• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

On 6/19/2024 at 2:32 AM, khantan said:

Masters, is an increase in minimum wage a valid ground for firing/laying off redundant and low performing employees? 

The termination of employment should be based on Art. 297 (formerly Art. 282) of the Labor Code. Redundancy or low performing employees may be considered valid grounds for termination. To determine the validity of such termination, an employee, who was terminated for the cited reason, should file a complaint with the NLRC Arbitration Branch of the place where the company is located. The NLRC will determine if the termination of the employee is for just cause and the employee was accorded due process. The employer, on the other hand, will have a chance to explain the basis of terminating an employee. 

Whether the ground is valid depends on the individual circumstance of an employee which will be taken into consideration when a complaint is filed with the NLRC by the affected employee. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ngayon ko lang nakita to and seeing I have no other choice really, I'll ask here.

May legal grounds ba ako or any move for the management to give me my severance pay? 

For context kasi, OnlyFans chatter ako. Wala, sideline lang tsaka pampalipas oras lang. Now, sometime last month, tinanggal ako for "security breach" when in reality nalaman lang na kakilala ko lang yung namba-badmouth sa agency ko ngayon. Without any proof shown and only used "based on what we heard" statements, tinanggal ako and stated sa termination na hindi ko daw makukuha yung pay ko that period because of said breach. Of course I reached out and explained my side. I've used private messaging, email, and text pero hindi na nila ako pinapansin. The problem is that wala sa NDA na pwede nila i-deny yung severance ko. 

With that being said, could I do anything to get my pay back at least? I don't like working there anymore because of the PH managers and HR. Sobrang pinepersonal nila yung problem haha. 

Thank you if napansin! 

On 7/18/2024 at 8:12 AM, mdp1998 said:

Hello ngayon ko lang nakita to and seeing I have no other choice really, I'll ask here.

May legal grounds ba ako or any move for the management to give me my severance pay? 

For context kasi, OnlyFans chatter ako. Wala, sideline lang tsaka pampalipas oras lang. Now, sometime last month, tinanggal ako for "security breach" when in reality nalaman lang na kakilala ko lang yung namba-badmouth sa agency ko ngayon. Without any proof shown and only used "based on what we heard" statements, tinanggal ako and stated sa termination na hindi ko daw makukuha yung pay ko that period because of said breach. Of course I reached out and explained my side. I've used private messaging, email, and text pero hindi na nila ako pinapansin. The problem is that wala sa NDA na pwede nila i-deny yung severance ko. 

With that being said, could I do anything to get my pay back at least? I don't like working there anymore because of the PH managers and HR. Sobrang pinepersonal nila yung problem haha. 

Thank you if napansin! 

Do you have an employment contract?

On 7/18/2024 at 8:12 AM, mdp1998 said:

Thank you if napansin! 

For starters, were you given a letter from management/HR informing you of your offense and requesting you to explain your side of the issue? The letter should also warn you that your employment may be terminated. Second, was there a hearing conducted by management to allow you to explain yourself? Finally, were you given a letter informing you of the decision of management to terminate your employment?

If the foregoing steps were not done, then you were either illegally dismissed or constructively dismissed.

You can file a case in DOLE for illegal dismissal.

Hi, everyone. Asking for advice about possible termination from employment. 

I am a manager in title but function as an individual contributor in my company. I've missed some KPI's as part of my performance evaluation due to the amount of workload and our team lacking manpower so we had to take on additional tasks. I am now asked to explain why I missed these KPI's and may possibly lead to termination on the grounds of negligence / gross misconduct.

I was under the impression that since I missed these, I was going to be put in a Performance Improvement Plan and not termination. These misses were not due to negligence, it was just that there were so much to do and I had to prioritize which tasks/projects had to be done. When me and my immediate manager talk 1 on 1, the situation was not explained to me that it was this grave since most of our conversations were jovial.

My question is, if I get terminated, would this be illegal termination since I was not given an opportunity for performance improvement? I am pretty sure my immediate manager did not document our 1 on 1's and most of our conversations revolved around which tasks needed to be done at the time, not performance status.

I hope you can share your insights with me for the best course of action. I am at the stage where I have to reply to HR's written notice.

6 hours ago, Marvinster said:

Hi, everyone. Asking for advice about possible termination from employment. 

I am a manager in title but function as an individual contributor in my company. I've missed some KPI's as part of my performance evaluation due to the amount of workload and our team lacking manpower so we had to take on additional tasks. I am now asked to explain why I missed these KPI's and may possibly lead to termination on the grounds of negligence / gross misconduct.

I was under the impression that since I missed these, I was going to be put in a Performance Improvement Plan and not termination. These misses were not due to negligence, it was just that there were so much to do and I had to prioritize which tasks/projects had to be done. When me and my immediate manager talk 1 on 1, the situation was not explained to me that it was this grave since most of our conversations were jovial.

My question is, if I get terminated, would this be illegal termination since I was not given an opportunity for performance improvement? I am pretty sure my immediate manager did not document our 1 on 1's and most of our conversations revolved around which tasks needed to be done at the time, not performance status.

I hope you can share your insights with me for the best course of action. I am at the stage where I have to reply to HR's written notice.

The only remedy is technicality.  Madali lang naman sila magsampa ng violations.   First dapat may due process (the most important rule pagdating sa labor case), which I think meron since binigyan ka ng notice ng HR to explain.  Second may rules and regulation ba kayo for negligence and gross misconduct. Is first offense can get you to termination?  

Last resort if lumabas na for termination is negotiate na lang for voluntary resignation.  Kung gusto mo lumaban I think may laban ka mag labor since missing KPI is not automatic  negligence and certainly not gross misconduct unless may evidence sila to prove it. 

Ang mahirap dyan ayaw na sayo ng management so  ipipilit mo pa ba?  For me just get the most out of it na lang.  May separation pay ba kung mag resign ka?  You can always threat for labor case  or even mag pa Tulfo ka para magkaroon ka ng leverage sa negotiation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2024 at 5:56 PM, Ninjakvs said:

Advice on scammers online? NbI cybercrime ba?

Good luck lang if ma accommodate ka. Mahaba ang pila at napaka limited ng resources nila. I think andaming nag rerequest for their services right now. Might take months for you to get your request.

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2024 at 2:05 AM, KapitanAndres21 said:

Pag ang isang Contract ba, ay walang termination clause, illegal ba yon? if hindi? is there a way for my friend to amend that contract? 

Legal pa din ang contract kahit wala termination clause. Pede iterminate ang contract sa pamamagitan ng notice sa kabilang partido na galing sa friend mo. Sa notice na yun nakasaad na iterminate na contract, lets say, 90 days.