• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The 19 August EB at Storm's place was a great event. I am grateful to Storm for the invite. And I am glad that I went.

I was only just able to grasp the extent of Storm's creativity during the EB, and Mrs Storm's graciousness.

Masi and Mrs Masi (Liberty) I think it was inevitable that we would run into each other sooner or later given the people we do business with.

And Agxo, you are the renaissance man's renaissance man. You can charge tickets for a fireside chat.

And of course the wines were discoveries in themselves but he conversation added immensely to their enjoyment.

The 19 August EB at Storm's place was a great event. I am grateful to Storm for the invite. And I am glad that I went.

I was only just able to grasp the extent of Storm's creativity during the EB, and Mrs Storm's graciousness.

Masi and Mrs Masi (Liberty) I think it was inevitable that we would run into each other sooner or later given the people we do business with.

And Agxo, you are the renaissance man's renaissance man. You can charge tickets for a fireside chat.

And of course the wines were discoveries in themselves but he conversation added immensely to their enjoyment.

Truly another great EB!!! Thanks for the hospitality, Storm and Mrs. Storm! Masi and Liberty - thanks for the ride back to the hotel! And thanks for bringing the bubbly! It was great!

I'm glad the Retzlaff got good when it cooled down a bit.....I was worried there for a minute! My reputation was at stake!

Enjoy the shoju for me.....I think if we'd opened that I would've been hurtuing this morning! ;)

Boomouse - it was great meeting you. I definitely need to spend more time with you guys here - the opportunities here seemto be endless!

Masi - talk to your Japanese partner about the conversation we had last night. It's not going to be hard to get your engineers to the right level, it's just a matter of outlook, philosphy and confidence. Ahort consulting gig here with your team will be the perfect excuse for me to visit and bring yet another bottle from my collection!

Boomouse, the pleasure was ours as well! Until our next EB! Balducci, anyone?! :blush:

Truly another great EB!!! Thanks for the hospitality, Storm and Mrs. Storm! Masi and Liberty - thanks for the ride back to the hotel! And thanks for bringing the bubbly! It was great!

I'm glad the Retzlaff got good when it cooled down a bit.....I was worried there for a minute! My reputation was at stake!

Enjoy the shoju for me.....I think if we'd opened that I would've been hurtuing this morning! ;)

Boomouse - it was great meeting you. I definitely need to spend more time with you guys here - the opportunities here seemto be endless!

Masi - talk to your Japanese partner about the conversation we had last night. It's not going to be hard to get your engineers to the right level, it's just a matter of outlook, philosphy and confidence. Ahort consulting gig here with your team will be the perfect excuse for me to visit and bring yet another bottle from my collection!

Agxo, it's been a long time!!! Glad that you made the trip and brought the sun with you! I was certain that the Retzlaff was good and just needed some settling and cooling down. It was again a great experience just like the Coppola. I hope that you could bring more of your stash. :thumbsupsmiley:

My apologies to agxo, storm and masi for not making it last night. The gods of Availability were not wih me all the previous days. I am heartened that everyone had a blast. If anything I was with everyone in spirit last night...Cheers!

Pareng Bods, we missed you last night :hypocritesmiley: or rather here's what you missed: :unsure:

First Bottle - Charles Heidsieck Champagne. This was one of the bottles which Agxo brought a few years ago but never got to open. This bottle was simply "heavenly".

Second Bottle - Red Belly Black 2002 Shiraz. I've been keeping this bottle for you!!!!! This was a truly different shiraz with its white peppery spice, ripe red cherries, dark plums and rounded tannins.

Third Bottle - Retzlaff 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon, R. Taylor Winemaker. Just as in any of Agxo's special collection, this was elegant!

Fourth Bottle - The label just skips me. Boomouse, perhaps you could refresh it for me. But I know it was a 2006 Cabernet Merlot. Very fruity and floral.

Fifth Bottle - Pare, if you think I'm still sober to remember :boo: , baka mapahanga kita!!!! All I can recall was that it was a French Merlot.

Storm and Mrs. Storm, Liberty and I would like to express our MANY MANY THANKS for your warm and generous hospitality! :thumbsupsmiley: Storm's new pieces confirmed my suspicion that he's already a cut above the rest of the brass sculptors!

Edited by masi
Fourth Bottle - The label just skips me. Boomouse, perhaps you could refresh it for me. But I know it was a 2006 Cabernet Merlot. Very fruity and floral.

Fifth Bottle - Pare, if you think I'm still sober to remember :boo: , baka mapahanga kita!!!! All I can recall was that it was a French Merlot.

Storm and Mrs. Storm, Liberty and I would like to express our MANY MANY THANKS for your warm and generous hospitality! :thumbsupsmiley: Storm's new pieces confirmed my suspicion that he's alright a cut above the rest of the brass sculptors!

It was a Long Flat Cabernet Merlot.

My apologies to agxo, storm and masi for not making it last night. The gods of Availability were not wih me all the previous days. I am heartened that everyone had a blast. If anything I was with everyone in spirit last night...Cheers!

Too bad!!! We missed you there, but we did have a good time. The champagne was great, and the Retzlaff ended up being quite good, althoug it started out a bit rough! I was worried about it at first, but Masi had the right idea - cool it down a bit!

You missed some good wine overall - and a great conversation that ranged all over the place - from photography to digital technology to wine to .....you name it, someone there commented on it at one point or another!

We also missed Ms. Lips - anyone know where she is?

Pareng Bods, we missed you last night :hypocritesmiley: or rather here's what you missed: :unsure:

First Bottle - Charles Heidsieck Champagne. This was one of the bottles which Agxo brought a few years ago but never got to open. This bottle was simply "heavenly".

Second Bottle - Red Belly Black 2002 Shiraz. I've been keeping this bottle for you!!!!! This was a truly different shiraz with its white peppery spice, ripe red cherries, dark plums and rounded tannins.

Third Bottle - Retzlaff 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon, R. Taylor Winemaker. Just as in any of Agxo's special collection, this was elegant!

Storm and Mrs. Storm, Liberty and I would like to express our MANY MANY THANKS for your warm and generous hospitality! :thumbsupsmiley: Storm's new pieces confirmed my suspicion that he's already a cut above the rest of the brass sculptors!

Has it been that long, pare? Now we're talking years instead of months. In fact I've totally forgotten about that Heidsieck and that Red Belly, two wines who have been apparently cooling their heels in that great abode of yours, waiting for the familiar faces to show up. Oh well, the Heidsieck and the Retzlaff you had will continue to haunt me for a long time. The Red Belly - I actually could not wait anymore - I bought a botttle of that some months back and my impressions are a mirror image of yours. Glad to know you're going around again, pare. Nothing beats having some excellent fruits of the vine in the company of great friends.

Too bad!!! We missed you there, but we did have a good time. The champagne was great, and the Retzlaff ended up being quite good, althoug it started out a bit rough! I was worried about it at first, but Masi had the right idea - cool it down a bit!

You missed some good wine overall - and a great conversation that ranged all over the place - from photography to digital technology to wine to .....you name it, someone there commented on it at one point or another!

We also missed Ms. Lips - anyone know where she is?

Now I'm intrigued by that to followed by three dots hehehe but judging from our previous gatherings I sure missed a lot...thanks pare. I missed the gang, too....

It's been a great weekend topped by a great EB.

I was all red as usual. Hehehe.

We're very much delighted to see again maestro Agxo and his nephew (he's big, bro), Boomouse (thanks pare for the shoju), Masi and Liberty (after more than a year I guess). We finished 5 bottles and we had some well spent 6 hours.

Pareng Bods, we really missed you that we should meet again at Balducci (paging pareng Boomouse) this week with the rest of the posters. Hope to see you again idunno and lipstick.

Have a safe trip pareng agxo and thanks for dropping by at Hiraya yesterday.

We're very much delighted to see again maestro Agxo and his nephew (he's big, bro), Boomouse (thanks pare for the shoju), Masi and Liberty (after more than a year I guess). We finished 5 bottles and we had some well spent 6 hours.

Pareng Bods, we really missed you that we should meet again at Balducci (paging pareng Boomouse) this week with the rest of the posters. Hope to see you again idunno and lipstick.

Wow, you guys sure had a great time! Nothing beats sharing of good wines with good company! Sayang, I wasn't able to go!

Nothing has changed ha hehehe. Sayang talaga. I was planning to follow, knowing that time flies during these winegabs and before you know it - it's a new day hehehe. But I was wasted na from too much beer at that family reunion that I decided not to. Miss all those wines.....