• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

See you on Thursday at Hiraya Gallery.

We'll be there early before the opening which is at 6 pm.

Hiraya Gallery is located at 530 U.N. Avenue, Ermita, Manila.

Pareng storm, congrats with the exhibit. Hope you get sold out so we can celebrate with wine!!!

I checked out Gaster's Deli and Resto in 6750 over the weekend. They have a decent wine selection. Nothing spectacular but a couple of Jané Ventura (from Spain) selections caught my eye. What is good here is they charge you only 10% service charge for opening a bottle of wine. They also have a couple of deli items to go with your wine. Instead of wine, I opted for some German wheat beers and Irish dark ale.

Desptie doctor's orders, I had the pleasure of savoring a South African red - A Brampton 2004 OVR from a blend of Cab Sauv, Merlot and Shiraz. Though young, it was a drink now wine. Very long legs, deep purple color, dark berries aroma. Strong taste of licorice, strong tannins (quite bitter!) with hints of pepper. Very good wine!

Sayang you were not able to drop by Manila. My next show will be either September or October. Have a safe trip.

I'm going to miss the end of your show, Storm! :wacko:

BUT - my travel was approved so I will be making reservations. :cool: Current plan is to stop by Manila before my meetings in China. So, I go from SFO to Manila then on to HK where I take off into China. My meeting start Aug 27 so I will liklely be in Manila the Friday before (Aug 24) and leave Sunday (Aug 26). A bit of family business to attend to mid-day saturday but other than that I think I'm flexible. Storm, Lips, Bods, Masi - I leave it to you to make the plans, okay? Just let me know where, what time and what day (Friday or Saturday), and I'll be there. I plan to take a box for my nephew so I'll pack a bottle for us while I'm at it!

i'm a leisure drinker of wine, not much of a connoisseure. a good friendof mine gave me a chilean wine --- Montes Alpas, i liked it very much. i also tried the Montes Alpas M, i was told this much more expensive.

Wow, Montes Alpha M is their top wine and very expensive at P5000+. You are very lucky to have a friend like that! :thumbsupsmiley:

What is "pasabache" Senyora? I've been out of circulation for so long that I could hardly differentiate alcohol and work!!! :blink:

Oh it's just this brand of turkish glassware that has the most irritating ad over at ETC channel and I have sworn sa inis na bibili ako ng isang pasabace na baso :lol:

Ms. Lips! Absatively! I have been plotting a return to Manila these past few months and if I can get my next round of travel approved, I will defintely be dropping by. Right now its looking like around the end of August. If I can, I will bring a bottle or three.

:lol: I really like the part about bringing a bottle or three ..... ha ha ha parang pass go and get out of jail for free sa monopoly. Anyway, let's let's let's please all catch up when you are in town. My place is still up for grabs should you guys want to have it here. :)

I missed you guys. Those who came were mostly friends and fellow artists. Some friends didn't make it also but promised to drop by next week. Please let me know by text when are you planning to drop by so we'll also be there. The gallery closes at 5pm. We're planning to have a closing party on the last day of the show (August 18).

Will try to go before the show ends. Next week is a bit harrowing as am nervously following the verdict of a certain trial. :lol:

I doubt anybody trapped in a wine cellar would ever want to come out...but that's just speaking for myself :upside:

:P So bods, who have you been trapped with in the cellar lately? :lol:

floppydrive! Haven't seen you in the thread for ages, hope all is well with you. :)

Ola ola ola to all the visitors of the thread. Thanks for sharing your tasting notes, I will definitely try and hook up with those bottles :lol: I haven't had any recent wine adventure but I remember this decent drop I had some months ago and the what a beaut for under 400pesoses!! Check out Angove's Butterfly Ridge Spaetlese Lexia. It is sweet, crisp, and quite fruity-flirty which makes it really easy to drink and leaves the palate feeling sweetly clean. ;)

floppydrive! Haven't seen you in the thread for ages, hope all is well with you. :)

Hi Mizz Lipstick!

I've been lurking only as I have not much to say. On doctor's orders to stay away from alcoholic drinks. But this may only be a temporary thing. Just have to do some homework on why, after drinking just 3 glasses of wine, does my liver behave like I have to be confined to the hospital. So until then, I can only cook with wine. :thumbsupsmiley:

Cheers guys!

Oo nga, when na nga ba? Paging master bods.

One thing for sure, if Agxo comes to Manila on the 19th, then we'll have an eb.

There's no master here, pare. There's only one master here and it's always corked, or screwed oooopsss somehow that didn't come out right hehehe...

All go tayo pag natuloy si aggxo, but I thought it was on the 24th? Idunno - sama ka na din dun....Di na kami natuloy sa show mo ah. But sbm and me are planning to be there this week before the show ends. Medyo dicey nga lang kasi sbm has work and the gallery closes at 5pm but we'll see....

Edited by bods1000
:P So bods, who have you been trapped with in the cellar lately? :lol:

as always I've been trapped here with these funky-smelling kangaroos and some other critters and marsupials I don't know the names of :lol: Won't complain though if I would share space with a Screaming Eagle - kahit Moaning Willow lang pwede na, if there is such a thing :boo:

There's no master here, pare. There's only one master here and it's always corked, or screwed oooopsss somehow that didn't come out right hehehe...

All go tayo pag natuloy si aggxo, but I thought it was on the 24th? Idunno - sama ka na din dun....Di na kami natuloy sa show mo ah. But sbm and me are planning to be there this week before the show ends. Medyo dicey nga lang kasi sbm has work and the gallery closes at 5pm but we'll see....

It's the 19th!!! I get in around 1130 am, and have to go hook up with my nephew. Then some other stuff but I think dinner's wide open. You guys up for an EB on a Sunday night? I leave Tuesday morning for Taiwan so a Monday night EB would work just as well. What do you guys suggest?