i'm a leisure drinker of wine, not much of a connoisseure. a good friendof mine gave me a chilean wine --- Montes Alpas, i liked it very much. i also tried the Montes Alpas M, i was told this much more expensive.

Wow, Montes Alpha M is their top wine and very expensive at P5000+. You are very lucky to have a friend like that! :thumbsupsmiley:

What is "pasabache" Senyora? I've been out of circulation for so long that I could hardly differentiate alcohol and work!!! :blink:

Oh it's just this brand of turkish glassware that has the most irritating ad over at ETC channel and I have sworn sa inis na bibili ako ng isang pasabace na baso :lol:

Ms. Lips! Absatively! I have been plotting a return to Manila these past few months and if I can get my next round of travel approved, I will defintely be dropping by. Right now its looking like around the end of August. If I can, I will bring a bottle or three.

:lol: I really like the part about bringing a bottle or three ..... ha ha ha parang pass go and get out of jail for free sa monopoly. Anyway, let's let's let's please all catch up when you are in town. My place is still up for grabs should you guys want to have it here. :)

I missed you guys. Those who came were mostly friends and fellow artists. Some friends didn't make it also but promised to drop by next week. Please let me know by text when are you planning to drop by so we'll also be there. The gallery closes at 5pm. We're planning to have a closing party on the last day of the show (August 18).

Will try to go before the show ends. Next week is a bit harrowing as am nervously following the verdict of a certain trial. :lol:

I doubt anybody trapped in a wine cellar would ever want to come out...but that's just speaking for myself :upside:

:P So bods, who have you been trapped with in the cellar lately? :lol:

floppydrive! Haven't seen you in the thread for ages, hope all is well with you. :)

Ola ola ola to all the visitors of the thread. Thanks for sharing your tasting notes, I will definitely try and hook up with those bottles :lol: I haven't had any recent wine adventure but I remember this decent drop I had some months ago and the what a beaut for under 400pesoses!! Check out Angove's Butterfly Ridge Spaetlese Lexia. It is sweet, crisp, and quite fruity-flirty which makes it really easy to drink and leaves the palate feeling sweetly clean. ;)

floppydrive! Haven't seen you in the thread for ages, hope all is well with you. :)

Hi Mizz Lipstick!

I've been lurking only as I have not much to say. On doctor's orders to stay away from alcoholic drinks. But this may only be a temporary thing. Just have to do some homework on why, after drinking just 3 glasses of wine, does my liver behave like I have to be confined to the hospital. So until then, I can only cook with wine. :thumbsupsmiley:

Cheers guys!

Oo nga, when na nga ba? Paging master bods.

One thing for sure, if Agxo comes to Manila on the 19th, then we'll have an eb.

There's no master here, pare. There's only one master here and it's always corked, or screwed oooopsss somehow that didn't come out right hehehe...

All go tayo pag natuloy si aggxo, but I thought it was on the 24th? Idunno - sama ka na din dun....Di na kami natuloy sa show mo ah. But sbm and me are planning to be there this week before the show ends. Medyo dicey nga lang kasi sbm has work and the gallery closes at 5pm but we'll see....

Edited by bods1000
:P So bods, who have you been trapped with in the cellar lately? :lol:

as always I've been trapped here with these funky-smelling kangaroos and some other critters and marsupials I don't know the names of :lol: Won't complain though if I would share space with a Screaming Eagle - kahit Moaning Willow lang pwede na, if there is such a thing :boo:

There's no master here, pare. There's only one master here and it's always corked, or screwed oooopsss somehow that didn't come out right hehehe...

All go tayo pag natuloy si aggxo, but I thought it was on the 24th? Idunno - sama ka na din dun....Di na kami natuloy sa show mo ah. But sbm and me are planning to be there this week before the show ends. Medyo dicey nga lang kasi sbm has work and the gallery closes at 5pm but we'll see....

It's the 19th!!! I get in around 1130 am, and have to go hook up with my nephew. Then some other stuff but I think dinner's wide open. You guys up for an EB on a Sunday night? I leave Tuesday morning for Taiwan so a Monday night EB would work just as well. What do you guys suggest?

Please check images of my exhibit at the Hiraya gallery website. http://www.hiraya.com/exhibits/brass/default.asp

Warm regards to all.

I'll be at Hiraya on Wednesday from 10am until matapos yung interview, on Saturday morning for the shutterbugs eb and next Monday (Aug 20) which is a holiday for merienda so pwede pang humabol si Agxo. We can have the wine eb on Sunday night, Aug 19.

20th is a holiday? What holiday?? And why does my nephew still have school that day?? Merienda on Monday is definite possibility. Need to hear from my cousin about Monday then we'll be set to go! Still planning to bring a bottle but (unfortunately!) not 3!

Opened a 98 Retzlaff cab for dinner Saturday and finished it off yesterday. It's getting better and better.......

Picked up a cab from a place called Boaventura in Livermore. They're only open one weekend a month so you gotta call ahead to check! We got lucky, and they were open. They have two small (about 2 acres each) vineyard of cab - one on a flat, with rich red soil, and one on a slope with the same red soil but a LOT of rocks. The two vineyards are only 50 yards apart at the closest. So - same grape, same winemaker, same vintage, 50 yards apart - and what a difference the soil makes!!! What a vivid example of "terroir"! You can taste, see, smell the difference between the two. The wine from the flat is lush, almost floral, and rich. The wine from the slope is austere, with a much tighter nose and heartier tannins with the big structure to go with it. Both are great, and I am hard pressed to pcik a favorite. I bought a bottle of the blend of the two - the perfect compromise.

Edited by agxo3
Please check images of my exhibit at the Hiraya gallery website. http://www.hiraya.com/exhibits/brass/default.asp

Warm regards to all.

I'll be at Hiraya on Wednesday from 10am until matapos yung interview, on Saturday morning for the shutterbugs eb and next Monday (Aug 20) which is a holiday for merienda so pwede pang humabol si Agxo. We can have the wine eb on Sunday night, Aug 19.

Great pieces, Storm!!!!

The "Takipsilim" piece, is it really black? Is this painted over or "flame brushed"?

20th is a holiday? What holiday?? And why does my nephew still have school that day?? Merienda on Monday is definite possibility. Need to hear from my cousin about Monday then we'll be set to go! Still planning to bring a bottle but (unfortunately!) not 3! ....

I still have the bottle of bubbly you brought over a few years back. It's been lying on its side on the bottom shelf of my ref since!!!!. Talk about "cellaring"?!!!

20th is a holiday? What holiday?? And why does my nephew still have school that day?? Merienda on Monday is definite possibility. Need to hear from my cousin about Monday then we'll be set to go! Still planning to bring a bottle but (unfortunately!) not 3!

Ninoy's death anniversary. So Monday's merienda at Hiraya is definite. How about the wine eb on Sunday evening?

Great pieces, Storm!!!!

The "Takipsilim" piece, is it really black? Is this painted over or "flame brushed"?

I still have the bottle of bubbly you brought over a few years back. It's been lying on its side on the bottom shelf of my ref since!!!!. Talk about "cellaring"?!!!

Thanks Masi. The takip-silim is flamed, painted over and sanded. Hehehe.

The actual pieces look a lot better than the images.

Ninoy's death anniversary. So Monday's merienda at Hiraya is definite. How about the wine eb on Sunday evening?

Thanks Masi. The takip-silim is flamed, painted over and sanded. Hehehe.

The actual pieces look a lot better than the images.

I would think so too!!! :thumbsupsmiley: The pieces are very impressive!!!

Adds more depth to your artistry, Pare!!!!

Again, congratulations!!!

I still ahave the bottle of bubbly you brought over a few years back. It's been lying on its side on the bottom shelf of my ref since!!!!. Talk about "cellaring"?!!!

Hey Storm! Any chance I can see some of those pieces from your laest show? The Dancer STILL gets lots of looks and comments. Everyone who's seen her loves her! A great addition to my small collection of "local" artists. Sometime in the distant future, when you die, this piese will be worth a fortune!

And now to less morbid topics - yes EB on Sunday! As far as I'm concerned, it's a go! what time? Can i ask you all - Lips, Bods, masi, Storm, and whoever else willbe joining us - please coordinae thorugh Storm and i will call him and Masi (or Bods, or all of the baove) when I get there to see what time, where, etc. Ok? Ms. Lips, is your patio still availble for this gathering?

Hey Storm! Any chance I can see some of those pieces from your laest show? The Dancer STILL gets lots of looks and comments. Everyone who's seen her loves her! A great addition to my small collection of "local" artists. Sometime in the distant future, when you die, this piese will be worth a fortune!

And now to less morbid topics - yes EB on Sunday! As far as I'm concerned, it's a go! what time? Can i ask you all - Lips, Bods, masi, Storm, and whoever else willbe joining us - please coordinae thorugh Storm and i will call him and Masi (or Bods, or all of the baove) when I get there to see what time, where, etc. Ok? Ms. Lips, is your patio still availble for this gathering?

Hahahaha. Matagal pa sana iyon para mas mapalaki pa ang body of works. The last day of the show is on Monday so pwede mo pa talagang makita yung show!

Kung hindi pwede kay Lips, pwede sa amin if it's okay with the other winos.

@masi

Thanks pare. Miss ka na namin. Send my regards to Liberty.

Hahahaha. Matagal pa sana iyon para mas mapalaki pa ang body of works. The last day of the show is on Monday so pwede mo pa talagang makita yung show!

Kung hindi pwede kay Lips, pwede sa amin if it's okay with the other winos.

@masi

Thanks pare. Miss ka na namin. Send my regards to Liberty.

Let's begin with the roll-call!!!

Agxo, Storm (and Mrs. Storm?), Masi (that's me!! and Liberty, hopefully!)...

Just add your name to this roster.

Venue: Storm's place if Lips' place is not available.

Time: ?

When: (I think Sunday night is alright since Monday is a holiday.)

Hope to see you guys/gals!

Peppercorn Lane 2002 Cabernet Merlot

Deep red to violet color; lively nose- floral, licorice and vanilla; Flavorful with hints of pepper, oak, caramel. Finish was short... quite disappointing really (but since I'm enjoying a glass of wine in the mid-day of work, I can't really complain!!!)

Let's begin with the roll-call!!!

Agxo, Storm (and Mrs. Storm?), Masi (that's me!! and Liberty, hopefully!)...

Just add your name to this roster.

Venue: Storm's place if Lips' place is not available.

Time: ?

When: (I think Sunday night is alright since Monday is a holiday.)

Hope to see you guys/gals!

Can we do Sunday night, please? My cousin (who I haven't seen in over 20 years) wants to have dinner on Monday! As an incentive, I will DEFINITELY be bringing at least one bottle of wine. If I can fit two in the box I will!!

Nice to that Masi and Storm can make it. Lips?? Your place? Bods where are you? Can you join us? Who lse can join us?

Edited by agxo3