Best Browser

Whats new in Firefox 1.0.1:

1. Improved stability

2. International Domain Names are now displayed as punycode. (To show International Domain Names in Unicode, set the "network.IDN_show_punycode" preference to false.)

3. Several security fixes as follows.

MFSA 2005-29 Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) homograph spoofing

MFSA 2005-28 Unsafe /tmp/plugtmp directory exploitable to erase user's files

MFSA 2005-27 Plugins can be used to load privileged content

MFSA 2005-26 Cross-site scripting by dropping java script: link on tab

MFSA 2005-25 Image drag and drop executable spoofing

MFSA 2005-24 HTTP auth prompt tab spoofing

MFSA 2005-23 Download dialog source spoofing

MFSA 2005-22 Download dialog spoofing using Content-Disposition header

MFSA 2005-21 Overwrite arbitrary files downloading .lnk twice

MFSA 2005-20 XSLT can include stylesheets from arbitrary hosts

MFSA 2005-19 Autocomplete data leak

MFSA 2005-18 Memory overwrite in string library

MFSA 2005-17 Install source spoofing with user:pass@host

MFSA 2005-16 Spoofing download and security dialogs with overlapping windows

MFSA 2005-15 Heap overflow possible in UTF8 to Unicode conversion

MFSA 2005-14 SSL "secure site" indicator spoofing

MFSA 2005-13 Window Injection Spoofing

The new Firefox autoupdate should be available around March 7th. Firefox 1.0 users who aren't experienced in handling profiles during the uninstall/reinstall process may want to wait. Autoupdate will install the 1.0.1 patch automatically and preserve all current settings, without the need to uninstall/reinstall The Autoupdate feature should already be set on, as it is the default setting for Firefox 1.0. You can check for proper settings through: TOOLS ... OPTIONS ... ADVANCED ... SOFTWARE UPDATES ... check the boxes for "Periodically Check for Updates" for Firefox and My Extensions/Themes. Another setting to check is TOOLS ... OPTIONS ... WEB FEATURES ... CHECK "allow site to install software"

If you dont want to wait for the auto-update, the updated release of Mozilla Firefox is avalible for download now from www.mozilla.org

You will need to uninstall you current version 1.0 and install the new version 1.0.1

Full details on performing a clean install can be found here

I'm using netscape 7.2 and opera.  I like netscape for the email interface.  Opera's tabbed browsing is nice as well as it's download manager but every once in a while the program freezes on me especially whe i have a lot of tabs open.  Does anyone else experience this?

yup, my opera does that too... even i try to update, especially happens pag marami ng elements o kaya may embedded video/sound(while viewing myspace custom pages) sa page... wala pa akong alam na remedy kung paano lusutan...

firefox for me!!!

Question lang po sa IE.. how do you block a user's access to certain sites other than the ones that you allow without having to install a web nanny?  Tsaka pano ba ma disable 'yung YM without uninstalling it?

You could try the Content Advisor found at Tools -> Internet Options -> Content. Also, you could modify your HOSTS file to block certain sites from being accessed. The locations for the HOSTS file are:

Win9X/ME: C:\WINDOWS

Win2k: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

WinXP: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

Find the file named HOSTS (no file extension) and add the site to be blocked.

e.g.

127.0.0.1 www.dontlikeme.com

127.0.0.1 www.ihatethissite.com

:headsetsmiley:

*by the way, I think this should have been posted in the Post for Help thread. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...