• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Went to Pandy Aviado's opening at Crucible Gallery. The red wine was so light and a bit sweet, taste more like grape juice. :D

It's Spanish I guess.

The 2003 Cab Sauv (forgot the brand) served at the Lopez Museum opening last Thursday was a lot better. I drank about 3 glasses. I turned red. :blush: :P Great cocktails. :thumbsupsmiley:

Went to Pandy Aviado's opening at Crucible Gallery. The red wine was so light and a bit sweet, taste more like grape juice. :D

It's Spanish I guess.

The 2003 Cab Sauv (forgot the brand) served at the Lopez Museum opening last Thursday was a lot better. I drank about 3 glasses. I turned red. :blush:  :P Great cocktails. :thumbsupsmiley:

Turned red to honor the color of the wine? :cool:

Great that you guys are out tasting new stuff! I just wish I had the time and energy.........these days I fall back to my tried and true olf friends - Noah's and Niebaum-Coppola, Jessie's Grove and J.......

there's a proliferation of grocery-type Spanish wines here and most of them are really bad. The good ones are hard to find and they are mostly in specialty restos with hardly any advertisement. The distributors here of Spanish wines usually go for the cheap ones that can compete on grocery shelves with the more popular Aussie and California wines.

question, phylloxera is still existing in the old world wineries? like it reach the soil of calatan in late 1800's pa di ba? until now meron pa rin? there are other areas they'd say they have the ungrafted vines pero sobrang as in mahal ng prices. say, Bolliger is claiming ungrafted ung vines nila in a small area, to justify the price & the quality....?

right, pare! It's the very unpredictability of wine that makes it so appealing. When you indulge in something with a mind to having some room for error - buying and tasting different wines carries a stroke of luck with it - makes it all the more exciting :P

but people in the wine trade - doing business buying and selling wine - do sometimes have to suffer with all these technical and boring stuff in order to do business properly. I do hope pareng spurt is still sane and can still get to enjoy wine even after wading through all that technical stuff :D

hey, i totally agree, but for "taxes" sake, it's better to have an established technical description than let this guys from the BIR decide how much you pay, hehehe. and who gets bored if you have to taste every new variant so that you have the ways to decribed it to the buyer.

hey, i totally agree, but for "taxes" sake, it's better to have an established technical description than let this guys from the BIR decide how much you pay, hehehe. and who gets bored if you have to taste every new variant so that you have the ways to decribed it to the buyer.

pare I believe it would be better if we taste the wine together - mas maganda ang consensus opinion di ba? :D , and to hell with those guys from the BIR and the BFAD. :D

It's Spanish I guess.

The 2003 Cab Sauv (forgot the brand) served at the Lopez Museum opening last Thursday was a lot better. I drank about 3 glasses. I turned red. :blush:  :P Great cocktails. :thumbsupsmiley:

sayang yang Pandy Aviado opening na yan - i read about it in the papers, nakapunta sana but then again I would have had to bring a bottle of my own :P Why do they serve mainly bad wines at these exhibits? :evil: It doesn't do justice to the artists and their works...i don't know in the States - baka magaganda naman yung mga wines served at the art exhibits...

sayang yang Pandy Aviado opening na yan - i read about it in the papers, nakapunta sana but then again I would have had to bring a bottle of my own :P Why do they serve mainly bad wines at these exhibits? :evil:  It doesn't do justice to the artists and their works...i don't know in the States - baka magaganda naman yung mga wines served at the art exhibits...

mahirap na if they serve good wines, baka guys like us would go for the wines and not the art!!!! :lol:

Turned red to honor the color of the wine?  :cool:

Great that you guys are out tasting new stuff! I just wish I had the time and energy.........these days I fall back to my tried and true olf friends - Noah's and Niebaum-Coppola, Jessie's Grove and J.......

I agree! :thumbsupsmiley: Pinatigil ako ni Bing after my 4th glass. Although marami naman kaming wine colored face, including the Lopez patriarch. :blush: :D

sayang yang Pandy Aviado opening na yan - i read about it in the papers, nakapunta sana but then again I would have had to bring a bottle of my own :P Why do they serve mainly bad wines at these exhibits? :evil:  It doesn't do justice to the artists and their works...i don't know in the States - baka magaganda naman yung mga wines served at the art exhibits...

In some openings, the wines served are quite good like in Avellana, Blanc, Ayala and Lopez Museums, the CCP and Hiraya Art Gallery.

mahirap na if they serve good wines, baka guys like us would go for the wines and not the art!!!! :lol:

Marami namang ganun. :P

O kailan tayo magmeet ulit?

Some places serve good wine at the gallery events, like the gallery in Livermore (Studio 7). They serve Retzlaff and Fenestra wines at their openings. Others don't - and I really don't understand why. The wine should compliment and highlight the enjoyment of the art. If the wine is bad, then I spend all my time with a real sour look on my face and a bad disposition, which would make me less lilely to like a piece enough to buy it. OTOH, I've bought two pieces at Studio 7 so far! Is ther a correlation? Perhaps.....

guys, i think we can arrange a painting session for some group of artists, like the saturday group, i tried this once with some friends, pero hindi yung nude painting sessions, some nature subjects, got at least 4 paintings, one is from Abel Lucas. My suggestion, let's find a place or we can ask the artists kung ano trip nila i-paint. Tayo na bahala sa cocktails & food but of course, the wines. Watch & Wine.

Some places serve good wine at the gallery events, like the gallery in Livermore (Studio 7). They serve Retzlaff and Fenestra wines at their openings. Others don't - and I really don't understand why. The wine should compliment and highlight the enjoyment of the art. If the wine is bad, then I spend all my time with a real sour look on my face and a bad disposition, which would make me less lilely to like a piece enough to buy it. OTOH, I've bought two pieces at Studio 7 so far! Is ther a correlation? Perhaps.....

yes I guess that would be true - an unpleasant wine could influence your buying decision at such an affair, especially if you know your wines. For those not well-versed, I guess it wouldn't matter. But if you consider that art appreciation and wine appreciation can sometimes attract the same set of people, I guess it would be prudent for the gallery owner or whoever to make sure that some relatively good, albeit not too expensive, wine is served at such occasions...