Math Problems!........share It Here!

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

guys,

im here in china. i just want to ask sana kung sino meron dyan alam or a way on how to compute for numbers.

reason is lotto here in china is just about 33 numbers compare to the normal of 42 numbers.

but may twist kse, the 33 numbers are called red balls while after the 6 number may tinatawag na magic number or blue number that is 1-16

curious lang ako since mas mataas ang probability to win here compare to sa pinas.

hope some may help me :D

thanks

• 9 months later...

We'll have a lot of dough if you can think of the largest PRIME number.

Sad to say there is no biggest number. Also, there is no largest PRIME number.

But you can join the race of searching the largest known prime number. For related discussion,

read about Mersene's prime. Price is 1M US dollar. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

this is how i do mental subtraction

when the last two digits of the minuend

is less than the last two digits

of the subtrahend.

i think most of us can figure out

from the top of our heads

any number subtracted from 100.

also easier to add the final two numbers.

post-254604-127643452476.jpg

Edited by IttoOgami
  • 2 months later...

The Magic Square

http://www.futilitycloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/2010-08-14-time-well-spent.jpg

The Journal of Recreational Mathematics published this remarkable magic square, composed by “a puzzlist who at the time was a prison inmate.”

The large 13 x 13 square is magic — that is, each row and column adds to the same sum — but so is each successive nested square, from 11 x 11 down to 3 x 3.

The magic constant of each square is 10,874 smaller than the last.

And every cell is prime.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Parlay bet or combo bet..use 7 consecutive win where 1 bet becomes 2 -4-8-16-32-64-128 then cash out the money.. An be applicable in playing roullette or baccarat.. Instead of betting 1:1 is not practical because we connot out guess the trend.. In short if your winning increase bet ..if your losing remain at 1 bet .. Parlay bet can always catch up to the loss of single bet.. Thats how i make my money in gambling.. Quota lang kayo.. Sabay alis na..

• 9 months later...

“No mathematician in the world would bother making these senseless distinctions: 2 1/2 is a "mixed number " while 5/2 is an "improper fraction." They're EQUAL for crying out loud. They are the exact same numbers and have the exact same properties. Who uses such words outside of fourth grade?”

― Paul Lockhart, A Mathematician's Lament: How School Cheats Us Out of Our Most Fascinating and Imaginative Art Form

That I agree, except the phrase "senseless distinctions". Every level has its own distinctions that need to be explained (and provide drills and exercises). They can be taught as early as second grade. Then again, it differs on the curriculum that any school has been instilling.

• 2 months later...

if any number raised to 0 is 1;

and 0 raised to any number is 0;

then what is 00 ?

It's still 1.

Now, before you ask me to explain, prove you're not stupid first and that you've done above ave math before (on other words, you would understand). Because the last thing I would want is to talk s@%t like these for free.

I'm more inclined to believe that you have better things to attend to than this--- like something that would, at the very least, make you a peso richer or something that would get you an inch closer to getting laid.

Now, if it will enrich your life to know from a drunk man, hit me with a PM.

But here's the idea: the sun shines prettier if 0^0 = 1 for math guys. Earning a living with numbers. No. I've yet to earn a cent knowing this. And no, it's not getting me laid.

Edited by ADAM
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...