• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

dahil patay na ang magulang mo, di na pwede yan ipa-notary (sa notarization, sinisertipika ng notaryo na humarap sa kanya yung tao, paano makakaharap yung tatay mo sa notaryo ngayon kung patay na siya).

pero, hindi dahil hindi notaryado ay walang bisa ang bentahan. mabisa pa rin ito sa inyo at ng mga kapatid mo.

dahil may bentahan, ang sasabihin mo sa adverse claim mo, ikaw na at ang sister mo ang may-ari, at iaattach mo sa afidavit ang unnotarized deed of sale na ginawa ng tatay nyo.

nung buhay pa po ang parents ko, gumawa ng kasulatan ang father ko showing that the property was sold to me and one of my sisters kahit walang totoong bentahan, pumirma lahat ng kapatid ko, para daw di gumastos ng malaki sa transfer ng inheritance ng property in case daw na mamatay na sila, ang kulang na lang sa document ay yung notary, magiging valid pa ba yun kung ipa-notary ko yun mgayon, may date naman yun kung kelan pinirmahan ng mga involved parties? TIA po!

Edited by rocco69

1. will I still be able to practice or will I be too old to be shifting to a new profession?

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~ C. S. Lewis

2. Any schools that is of note for weekend... classes?

Law schools are now supervised by the Legal Education Board (RA 7662), and unfortunately, the LEB has basically prohibited the operation of weekends-only law course offerings (usually denominated as an "executive class"), so you're limited to...

3. Any schools that is of note for... night time classes?

There are a lot of choices available to you, as most law schools offer night classes. It basically depends on your location, as well as your budget.

Thanks for the reply sir!

Hi to all, I have a friend asking if she can have at least a compensation package or the like.

She started working at printing industry in 2002 and then eventually, company fell due to cash flow problem sometime in 2007 or so.

Some of the employees received their separation pay because of retrenchment policy. She and the others I think gave the options to transfer from their respective sister company which was happened. Her tenure of service based on what she explained shall continue from the day she was started from fallen company.

And now my friend is resigning from her job this year. Does she entitle to claim from fallen/closed company? Or does she might get any compensation in general from her present company?

Thanks in advance.

wala kang makukuha pag ikaw ay magreresign (unless may policy ang kumpanya na magbigay ng kaunting halaga sa RESIGNING employee).

entitled ka sa separation pay pag ikaw ay tatanggalin sa trabaho (e.g. redundancy, retrenchment, installation of labor-saving device), pero pag ikaw ay magre-RESIGN, WALA!

Hi to all, I have a friend asking if she can have at least a compensation package or the like.

She started working at printing industry in 2002 and then eventually, company fell due to cash flow problem sometime in 2007 or so.

Some of the employees received their separation pay because of retrenchment policy. She and the others I think gave the options to transfer from their respective sister company which was happened. Her tenure of service based on what she explained shall continue from the day she was started from fallen company.

And now my friend is resigning from her job this year. Does she entitle to claim from fallen/closed company? Or does she might get any compensation in general from her present company?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by rocco69

sir rocco69 ako po ay meron din tanong...bumili po ang nanay ko ng vault sa columbary (fully paid na po), pero di naman po natapos ang columbary. gusto po sana niya na maibalik ang pera na binayad niya. pwede po ba ito at saan po ba namin pwede ireklamo kung ayaw isauli ang pera niya? salamat po. TIA!

1. gusto po sana niya na maibalik ang pera na binayad niya. pwede po ba ito?

pwede po. sulatan niya ang developer demanding the return of her money due to the failure to develop the columbary project.

2. saan po ba namin pwede ireklamo kung ayaw isauli ang pera niya?

Sa HLURB.

sir rocco69 ako po ay meron din tanong...bumili po ang nanay ko ng vault sa columbary (fully paid na po), pero di naman po natapos ang columbary. gusto po sana niya na maibalik ang pera na binayad niya. pwede po ba ito at saan po ba namin pwede ireklamo kung ayaw isauli ang pera niya? salamat po. TIA!

1. gusto po sana niya na maibalik ang pera na binayad niya. pwede po ba ito?

pwede po. sulatan niya ang developer demanding the return of her money due to the failure to develop the columbary project.

2. saan po ba namin pwede ireklamo kung ayaw isauli ang pera niya?

Sa HLURB.

Thank you po sa advice!

Hi, I am currently employed in a BPO (named as company A) as a contractor under a vendor (company B). My contract is 6 months, and I am regularly informed by my supervisor about my standing in the company. on my 5th month, I was informed that my supervisor recommended my contract to be extended, although she informed me that it is still up for deliberation by the management. Unfortunately, my contract extension was not approved, and I was only informed 2 weeks before my end of contract.

1. It is stated in my contract (from company B) that I should be informed at least 1 month prior to my end of contract. Since I they were not able to inform me, would I have a chance to win if i file a case?

2. and who should i file a case against? In company B for not following up from Company A about my status on the 5th month?

3. Would I be able to demand at least 1 month salary compensation for not being able inform me as my contract stated?

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi, I am currently employed in a BPO (named as company A) as a contractor under a vendor (company B). My contract is 6 months, and I am regularly informed by my supervisor about my standing in the company. on my 5th month, I was informed that my supervisor recommended my contract to be extended, although she informed me that it is still up for deliberation by the management. Unfortunately, my contract extension was not approved, and I was only informed 2 weeks before my end of contract.

1. It is stated in my contract (from company B) that I should be informed at least 1 month prior to my end of contract. Since I they were not able to inform me, would I have a chance to win if i file a case?

2. and who should i file a case against? In company B for not following up from Company A about my status on the 5th month?

3. Would I be able to demand at least 1 month salary compensation for not being able inform me as my contract stated?

Thank you very much for your help!

happened to us a few years ago. may tinerminate kaming contract na walang 30 day notice.

talo kami.... what should be done daw as per the DOLE is dapat inabsorb muna namin until the end of the 30 day period or sinuwelduhan namin ng isang buwan pa, maski hindi na sya nagrereport.

to answer your questions:

a. yes

b. should be company B dahil sila ang nakikipag coordinate sa iyo.

c. yes.

happened to us a few years ago. may tinerminate kaming contract na walang 30 day notice.

talo kami.... what should be done daw as per the DOLE is dapat inabsorb muna namin until the end of the 30 day period or sinuwelduhan namin ng isang buwan pa, maski hindi na sya nagrereport.

to answer your questions:

a. yes

b. should be company B dahil sila ang nakikipag coordinate sa iyo.

c. yes.

Hi sir,

Thank you for your repsonse. I have double checked my contract and unfortunately, it does not state something about a 30 day notice.

Would I still have a chance in my complaint kung hindi naka state ung 30 day notice?

Hi, I'm almost 35 and I have a full time job. But I'm thinking of taking law school, will I still be able to practice or will I be too old to be shifting to a new profession? Any schools that is of note for weekend or night time classes as I still need to work to pay for the tuition?

it's never too late.

schools which cater to working people are

up,ateneo, arellano,lyceum, and feu.

1. It is stated in my contract (from company B) that I should be informed at least 1 month prior to my end of contract. Since I they were not able to inform me, would I have a chance to win if I file a case?

Ayun kay google: happened to us a few years ago. may tinerminate kaming contract na walang 30 day notice. talo kami.

hindi ko lang alam kung ano talaga ang contract na involved sa case ni google, but I am assuming that sa kaso nila, either open-ended (walang fixed na period) ang contract OR tinerminate nila ang contract BEFORE its termination date. In those kinds of cases, the 30-day notice becomes important, dahil hindi alam nung tao na tatapusin na pala yung kontrata niya, biglaan baga.

Sa kaso mo, 6-months lang ang contract mo. Mula sa simula, alam mo na kung kelan matatapos ang contract mo, hindi ka na kailangang i-inform kung kelan ito matatapos, kung kaya't ano ang basehan ng claim mo na di mo alam na ma-teterminate ang contract mo.

1a. I have double checked my contract and unfortunately, it does not state something about a 30 day notice.

Mas malala, wala palang sinasabi sa contract mo na kailangan ng 30-day notice (dahil nga, hindi ka na kailangan bigyan ng notice because nakalagay na nga kung hanggang kailan lang ang contract mo), kung kaya't wala ka talagang basehan para humingi ng daños.

Assuming na magkakaso ka pa rin, Company B, dahil ito ang employer mo (at kalimitan, sa Master Agreement ng agency mo (Company B) sa principal (Company A), mayroong clause na nagsasabi na lahat ng claim ay sagutin lamang ng Company B (non-liability at indemnification clause), at kung hindi man, ay babayaran ni Company B.

Nope.

Hi sir,

Thank you for your repsonse. I have double checked my contract and unfortunately, it does not state something about a 30 day notice.

Would I still have a chance in my complaint kung hindi naka state ung 30 day notice?

Edited by rocco69

Hi sir,

my take..... your contract is silent on this.... so walang laban, ika nga.

yung sa amin kasi is meron.

hi good am...the company terminated our union officials(we are under CBA nego)because of article 282 of labor code as basis..illegal strike...here is what happened..last april 9,,90% of the regular employees who are union members did not report for work even though the management have in many instances informed the employees that they are being required to work on that day..all premiums as mandated by law is to be given and cited ART..94 of labor code as basis...in reality some union official indeed talk to its members asking or in a indirect manner telling the member not to report for work that day(april 9) and in the coming holidays(april 17/19) citing that we are in the process of cba nego and that we must show unity..like i mentioned above,come april 9,90% of workers did not report for work,,next day he management issued ES or explanation slip to those employees asking for their reason,,union official initially told members to right under protest on their ES,after some time asked the members to give them their ES so that its the union officials that will answer,but then again after some time officials return said ES to members advising them to just give the real reason for not reporting to work on the said date. Come April 17 and 19, 75% of employees still did not report for work. Come May 5, management terminates union officials on the grounds of illegal strike. The termination was effective on the very same day.

Questions:

1. Does the company have a basis for terminating said officials?

2. Was due process observed or followed in the termination procedure?

3. Will this affect the existence of the union? The current CBA negotiation?

Technically I assume that since the officials were terminated and can be considered as no longer employees of the company, therefore they can no longer be considered members and officials of the union. Am I correct in assuming this? Right now these terminated officials continue to orchestrate and give instructions to members regarding activities and mobilizations. Should they still be followed by the union members? The terminated officials whose term of office will end this September still did not file a case against the company to the Department of Labor.