What's Your Current Pc System ?

@cheesekeso

oh laganap yung ganun? Pano ba malalaman kung geniune AMD CPU na bibilhin ko?

Kainggit naman ng rig ng iba diyan, gusto ko na talaga idispatsa tong LGA775 na P4 ko. Badtrip.. Talo ako ata ng Athlon XP e ^_^.

Well, Conroe is about to be released :D So just stick with that mobo for now :D Oh yeah, LGA775 is faster than XP :D

Well, to be honest, the only way I think that would prove that yours is a bnew unit is to see if the box is sealed or not (Esp with bundled rigs :D) When they are assembling your pc, keep an eye on the items they're putting into your pc :D

I finally got my rig together yesterday. It has been a long time since I last assembled one (1999), and my PC's after that were outright bundled purchases. So I was a bit lost at the start.

Here are the essentials:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4200+

MSI K8N Diamond plus w/ Nforce 4 SLI x16

MSI SLI-Geforce 7900GT 256 MB

2GB DDR PC400

2 WD Caviar SE 16 - 250GB each 300MB/s 16MB cache 7200rpm in SATA-RAID 0

Asus DVD-RAM/ROM drive and burner

Creative X-Fi Platinum soundcard

Logitech Z-5450 5.1 speakers

Sennheiser PC-160 headset

Samsung 215tw 21" widescreen LCD

Cool Master Centurion ATX Mid tower case

Xion 600w SLI power supply

Logitech wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse

F.E.A.R. looks awesome at maxed out settings with 99% frame rates above 35, maximum frames at 85. Native resolution is 1680x1050. Same performance with Far Cry.

DVD playback is excellent and with THX surround.

Plus I hooked up my HDTV cable box to the monitor too.

I think i need a bigger monitor, but 21" will do for now. Besides it's only me who uses this. The rest of my family goes to the living room. Suddenly I feel like a kid with a new toy! :D

I finally got my rig together yesterday. It has been a long time since I last assembled one (1999), and my PC's after that were outright bundled purchases. So I was a bit lost at the start.

Here are the essentials:

2GB DDR PC400

F.E.A.R. looks awesome at maxed out settings with 99% frame rates above 35, maximum frames at 85. Native resolution is 1680x1050. Same performance with Far Cry.

I think i need a bigger monitor, but 21" will do for now. Besides it's only me who uses this. The rest of my family goes to the living room. Suddenly I feel like a kid with a new toy! :D

Huwaw! That's like buying yourself a Ducati! :cool:

I can just imagine playing Far Cry on that rig! :boo:

Here are the essentials:

2GB DDR PC400

I can still hold my breath, Bro! Galing rig mo!!! Have you tried Elder Scrolls: Oblivion yet? Feedback naman; although they say F.E.A.R. requires higher specs than Oblivion...Thanks!

Ill buy my rig this saturday eto specs

PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ s939

MOTHERBOARD: Asrock s939 sLi e-SATA2

MEMORY: PQI 512 mb PC 400

VIDEOCARD: Inno3D GF6600 LE 256 mb 128 bit (6600 GT sana kso kulang Budget ehh)

HARD DRIVE: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM

MONITOR: 15" MAG LCD

CASING: AMP 7004 500W ATX w/ KB,Mouse and MMSpeakers

OPTICAL DRIVE: Lite On COmbo CDrW/DVD

Any comments? Suggestions ?

:P THX po

PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P4s8X-MX

MEMORY: Kingston 1 Ghz

VIDEOCARD: Palit Geforce FX 6600 256MB

HARD DRIVE: Seagate 80 Gig 7200 RPM

Seagate 120 Gig 7200 RPM

MONITOR: 15" AOC

CASING: Generic Black

OPTICAL DRIVE: Sony DRU 810 DVD+RW

Lite On Combo CDRW/DVD-ROM

..Plan to sell this crappy system soon and buy a monster Rig :(

Edited by kUrTsKY
Ill buy my rig this saturday eto specs

PROCESSOR:  AMD Athlon 64 3000+ s939

MOTHERBOARD: Asrock s939 sLi e-SATA2

MEMORY: PQI 512 mb PC 400

VIDEOCARD:  Inno3D GF6600 LE 256 mb 128 bit (6600 GT sana kso kulang Budget ehh)

HARD DRIVE:  Seagate 160GB 7200RPM

MONITOR: 15" MAG LCD

CASING: AMP 7004 500W ATX w/ KB,Mouse and MMSpeakers

OPTICAL DRIVE: Lite On COmbo CDrW/DVD

Any comments? Suggestions ?

:P THX po

Go for 1gb (2x512mb) if you can :D Since 1gb is already nearly a minimum requirement on most programs :D

Thanks guys.

Words are not enough to describe the gaming experience I get with this setup. Simply, I am immersed in the game itself unlike anytime before. Add to that games that are masterfully designed to exploit this technology. The result is truly amazing. I tried the factory set drivers but currently am using Nvidia's latest geforce beta drivers. No glitches so far but so much better performance.

The FPshooters really showcase audio and visuals. Man, you can see sonic waves from fragmentation grenades, dust clouds after a barrage of gunfire hitting concrete walls in FEAR,shadows are TOO real and hamper vision, sparks flying everywhere ala your favorite action movie, the vividly drawn colors in Far Cry, etc. Far cry is most visually stunning to me. But unlike FEAR, Far Cry ambiance is less realistic. It'll be a some time before all these gets old. Oblivion is a hot game now but I haven't purchased it yet. Can't give feedback on that yet but am interested in getting this game. Haven't really been an RPG fan but I'm willing to try it.

Can't wait for Windows Vista to be retailed. I initially tried XP Pro x64 but had too many errors so I switched back to the 32bit version. Maybe by then more developers would have re-designed their games for a 64 bit OS.

One thing i noticed though, since the rear speakers of my Logitech 5450 are wireless, the wireless mouse and keyboard sometimes/often interferes with the rear audio output during gameplay. Not much, but at some points can be noticeable. The wireless rear speaker design is a good idea to create ideal 3-D positioning for surround. You can mount it anywhere without wire clutter. It's still not perfect but is something to consider for anyone who intends to acquire these speakers.

Thanks guys.

Words are not enough to describe the gaming experience I get with this setup. Simply, I am immersed in the game itself unlike anytime before. Add to that games that are masterfully designed to exploit this technology. The result is truly amazing. I tried the factory set drivers but currently am using Nvidia's latest geforce beta drivers. No glitches so far but so much better performance.

The FPshooters really showcase audio and visuals. Man, you can see sonic waves from fragmentation grenades, dust clouds after a barrage of gunfire hitting concrete walls in FEAR,shadows are TOO real and hamper vision, sparks flying everywhere ala your favorite action movie, the vividly drawn colors in Far Cry, etc. Far cry is most visually stunning to me. But unlike FEAR, Far Cry ambiance is less realistic. It'll be a some time before all these gets old. Oblivion is a hot game now but I haven't purchased it yet. Can't give feedback on that yet but am interested in getting this game. Haven't really been an RPG fan but I'm willing to try it.

Can't wait for Windows Vista to be retailed. I initially tried XP Pro x64 but had too many errors so I switched back to the 32bit version. Maybe by then more developers would have re-designed their games for a 64 bit OS.

Will wait for your post on your experience with Oblivion using your current rig should you decide to try an RPG category.

Thanks guys.

Try it with Oblivion, since we have nearly the same rig :D Try to run Oblivion @ the max settings that you can run it :D Even my Oblivion is crying @ 1920x1200 w/ HDR :D LOL :D

Oh yeah, were you able to tweak your bios?:D The initial bios setting for out MSI Diamond Plus for the SLI is running @ 8x 8x SLI :D

Thanks guys.

Shut up....joke!

But seriously, siguro maganda din simulators sa set up mo...

tao po!..share ko lang din yung akin..my resources are limited (student lang po :) kaya eto:

PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz

MOTHERBOARD: ecs pm800-m2

MEMORY: 512 ddr ram

VIDEOCARD: nvidia geforce4 mx 4000

HARD DRIVE: seagate 40 gig

MONITOR: 15" samsung syncmaster591s (from my old pc)

CASING: white

OPTICAL DRIVE: LG cdrom/writer

guys, what's the best brand to go for sa MOBO for an Athlon 64 processor?

Best brand for Athlon boards is DFI. It is the best motherboard especially when you are OCing because of its flexibility. But since DFI is not much seen in most sellers here , MSI is the second to it. MSI is also good also in OCing and performance as well. ASUS also perform well.

If you are getting an Athlon 64 for Socket 939, I suggest getting a MSI K8N Neo-4.

If you want a little cheaper board, I suggest Redfox or Gigabyte. ^_^

Best brand for Athlon boards is DFI. It is the best motherboard especially when you are OCing because of its flexibility. But since DFI is not much seen in most sellers here , MSI is the second to it. MSI is also good also in OCing and performance as well. ASUS also perform well.

If you are getting an Athlon 64 for Socket 939, I suggest getting a MSI K8N Neo-4.

If you want a little cheaper board, I suggest Redfox or Gigabyte. ^_^

thanks mate :)

PROCESSOR: Athlon64 3700+ (San Diego Core)

MOTHERBOARD: Chaintech VNF4 Ultra (Nforce4 Ultra Chipset)

MEMORY: 1GB Kingmax PC3200 dual channel (2x512MB)

VIDEOCARD: EVGA Geforce 6800GS OC 256MB

HARD DRIVE: Maxtor 160GB 7200RPM

MONITOR: 19" Viewsonic CRT

OPTICAL DRIVE: Lite-On DVDRW

ACCESSORIES: Logitech Wireless Keyboard & Optical Mouse, Logitech 2.1 Speakers.

I can play Elder Scrolls Oblivion on near max settings 1024x768 resolution after some ini tweaking at 30+ FPS minimum. Plays any other games at max settings well above 30+ FPS. :)

:) :)