Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Guys magandang hapon sa inyo. :D It’s nice to learn that merong thread d2 sa MTC on computers, ang laking bagay para sa mga computer aficionados. Anyway pipol, can an I ask 4ur suggestions? Im planning kc to buy a computer, It will be for home use lang. Konting word processing, internet, and printing of pictures. But my primary reason for buying a computer is to watch movies and play games (especially the latest ones) If there’s somebody who is kind out there, pa2long naman kung ano mga specs ba ang dapat ko bilhin. Mas makakamura ba ako if I buy by parts and let a computer technician assemble it or il buy sa mga computer shops na pre-assembled PC? My budget sana is mga P15-20thou. And info din sana where I can buy PC parts and have them assembled. Thanx guys!! :P

Guys magandang hapon sa inyo. :D It’s nice to learn that merong thread d2 sa MTC on computers, ang laking bagay para sa mga computer aficionados. Anyway pipol, can an I ask 4ur suggestions? Im planning kc to buy a computer, It will be for home use lang. Konting word processing, internet, and printing of pictures. But my primary reason for buying a computer is to watch movies and play games (especially the latest ones) If there’s somebody who is kind out there, pa2long naman kung ano mga specs ba ang dapat ko bilhin. Mas makakamura ba ako if I buy by parts and let a computer technician assemble it or il buy sa mga computer shops na pre-assembled PC? My budget sana is mga P15-20thou. And info din sana where I can buy PC parts and have them assembled. Thanx guys!! :P

dude i got mine assembled in an hour at PC EXPRESS, theyre cheap, parts are guaranteed, no rip off, no parts swap. you see what you buy put in!

I got mine for 19K!

if you want it really cheap but can do the works:

ECS KV7VMM+ motherboard

AMD 1800+

256mb PC266DDR ram

Radeon 7000 64mb video card

LiteOn cdrom drive

Maxtor 40gb hdd 7200

Sony 1.44 floppy drive

Smartlink modem

Samsung 551v monitor(splurge on this one)

HP 3550 deskjet

Reflex clear sided case

keyboard, speakers, mouse free

mine can do wonders with games with crystal clarity!!!

hope it helps...

I usually go to Green Hills pero mas konti na lng yung shops ata not like before.

Puro cell phones na yung tinda ata dun.

I always select the parts that I want tapos sila na mag-assemble.

Dapat may list ka ng parts na gusto mo at yung price nila for it.

Pede ka naman tawad since lahat ng parts eh bibilhin mo sa kanila.

Since u want to watch movies and play the latest games, u really need to invest a lot.

Things to spend on:

Monitor - long term investment since indi madalas ito palitan

Processor and motherboard - dapat latest para in 2 to 3 years...eh paluma pa lng sya at pede mo pa benta.

Memory - mas malaki mas ok!

Video card - to play the latest games u need the baddest vid card around (Radeon 9700 which costs almost a new PC), u can settle for anything lower...nVidia is OK specially the Ti series.

Sound card - to enjoy these new games and movies (DVD), walang sinabi yung mga VCD sa DVD in terms of video and audio quality. mura na ata DVD sa pinas...as low as 80. Pero kung manonood ka ng VCD sa PC mo, wag ka bili ng sound card na maganda. Pede na yung built-in sa mobo.

optional:

Speakers - ganda ng sound card mo pero bulok yung speaker mo...walang kwenta...tunog lata pa din.

Find for items that will fit ur budget.

Everyone can give u a killer spec sa PC or parts that kick arse.

Problem lng....papasok ba yun sa budget mo?

Vicaner:

nasa opis ako so I can't get the specs of my PC.

dude, when ur buying a PC, the only thing that restricts u is ur budget.

how much are you willing to spend for the fastest, greatest and baddest PC?

before I buy, I set my limit. think how much you are willing to spend for each component. let's say ur limit is 50K, then ito yung probably breakdown:

mobo - 10K

proc - 10K

video card - 5K

monitor - 10K

memory - 5K

misc - 10K

after you have set the limit for each component, then do ur research.

research on each component and then see if they will fit ur budget.

i-consider mo na din yung trip mo like gusto to mo ng HT so Intel na or kung gusto mo murang pro bili ka AMD para makabili ka ng magandang video card (Radeon 9700).

then adjust mo yung list mo, u can subtract 1K from mobo and 1K from monitor para makabili kaw ng video card na 7K.

once ur done with the list, u will get the best value for your budget.

recommended sites: www.tomshardware.com www.extremetech.com

:lol:

this is actually correct! but 50k? whoa....

at anyrate consider upgradeable options, Kung pwede pa sya i -up...

spend on a good monitor! Samsung is nice ofr my eyes for a 15 incher....mahirap naman masyado malaki like a 19...though i wish i got the 17r.

video card! yup a must sya, b4 inboard gamit ko, bagal, may vdo chatter pa, radeon is very good, popular lang kasi geoforce, plus upgradeable ang driver software nya, got mine up to 2003 driver spec sa site nila.

memory get 215 agad! para d kana bibili ulet! there never enough memory...

canvass na ako sa greenhills, gilmore everywhere, pc express pa rin! good aftersales pa!

you know yo can return and exchange parts you dont like in two days, bring the packings lang!

dont tamper with it, free service pa sa kanila...

tothink i dont know dick in pc's ha...

so true mats!!!wla na greehills masyado in terms of pc parts...nataob na ng pc express! its a giant warehouse type retail shop! they give you a list of parts to check, if not they ask you your budget, and they will list it up depending on how you want it. want best bang for buck with printers and scanners but can do games, internet and regular pc work or go for maxed out set ups they have it!!!

so true mats!!!wla na greehills masyado in terms of pc parts...nataob na ng pc express! its a giant warehouse type retail shop! they give you a list of parts to check, if not they ask you your budget, and they will list it up depending on how you want it. want best bang for buck with printers and scanners but can do games, internet and regular pc work or go for maxed out set ups they have it!!!

and the thing is they have branches near everyone, so no need to dayo pa, you buy it in one of theyre shops, can have it checked in another...

wla pang lokohan!

Saan ba yang PC express na yan?

Never been there....may web site ba sila?

Yung figure na binigay ko para madali lng yung math. :D

Kaya indi ako nag-engineering eh. :unsure:

Indi kasi ako bumibili by parts.

I usually have it assembled kasi I don't sell my PC by parts.

I sell it as a complete package, well indi kasama yung monitor.

Ganda monitor ko eh. :lol:

I tried selling by parts pero by the time na may bagong video card, sino yung bibili ng lumang video card lang? benta ko cguro 100 meron bibili. :D

mat,

try, www.pcx.com.ph

site nila yan! may online chat room din cla! cool d ba?

areb you still around when extreme mods was up, and still is? tol coolest pc casing cla! clear or smoked acrylic!!! plus stainless steel braided ide and power cables, if not luminous ones....hehehhehe!

wanna go for watercooled processors?

salamat sa info.

nasa taiwan ako. ok dito...ayus na ayus sa mga pc parts dito.

mura yung pc parts dito at ang daming options. :boo:

i use villman to compare prices pero sobra mahal naman items nila.

i'm not into mod casing or neon fans/tubes.

cguro if my budget allows me....i'll try.

water cooled....maybe but no more dinero. :(

bili lng ako standard fan tapos tutok ko sa pc kong bukas...may hangin na pc ko...may hangin pa ako. :D

I just browsed the pc express.

Ok yung top of the line nilang computer package for starters.

Para sa hardcore games, indi pa rin ata pede (imho).

:)

they stock ati radeon 9800 pro 128bit ddr video cards as well as inno3d gf4 ti4800se...

i dunno if they stock barton amd's, but i for one believe in the underdog amd processors, although ive talked to hk pc freaks before and they do endorse amd for its faster processing for games particularly...

as for my pc's cooling, ive got three fans, one for the processor two for the casing's outflow, so no heat build up inside the case, plus a filtered intake...

syet taiwan! hataw lalo parts dyan...

Tip lang, if you want to use it for games, hwag baba ng 512MB ang memory at 64MB ang video, para at least kahit up coming games pwede pa ring laruin. for mobo best support are MSI, ASUS, ABIT and gigabyte. 40GB and above HDD space, monitor atleast 17 inch. Win2k or WinXP prefered OS.

additional: CD-R/W - Liteon, DVD drive: Asus, sony.

Tip lang, if you want to use it for games, hwag baba ng 512MB ang memory at 64MB ang video, para at least kahit up coming games pwede pa ring laruin. for mobo best support are MSI, ASUS, ABIT and gigabyte. 40GB and above HDD space, monitor atleast 17 inch. Win2k or WinXP prefered OS.

additional: CD-R/W - Liteon, DVD drive: Asus, sony.

Idagdag ko kungkaya mo imaximize ang speed ng memory mo sa maximum na kaya ng motherboard mo, the better

dude, mura sila by a small difference, some parts nila cheap some arent, much like pc express, meron din sila parts na medyo mahal, but the difference is very minimal, say 50 - 100p , but think convenience and after service too.

mahiarap naman na bibili ka sa pc corner ng parts na cheaper than pc express, then buy the others at pc express, the trouble just aint worth...

although pc express allows parts bought fr other shops, just as long as majority parts are bought frm them...

try mong setup:

ECS N2U400-A Nforce2 Ultra 400

Athlon 2400XP+ (invest on a gud fan like Thermaltake)

2 x 256MB DDR333( u need this for dual channel)

Videocard: Radeon 9200 or 9600 128Mb

dapat modem mo external serial (wag usb, may controllerless na USB-sobrang bagal nun parang internal)

HDD 40GB+ 7200 RPM na Maxtor (133Mb/sec) UDMA 6 (highest)

DVD-ROM dpat ASUS E616 - the ONLY ATA100 (100mb/sec) DVD drive that can read DVD-18. all the others can only read DVD-4.7, DVD-9 readers are rare.

sa monitor, dapat at least 17" kasi madaling lalabo mata mo sa below 17" coz of the low refresh rate. I am now in the process of migrating from 19" to 21" FD Trinitron. Refresh rate should be at least 85Hz - 100Hz. the bigger the monitor, the higher the capacity for higher rates, the better it is for the eyes.

ok din Geforce basta Titanium series all the MX are craps. iinit lang ulo mo pag naglaro ka na. You'll never go wrong with radeon 9000 series up (even yung lowest nila, the 9000, can beat the geforce5 (FX5200).

@matsutsu

ANG SWERTE MO PRE!!!! :D

nanjan ang the best na boards! mura cguro Gigabyte 7NNXP jan or ABIT NF7-S ver 2.0

kailan ka ba uwi pre? hehehe...

btw, don't worry too much about speakers, mas ok kung ikabit mo na lang pc mo sa component or any sound system mo na may AUX/LINE IN. mas ok pa tunog. RMS and PMPO are whole lot diff..pag titingin ka ng wattage ng speaker system, make sure its in RMS to know its real power.

ako this is what i did:

amp: MOS-FET type voltage amp, 200W RMS/ch x 4.

front: JBL TLX series (super deep ng bass nito)

rear: gumawa ako ng Konzert speaker setup. kaso pangit bass..bili na lang cguro ako ng speakers.

can u imagine the thrill i feel? hehehe

wla pa akong center and sub..wla pa funds hehehe.

kung may speaker and car amp/amp kang di ginagamit tell me tulungan kita setup either here or in person (basta not outside MM ha).

How i wish malaki sweldo ko so i can buy all parts that i want.

i plan to buy stuff from here at dalhin ko sa pinas. (extra pera)

mejo malabo yung computer parts kasi delikado yung handling not to mention yung warranty.

ano ba yung magandang items ibenta sa pinas?

i was thinking of memory cards at usb flash cards.

they are small and easy buy in bulk.

any suggestions?

dudes just updating you on what i've decided to buy. sorry bro jupiter but i'm going the Intel path coz of the lack of AMD support here although nag ti-trickle in na ang parts, i'm not too sure about the future of AMD here kaya mahihirapan ako sa upgrade in the future, and the last straw is the price. Limited ang places na nagbebenta kaya controlled nila ang market, the price is either equal to P4 or much higher w/c is very frustrating.

CPU P4 2.4C or 2.6C GHZ 800MHz Hyper Threading

Mobo Asus P4P800 deluxe i865 (or the non deluxe version due to price constraints)

HD Western Digital 80 GB 7200 RPM (sorry jupiter, hirap makahanap ng maxtor)

Memory Twinmoss 256 DDRAM 400MHZ (2pcs to activate the DUAL DDRAM)

Asus DVD Rom

Asus CD Rewriter

LG FLatron 17"

samsung optical Mouse

Creative 5.1 speakers

I currently have a GeForce 4 MX 440 (yes it's crap but it works still!) which I plan to keep till I get the extra moolah to buy a higher end video card.

Jupiter, is the Radeon 9200 a good enough buy? these are the ones available here that are not the all in wonder types.

I'm still considering though, I have till next week to decide kasi suweldo next week pa. any more suggestions from you peeps?