing to go with their Rhone-style wines. Shepherd's pie. Should be good! Hope the weather is decent for wine tasting.......

thanks for the heads up! i just might take a drive tomorrow. :)

Adding Brumms Quality Wines for their amazing German rieslings. (#5 Julieta Circle, Horseshoe Village, QC)