Exit Lines

curian and simply miss

HI! Mejo nga messed up. At di lang yon when we date he still wants to hold my hand, hug me and kiss my hand. Or before bedtime he will call me just to say good night. What else, he will tell me where he is and what he is doing. And when i discuss other man, parang sumasama mukha! Parang ewan talaga! Oh men pakispread to your specie..if they want space..they better show me that that is what they want and not hold on to me like i am still a gf na ala nga lang karapatang magdemend.

naku sis,

may kilala akong ganyan!! parehong pareho...

i think nag-ego tripping lang mga guys na ganyan... u should move on na... sayang lang oras mo sa kanya!!!

sa palagay ko lang naman...

:)

The truth hurts, and being honest may set you up for rejection, which is actually how things should be, but people don't want that. People don't want their faults exposed, they don't want to be weighed. It makes them feel too vulnerable, I guess.

I actually encountered a situation wherein my girlfriend met a guy at work. They were both nurses in the States, and it's been nearly 2 years since I've actually seen her. I've made arrangements to visit her, but by some unfortunate coincidence, ALL my efforts to spend time alone with her came to naught. Events have a strange way of conspiring against you. The moment she started speaking glowingly about her suitor (she merely referred to him as a friend, part of a close-knit group of homesick Filipinos, but I sensed something deeper.) I knew she finally found someone who could make it tolerable to be away from me for so long. I allowed her to speak freely in our succeeding conversations, and was able to establish this. I did express my concerns early on, but after that, I thought it better to let things go, because complications would arise. Shall I expound on this? My prospects in the States aren't as good, although I did discuss this before she left for the States. I gave her the opportunity for a fresh start---a clean break, so to speak---so as not to burden her. She chose to keep our relationship, which, gave me mixed emotions. I knew that eventually, time and distance would take their toll, and since I still had no means to visit her until at least a year later, my days were numbered. I kept at it, though, in the hope that we'd be able to weather the situation. The moment she began speaking of a certain someone, however, I knew it was only a matter of time before feelings changed. She still says she loves me in spite of it all...right up until the time her suitor proposed. That was our moment of truth. She said that the guy's father called her up one day, congratulating them for the engagement(?) I know her well enough to say that she's the type who can never say "no" if it would hurt another person. They've spent a great deal of time together, and it came as no surprise that at some point, there was already an "understanding". Anyway, that was her dilemma. She wants to make everyone happy. Problem is, someone always ends up being left out. She cried on the phone, saying that she didn't really love him, only that she learned how lonely he was all his life, and that she somehow felt that she could make it all better. One thing led to another, and... Now, I know that her friends, relatives and family are aware of the situation. Some of them have actually met the guy, and approve of him (which is more than what I can say for what they thought of yours truly.) Be that as it may, she never wanted to break it off with me. I've seen all the signs, explained our prospects if we decided to pursue a life together, yet it wouldn't register to her. I had to take matters into my own hands, at this point. I broke it off. I could feel my stomach sink as I uttered those fateful words. Not verbatim, but close enough. It's been two years since they've been married, and what I gather from a chance encounter with her close friends, she is happy. That's what made all the hurt worth it. Loved her. Still do. But now, I can finally be at peace with that decision, at least.

This one made my night sad. Not because I feel for you Manticore, but I'd rather say, I empathize with your EX more. :unsure: I'm sorry. I know it's kinda ironic. But just like her, I am "the type who can never say "no" if it would hurt another person." And that "She wants to make everyone happy. Problem is, someone always ends up being left out."

But my story has not ended the way your ex's story did (primarily because, I am not HAPPILY married). I've been bad. I've been hurt a lot of times and I admit I have my share of hurting some of my partners too. All because I can't and don't want to hurt anybody for that matter even if "someone always ends up being left out." Those I have hurt are the ones who loved me truly but whom I have to let go because of several "selfish" reasons too.

I admire men like you....who happens to stand up for what should be done and not for what choice is there to make. You got hurt but there is no glimpse of pain in the way you related your story. Congrats bro! you're one man, who makes a "bad" lady like me realize "bad" things I did in the past and might to in the future! :hypocritesmiley: keep it up! the world needs you! :) :blush:

which is exactly true. this line is just a lame excuse to get out of the relationship.  :thumbsdownsmiley:

<_< i agree tapos dadagdagan pa ng hahanap kita ng friends tutulungan kita..parang hello ano ako inutil na walang mga kaibigan...pity is good pero it should be given in a proper place and time..mas lalo lng sumasakit sa taong tinatamaan...minsan try to be in the person's shoe's lets see how they would react...ive been there just makes me mad everytime i remember it...sensya na just voicing out my feelings...fish tyo :cool:

Minsan mas maganda pa kung prangka ang kausap.. Prangka pero di bastos, i mean, di ka na bobolahin or sasabihan ng pampalubag loob, I prefer telling me the truth kung di mo ko type.. Mapaguuspan naman lahat eh..:) at least di na ko manghuhula kung 22o nga ba ang alibi mo or "polite" ka lang masyado

That line is such a cop out... The guy who uses that line doesnt have enough balls to tell the truth so he uses that euphemism for... "I want out of this relationship, I have found someone else." <_<

Edited by Wyld
Guest globetrotter

others use this line so as not to hurt the opposing party that much.they want to be polite when breaking up a relationship that had gone sour.

honestly, i dont believe in such crap.just be honest.

<_< i agree tapos dadagdagan pa ng hahanap kita ng friends tutulungan kita..parang hello ano ako inutil na walang mga kaibigan...pity is good pero it should be given in a proper place and time..mas lalo lng sumasakit sa taong tinatamaan...minsan try to be in the person's shoe's lets see how they would react...ive been there just makes me mad everytime i remember it...sensya na just voicing out my feelings...fish tyo :cool:

as for me, if i say to a guy that "you're too good for me, and that you'll find someone better", I MEAN TO SAY "tell me what i want to hear, that I am the one for you and that you want all of me". The truth is, women fish for things they actually want to hear by saying words opposite of what they mean :wub:

as for me, if i say to a guy that "you're too good for me, and that you'll find someone better", I MEAN TO SAY "tell me what i want to hear, that I am the one for you and that you want all of me". The truth is, women fish for things they actually want to hear by saying words opposite of what they mean :wub:

as for me, if i say to a guy that "you're too good for me, and that you'll find someone better", I MEAN TO SAY "tell me what i want to hear, that I am the one for you and that you want all of me". The truth is, women fish for things they actually want to hear by saying words opposite of what they mean  :wub:

well... as "Hitch" says... "any man has the chance to sweep a woman off her feet. He just needs the right broom"... .:rolleyes:

in retrospect... guys should pick the words as to what they turly feel... and not just to impress their woman :cool: it's not just all talk... the body language must go naturally... :boo: but of course when you're wooing your woman, yo gotta speak to her as sincere as ya could...say what ya want...deep inside... not too much mushy... just just say it.. :cool:

well, doesnt work for everyone... but it's still worth the try....

For me, the BOY who utters these lines would either be

a - Totally insecure and scared, has nothing to show for himself and probably has issues as far as inadequacy (sexual or otherwise) is concerned,

or -

b - Is totally guilty of having an affair, another woman or a fling, and does not have the balls to own up to it.

Either way, when your man utters these lines to you, RUN. As fast as you can, in the opposite direction.

You will be far better off without this weakling.

This one made my night sad.  Not because I feel for you Manticore, but I'd rather say, I empathize with your EX more.  :unsure:   I'm sorry. I know it's kinda ironic.  But just like her, I am "the type who can never say "no" if it would hurt another person." And that "She wants to make everyone happy. Problem is, someone always ends up being left out."

But my story has not ended the way your ex's story did (primarily because, I am not HAPPILY married).  I've been bad.  I've been hurt a lot of times and I admit I have my share of hurting some of my partners too.  All because I can't and don't want to hurt anybody for that matter even if "someone always ends up being left out."  Those I have hurt are the ones who loved me truly but whom I have to let go because of several "selfish" reasons too.

I admire men like you....who happens to stand up for what should be done and not for what choice is there to make.   You got hurt but there is no glimpse of pain in the way you related your story. Congrats bro!  you're one man, who makes a "bad" lady like me realize "bad" things I did in the past and might to in the future!  :hypocritesmiley:   keep it up! the world needs you!  :)  :blush: 

When the situation is beyond repair, what is one to do? It's essentially out of my hands, because I only have control over my own choices.

The reason why I made that judgment call was that I was aware that she was in a crisis situation. All eyes were on her. It was one of those things where you're 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'. Knowing her well enough helped me to decide what was best for all. Had she chosen me, she'd lose face with most of the people who are near and dear to her, because of certain loyalties that were formed, especially when her engagement with the other guy was in the offing. She couldn't live with the fact that she'd be hurting my feelings by choosing him, though. She was paralyzed with bewilderment and was headed for a total meltdown. I had to step in and relieve her from the burden of that decision. She usually prays for a sign to point her in the right direction. It was up to me to set things straight, so I took it upon myself and ended our relationship in order to provide a graceful exit for her. She had it rough, being practically alone during our long distance affair. She sacrificed so much in order to pursue a better life in the States; I'd only be getting in the way.

She's a victim of circumstance, more than anything else. Being someone who gets along well with everyone and to enjoy being in a group isn't a crime; neither is having the uncanny ability to captivate anyone she meets. It's really sweet how she's unable to turn other people down, to be so eager to put them at ease. I adore the fact that she treats everyone nicely, without any reservation. It came as no surprise how not a few guys would work up the courage to court her, even when she's already in a relationship. That was the risk I willingly took when she went abroad. Someone was bound to find his way to her heart, eventually...homesickness, notwithstanding. Dilemmas of this sort could've scarred her for life. She needn't suffer the kind of pain this decision entailed.

Please do not feel that such choices make you a 'bad' person. You did what you had to do, and that's all there is to it. :)

Edited by Manticore
That line is such a cop out... The guy who uses that line doesnt have enough balls to tell the truth so he uses that euphemism for... "I want out of this relationship, I have found someone else." <_<

dapat kung may balls silang manligaw.. dapat may balls din sila na magsabi ng totoo! wala ng paligoy ligoy pa. no BS.. no kind words!

what if we look it in a man's point of view, coz women also put up this line to men, how then should a lady do such things as to what you ladies want a man with balls do. isn't it also applicable to ladies who keep their suitors or bf's in the hanging while they're promenading/romancing/flirting with other guys on the side? isn't this a little more nicer way of ending a relationship than saying nothing at all?

a - Totally insecure and scared, has nothing to show for himself and probably has issues as far as inadequacy (sexual or otherwise) is concerned,

or -

b - Is totally guilty of having an affair, another woman or a fling, and does not have the balls to own up to it. 

Either way, when your man utters these lines to you, RUN. As fast as you can, in the opposite direction.

well, i agree with you in this aspect. more often than not, it would fall to your letter "a" choice wherein a guy or a lady would feel or think that they cant reciprocate everything thats offered to by his/her partner or it maybe that they are so pessimistic to believe that someone as good as their partner can really be theirs hence the line "you're just too good to be true"!

as per your second choice (B), naturally all persons who commit mistakes and guilty enough to consider saving face or harakiri would look for the nicest and most subtle way of exiting a failed relationship. while it may be said that sometimes people want the truth in everything, sometimes people just cant handle the truth. so i'd say that in some instance, this kind of saving faces can actually do a little more damage control than laying the whole truth to the open hence the saying what you dont know wont hurt you.

or -

things is there are many boys out there who don't see it that way...

they believe in the saying "break it to me gently"...

to the point of believing that its actually a disservice to girls to be blunt and brutally honest...

things is there are many boys out there who don't see it that way...

they believe in the saying "break it to me gently"...

to the point of believing that its actually a disservice to girls to be blunt and brutally honest...

Couldnt help but react to this...

Thats the old double standard at work here... You men persist in treating women like fragile creatures... tryin to shield them from all this hurt...

YET... you actually go ahead and do these hurtful things anyway.... What gives...

Its like saying ... breaking the news gently to women takes away the hurtfulness of the news that you actually have to break... eg -- "I cheated on you hunny but because ill break it to you gently, it should hurt less."

It doesnt work that way. Often, it becomes easier for us to take if you guys just go right out and be blunt about things -- the more direct, the easier to accept...

I call this attitude a form of misguided chivalry ... ;)

Couldnt help but react to this...

Thats the old double standard at work here... You men persist in treating women like fragile creatures... tryin to shield them from all this hurt...

YET... you actually go ahead and do these hurtful things anyway.... What gives...

Its like saying ... breaking the news gently to women takes away the hurtfulness of the news that you actually have to break... eg -- "I cheated on you hunny but because ill break it to you gently, it should hurt less."

It doesnt work that way. Often, it becomes easier for us to take if you guys just go right out and be blunt about things -- the more direct, the easier to accept...

I call this attitude a form of misguided chivalry ... ;)

We'll just tell you directly, is that what you girls want?

"I don't love you anymore, let's break up, goodbye." :unsure: