pare can you elaborate on this - mukhang interesting hehehe....how did you go about it before?

pwede na din siguro kahit nude sessiions :rolleyes:

bods, sorry, late reply, hehehe. been out again, anyway, as i mentioned there are groups we can sort of sponsor. nude sessions maybe we can request, but we will be the one in charge in paying the subject. on a regular session, usual expenses for 15-25 artists, food & place plus cocktails, 30k or 40k. but you'd get at least minimum 5 paintings each kung tatlo tayo or more, it depends on the group.

Maybe they're drinking Novellino because .... they own the company making it?

Hats off to you guys for keping this thread lively! Been sober and dry for a while already.

thanks pare - dito na lang kami bumabawi as we've also been high and dry for quite some time too. Lots of ailments this rainy season - can't get the momentum to drink :D

It was 101 F this weekend in Fremont (38 C) and I chose this weekend to do some repair work around the house! Replaced some trim around the patio slider and the side garage door. Both of which involved some heavy lifting and moving stuff around. Not to mention all that hammering and drilling and.......no wine for ME this weekend! It was beer all the way ending with a nice, tall, frosty 22 oz. mug of Foster's last night. Aaaahhhhhhh..........now I'm sore all over and need some wine tonight to loosen up those tired muscles! :cool:

I think it would be an interesting challenge to had a giant bolle like a Nebuchadnezzar at a wine EB. How many winos do you think it would take to polish off one of those monsters?

I find that a lot of people who enjoy good food have no appreciation of wine and its role in a good dinner. So they buy what they know (or what someone with an unknown palette has recommended) and try to drink that with dinner. After all, it's the new thing, right? Wine and dinner! But then they complain that they can't see the mystery behind wine since they ddn't really enjoy it - they just pretended so it looks like they know what they're doing.

And for many, it's all about the alcohol, not about the taste. I have a good friend who has a pretty extensive cellar - about 40 cases at this point, who keeps trying to tell me that this latest $2 bottle he found is "good considering the price"! I retort that the wine is either good or it's not - even if it's free if it's bad it's bad.

I doubt that they "made the wine" - if they were indeed wine makers they'd know good wine from bad.

I'm quite sore too from having to wash the car every so often - hindi ako makabwelo sa inom. Now my throat is acting up again...Ilan ba yung Nebu - 20 bottles? We would need about 18 winos at the minimum, pare. I think that would be a great challenge - finishing off a Nebuchadnezzar - baka before we finish it the wine has aged completely :D But first, to look for a Nebu locally hehehe...

A complete mystery talaga, pare, and a misfortune - the reason why wine is not appreciated by more people is that they are not adventurous enough. People who can dine at Gloriamaris surely have the werewithal to afford more expensive stuff - well not really expensive, but they can have an enjoyable time with wines in the P500 range...Kung nakikiuso din lang naman sila , they should go all the way. That's how I started after all - nakiuso din lang but thanks to persistence and having like-minded friends like you guys in this forum - I'm having the time of my life...

bods, sorry, late reply, hehehe. been out again, anyway, as i mentioned there are groups we can sort of sponsor. nude sessions maybe we can request, but we will be the one in charge in paying the subject. on a regular session, usual expenses for 15-25 artists, food & place plus cocktails, 30k or 40k. but you'd get at least minimum 5 paintings each kung tatlo tayo or more, it depends on the group.

noted, pare, and thanks!

Medyo madugo din pala logistics nito :D

I hope you got agxo's PM, pare...

noted, pare, and thanks!

Medyo madugo din pala logistics nito :D

I hope you got agxo's PM, pare...

Actually, I completely spaced out and didn't include M. Spurt in the PM. A thousand apologies (and a few glasses on me when we finally meet! Bods, please forward to Spurt, please.......

Edited by agxo3
Tingin ko mauuna kang mag-blow-out pareng Bods! :P

Mas marami kang pages, hehehehe.

I can arrange a nude session if you like it guys. Hindi gaano kadugo. Promise :hypocritesmiley:

pare as you will notice, I'm slowing down here - para makahabol yung 70's thread mo :D

I'm down with a cold again - as a result of which, the bottle I opened last Tuesday is still there unfinished :angry:

Question: would it be good to have some wine even if you have stuffy noses? I heard brandy was good for that, or, this I learned from pareng masi - a little cigar hehehe

pare as you will notice, I'm slowing down here - para makahabol yung 70's thread mo :D

I'm down with a cold again - as a result of which, the bottle I opened last Tuesday is still there unfinished :angry:

Question: would it be good to have some wine even if you have stuffy noses? I heard brandy was good for that, or, this I learned from pareng masi - a little cigar hehehe

Okay lang na mauna ka bro, seniority pare. :)

If you have stuffy nose, drink lots of fluids and juices. Punta ka ng spa at mag steam, labas lahat ng sipon mo :P

To answer your question, Pareng Bods..... YES!!!!! I always believed that anyform of alcohol in your system will disinfect any virus or bacteria that may exist in it!!!

When I have a cold, I prefer sipping a stronger spirit like brandy or rum at room temperature. A Japanese friend taught me how to drink warm sho-cho with calamansi or plum. He said it's good for the immune system. He also taught me how to drink whiskey with warm water which has the same effect in boosting the immune system. Does it really work???? Well, I really don't know but I haven't had a cold. Well, a glass of any form of alcohol hasn't really missed my hands at least once a week.

Have a good week!!!

To answer your question, Pareng Bods..... YES!!!!! I always believed that anyform of alcohol in your system will disinfect any virus or bacteria that may exist in it!!!

When I have a cold, I prefer sipping a stronger spirit like brandy or rum at room temperature. A Japanese friend taught me how to drink warm sho-cho with calamansi or plum. He said it's good for the immune system. He also taught me how to drink whiskey with warm water which has the same effect in boosting the immune system. Does it really work???? Well, I really don't know but I haven't had a cold. Well, a glass of any form of alcohol hasn't really missed my hands at least once a week.

Have a good week!!!

you're quite right, pare. Maybe the reason why my cold persisted is that at the same time I stopped smoking I also refrained from drinking. I had since gone back to happily raising my nightly wine glass and boy - do I feel so much better!

Our chef also once told me that when he was suffering from a cold once, his Japanese boss told him to put an egg yolk into a just-boiled sake and drink it. Gumanda raw pakiramdam nya, but nowadays he just sticks to plain old gin or vodka - the clearer the better daw....

Okay lang na mauna ka bro, seniority pare. :)

If you have stuffy nose, drink lots of fluids and juices. Punta ka ng spa at mag steam, labas lahat ng sipon mo :P

Kala ko pare, the same year tayo graduate ng high-school? :P

what I did, pare nagpakulo ako ng tubig then I put a handful of salt then I inhaled the fumes - medyo nakagaan naman ng pakiramdam, although mas maganda sana kung wine and ibinuhos ko dun :P

Great Monday GUys!

Just finished a Stonehaven Merlot 2003 and a Torres Cab Sav 1999. I must say, the 1999 Torres was very smooth with a great finish. I'm hapily inebriated while typing this! Cheers to everyone!

Just a post script - My bp just went down from 140/100 to 120/80, thanks to the two bottles! Now that's good medicine!

congrats, pare! Magaling ka na din :cool:

I've also been telling my wife to take in some red wine because it's good for hypertension pero takot pa ding uminom...

Mga pare!

Lumagpas na naman pala yung anniversary ng Thread!

Two years na last July 24 - can anybody imagine a thread like this prospering for two years??!!

Well, malakas siguro talaga batak ng wine :P

Thanks to everybody who has kept this thread alive in one way or another - more power to all the winos out there!!!

cheers!

you're quite right, pare. Maybe the reason why my cold persisted is that at the same time I stopped smoking I also refrained from drinking. I had since gone back to happily raising my nightly wine glass and boy - do I feel so much better!

Our chef also once told me that when he was suffering from a cold once, his Japanese boss told him to put an egg yolk into a just-boiled sake and drink it. Gumanda raw pakiramdam nya, but nowadays he just sticks to plain old gin or vodka - the clearer the better daw....

Pare, one needs al ittle poison to be stronger. There is such as thing as "annihilation of the weak and the survival of the fittest!"

what I did, pare nagpakulo ako ng tubig then I put a handful of salt then I inhaled the fumes - medyo nakagaan naman ng pakiramdam, although mas maganda sana kung wine and ibinuhos ko dun :P

Pare, you should have done it! Nothing beats the smell of alcohol evaporating in a hot pan!!!! Truly heavenly!!!! Especially if you are deglazing a pan used for cooking lamb or steak!!!!

generally minors should not drink, but in France I read that 9-year old kids are already being given diluted wine during dinners by their parents :blink:

I agree! I have started my daughter, who is 10y.o. to sip wines. I make sure she has her own glass so she feels that she's not "salim-pusa" doing it. I help her discover wines by assisting her. I give her a run down of the color, smell, taste and finish. In my household, wine and food are serious business!!!!

Mga pare!

Two years na last July 24 - can anybody imagine a thread like this prospering for two years??!!

Thanks to everybody who has kept this thread alive in one way or another - more power to all the winos out there!!!

cheers!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Thanks to you pare, just like the acquaintances we developed, this thread is alive and well!!!!

Just a post script - My bp just went down from 140/100 to 120/80, thanks to the two bottles! Now that's good medicine!

:thumbsupsmiley:

Kala ko pare, the same year tayo graduate ng high-school? :P

Buti naman at magaling ka na. Mas bata naman ako kasi 1960 ako ipinanganak. :P

Mga pare!

cheers!

O ano, eb na tayo? Belated party!!! :cool:

Pare, one needs al ittle poison to be stronger. There is such as thing as "annihilation of the weak and the survival of the fittest!"

Pare, you should have done it! Nothing beats the smell of alcohol evaporating in a hot pan!!!! Truly heavenly!!!! Especially if you are deglazing a pan used for cooking lamb or steak!!!!

I agree! I have started my daughter, who is 10y.o. to sip wines. I make sure she has her own glass so she feels that she's not "salim-pusa" doing it. I help her discover wines by assisting her. I give her a run down of the color, smell, taste and finish. In my household, wine and food are serious business!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Thanks to you pare, just like the acquaintances we developed, this thread is alive and well!!!!

pare the way you're starting up your daughter this early, she might grow up to be the Jancis Robinson of the Philippines, or maybe the local Helen Turley if she gets serious enough :P

seems like we just cruised along, then two years na pala...thanks to all you guys!

:thumbsupsmiley:

Buti naman at magaling ka na. Mas bata naman ako kasi 1960 ako ipinanganak. :P

O ano, eb na tayo? Belated party!!! :cool:

hehehe oo nga - baka late bloomer lang ako :P kaya yung EB will be courtesy of you early-bloomer storm and your surging thread :P

pare the way you're starting up your daughter this early, she might grow up to be the Jancis Robinson of the Philippines, or maybe the local Helen Turley if she gets serious enough :P

seems like we just cruised along, then two years na pala...thanks to all you guys!

Two years! Wow.........congratulations all!

I took my family to France some years ago (must have been 14 years now!) and drove through Champagne, Burgundy and the Loire over a period of 3 weeks. that car must have known where every winery was! As we got close to one, it would slow down and as if it had amind of its own, it would turn into the driveway and stop! WEll, since I was there anyway, I decided I would taste the wines. My daughter was 14 that summer, but that didn't stop the winemakers from pouring her a glass just as they poured me one. Them and the restaurateurs....when I ordered wine, they would automatically bring her a glass too! (And my wife as well, though I drank HER wine! )

I remember one place we stopped along the road in Nuits St. Georges - a negociant had set up a wine cellar, shop and tasting room. He asked if i liked pinot noirs, and then proceeded to do a tasting of the past seven vintages. My daughter tasted right alongside me - and it was her wine conversion moment. We got to the wine that was 5 years old, and she looked at me with big, wide eyes and said - "So THAT's what wine is all about!" She's been a wine drinker since, and has never succumed to drinking a cheap wine just to get drunk. It's the good stuff or nothing for her!

Congrats again, Bods! May this thread live many more years! Like a fine red, it gets better with age!