Exit Lines

I'm on the other side of the coin.

I usually fall for men which I perceive to be better, much better than me.  So in most cases I recognize it as another case of unrequited love/admiration/desire.  Altho there are times that my generalities prove me wrong ^_^

IMHO, some times it doesn't help that a person percieves him/herself as the subordinate or the lesser partner in a relationship. In my case, I have a gf who is a year younger than me and most of the times I feel uncomfortable when she tries to act subordinate to me on my behalf-- that's a nice gesture.

But for me not to exploit that and to show her how much she means to me, i treat her equally just as i would treat a person of equal rank and standing. True love dictates that I place her in equal importance to my own needs and wants... and hopefully someday she'll be equally as important as my own life.

There is no such thing as having a love one to be too good for you. Most of the times this is a lack of self-confidence and assertiveness on one's part to treat oneself as equal to the other.

nabasa ko sa  book, gusto ng guys na  submissive ang mga babae.. para dating nila knight in shining armor sila... gusto nila yung feeling ng protector, teacher.. etc..

:thumbsdownsmiley: not always true. case to case basis only. strong women turn me on. ayoko sa mga weak. pero gusto ko no matter how strong they are willing sila magpa-alaga at mag pa baby sa akin

:thumbsdownsmiley:  not always true. case to case basis only. strong women turn me on. ayoko sa mga weak. pero gusto ko no matter how strong they are willing sila magpa-alaga at mag pa baby sa akin

bossing, sama kong sampu dyan...

strong women are real turn-ons, especially those who know who they are, what they have and what they can do...

they are so strong that they are willing to meet us halfway, and allow themselves to be pampered and taken cared of by us...

syempre, malaking difference ito with yung those na di naman talaga strong, either feeling dominante or feeling hard lang...

I'm on the other side of the coin.

I usually fall for men which I perceive to be better, much better than me.  So in most cases I recognize it as another case of unrequited love/admiration/desire.  Altho there are times that my generalities prove me wrong ^_^

when you say better, what do you mean? what are you looking at to conclude that they are better than you?

Hey thanks for the feedback people.

Your observations could be true.

When i say better, that means I perceive they have any or all these characteristics: They are smarter, more attuned to the ways of the world, more mature in their decisions, more attractive, occupy the higher positions (in the workplace), and generally those who are already worth their beans.

I have been surrounded by dominant, sensible, intelligent men and equally strong, highly opinionated women (it runs in my father's side of the family). Being in my early 20s and one of the youngest of the tribe, these domineering personalities have shaped my preferences, standards, and prejudices.

I have dealt with younger men, men the same as my age, and older men (three to ten years older). All have their good, redeeming qualities. I am actually looking for someone a little better than me, for democracy's sake. But if utopian ideals are concerned, men who are my mirror image (almost or same level as mine) are peppery but not tabasco hot. It might be instinctively evolutionary. An improvement of (my) race. Or just plain admiration for successful people.

When i say better, that means I perceive they have any or all these characteristics:  They are smarter, more attuned to the ways of the world, more mature in their decisions, more attractive, occupy the higher positions (in the workplace), and generally those who are already worth their beans.

I have been surrounded by dominant, sensible, intelligent men and equally strong, highly opinionated women (it runs in my father's side of the family).  Being in my early 20s and one of the youngest of the tribe, these domineering personalities have shaped my preferences, standards, and prejudices. 

I have dealt with younger men, men the same as my age, and older men (three to ten years older).  All have their good, redeeming qualities. I am actually looking for someone a little better than me, for democracy's sake.  But if utopian ideals are concerned, men who are my mirror image (almost or same level as mine) are peppery but not tabasco hot.  It might be instinctively evolutionary.  An improvement of (my) race.  Or just plain admiration for successful people.

hey! wonder of wonders! you have a way with words pala.

apparently, your growing up with these strong figures influenced you on your choices.

anyway, they say that what we look for in people are qualities that we hope to have for ourselves...

said another way, the person you are with complements you...

to take it further, we choose our partners because they make us look and feel good...

but whatever the reason is, what is important is the space where we, ourselves, are coming from...

to say that someone is better, is to accept that one is inferior..

now i don't think that's what you meant, as you said, it must be that these are admirable traits that you see and appreciate in others...

but to appreciate it in others is to see also that such things reside in us, albeit they may be dormant..

still, it is within, all it needs is a little nudge, a little nurturance, and voila... a perfect flower coming into full bloom...

kaya naman pag sinabi sa iyong "you're too good for me" -- alam mo na that it's a cop out...

and that the relationship is over....

hey! wonder of wonders! you have a way with words pala.

apparently, your growing up with these strong figures influenced you on your choices.

anyway, they say that what we look for in people are qualities that we hope to have for ourselves...

said another way, the person you are with complements you...

to take it further, we choose our partners because they make us look and feel good...

but whatever the reason is, what is important is the space where we, ourselves, are coming from...

to say that someone is better, is to accept that one is inferior..

now i don't think that's what you meant, as you said, it must be that these are admirable traits that you see and appreciate in others...

but to appreciate it in others is to see also that such things reside in us, albeit they may be dormant..

still, it is within, all it needs is a little nudge, a little nurturance, and voila... a perfect flower coming into full bloom...

kaya naman pag sinabi sa iyong "you're too good for me" -- alam mo na that it's a cop out...

Amen. Kampai!

bossing, sama kong sampu dyan...

strong women are real turn-ons, especially those who know who they are, what they have and what they can do...

they are so strong that they are willing to meet us halfway, and allow themselves to be pampered and taken cared of by us...

syempre, malaking difference ito with yung those na di naman talaga strong, either feeling dominante or feeling hard lang...

that's true. its nice to surround yourself with an assertive, confident girl who can be thre for you through thick or thin. Like they say, every successful man have a woman behind him.

When i say better, that means I perceive they have any or all these characteristics:  They are smarter, more attuned to the ways of the world, more mature in their decisions, more attractive, occupy the higher positions (in the workplace), and generally those who are already worth their beans.

I have been surrounded by dominant, sensible, intelligent men and equally strong, highly opinionated women (it runs in my father's side of the family).  Being in my early 20s and one of the youngest of the tribe, these domineering personalities have shaped my preferences, standards, and prejudices. 

I have dealt with younger men, men the same as my age, and older men (three to ten years older).  All have their good, redeeming qualities. I am actually looking for someone a little better than me, for democracy's sake.  But if utopian ideals are concerned, men who are my mirror image (almost or same level as mine) are peppery but not tabasco hot.  It might be instinctively evolutionary.  An improvement of (my) race.  Or just plain admiration for successful people.

its good to know you have specifically defined where you stand and what characteristrics are you looking for. In my humble opinion, success in terms of intelligence or career doesn't really equate to lifelong happiness, only financial health and security.

It might instinctive for you to go and hunt down the "better" man as you define it, but please don't expect the end result to be exactly what you wish for.

in the case of women, it is a natural thing to look for a superior man to nourish and take care of them for they are (once and before) considered the less dominant ones. strong women would naturaly seek for the ones who can bring them to their knees and be their knight in shining armor.

true... coz when someone says it, he/she had already accepted the fact that you are not fit for each other in one way or another and that incompatibility is too great to ever hold a peaceful or healthy relationship between the two of you.

Simple lang sa kin: "Ayoko na"... mas mahaba kse ang speech, mas mahirap baka mag-debate pa kayo.. less talk.. less mistake. ;)

Tska kung bobolahin mo pa kse, baka mas mahirapan pa sya mag-move on (kse aasa pa na gusto mo pa sya). Kaya ako.. simpleng "ayoko na" lang ang sinasabi ko. Pag pina-explain nya ko, sagot ko, basta "ayoko na" eh. :rolleyes: