• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Mga sir, ito yung case: A friend of mine has a 2 year old child and she's not sure if the father already got him a birth certificate. They're really in bad terms. They can't even agree on what to name the child. Is it possible for her to procure a birth certificate for the child and name him without the consent of the father? How does she apply for the BC? They're not married by the way.

She really needs to have a BC of the child ASAP. Anyone she could go to? She resides in Manila. Pwede na rin siguro sa QC samahan ko na lang. Thanks.

Fellow MTCers, need an answer for this one.

My Father Died last July 2008, He has an account due on PLDT worth P3.6K before he passed away. My mother decided not to settle it because wala na nga yung father ko plus fact na they had a service problem on the PLDT. last month may na recieved sila Letter from a Law Firm na my father should settle it or else may i file daw na case ang client nila which is PLDT kapag hindi na settle yung debt .

Tama ba yung decision ng mother ko and may rights ba ang court na habulin ang isang dead accused client.???

saan ba ipinanganak yung bata? kasi duty ng hospital na isubmit yung birth certificate sa Civil Registrar (tsaka iniipit din nila ito habang hindi pa sila bayad). kung sa midwife lang, duty rin ng midwife na magsubmit ng birth certificate. whether hospital or midwife, alamin niya muna mula sa ospital or the midwife kung sila ba ay nagsubmit na ng birth certificate sa civil registrar, kung wala talaga, late registration yan. pwede siyang pumunta sa civil registrar kung saan ipinanganak ang bata para magparehistro dun sa bata. di na kailangan ang consent ng lalaki dahil di naman sila kasal

Mga sir, ito yung case: A friend of mine has a 2 year old child and she's not sure if the father already got him a birth certificate. They're really in bad terms. They can't even agree on what to name the child. Is it possible for her to procure a birth certificate for the child and name him without the consent of the father? How does she apply for the BC? They're not married by the way.

She really needs to have a BC of the child ASAP. Anyone she could go to? She resides in Manila. Pwede na rin siguro sa QC samahan ko na lang. Thanks.

ang utang ng isang namatay ay hindi nawawala dahil patay na siya. ito ay dapat bayaran sa pamamagitan ng kanyang mga naiwang ari-arian. lumalabas, ang mamamana nyo sa inyong ama ay ang kanyang ari-arian LESS ang mga utang niya.

sa madaling salita, pwedeng maghabol ang PLDT sa mga naiwang ari-arian ng inyong ama. Pero, kung wala namang naiwang ari-arian ang ama ninyo na nakapangalan sa kanya (halimbawa lupa, sasakyan, stocks), mahihirapan ang PLDT maghabol dahil wala silang ebidensya kung ano ang pag-aari ng nasira mong ama. pero kung meron, pwede talaga silang maghabol dun.

Note, however, that for 3.6K, malabong maghabla pa ang PLDT (dahil mas mahal pa ang ibabayad nila sa abugado at sa iba pang gastusin) lalo na na wala na nga yung kanilang hinahabol. in other words, mukhang pananakot lang ang sulat na natanggap ninyo, at di rin nila talaga ito itutuloy.

yun nga lang, kasabihan nga - ang utang ay dapat bayaran.

Fellow MTCers, need an answer for this one.

My Father Died last July 2008, He has an account due on PLDT worth P3.6K before he passed away. My mother decided not to settle it because wala na nga yung father ko plus fact na they had a service problem on the PLDT. last month may na recieved sila Letter from a Law Firm na my father should settle it or else may i file daw na case ang client nila which is PLDT kapag hindi na settle yung debt .

Tama ba yung decision ng mother ko and may rights ba ang court na habulin ang isang dead accused client.???

saan ba ipinanganak yung bata? kasi duty ng hospital na isubmit yung birth certificate sa Civil Registrar (tsaka iniipit din nila ito habang hindi pa sila bayad). kung sa midwife lang, duty rin ng midwife na magsubmit ng birth certificate. whether hospital or midwife, alamin niya muna mula sa ospital or the midwife kung sila ba ay nagsubmit na ng birth certificate sa civil registrar, kung wala talaga, late registration yan. pwede siyang pumunta sa civil registrar kung saan ipinanganak ang bata para magparehistro dun sa bata. di na kailangan ang consent ng lalaki dahil di naman sila kasal

Actually, hawak daw niya ung original nung "Information sheet for live birth certificate registration" yun ba yung pinapasa sa Civil Registrar? Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital daw sa Manila. So punta na lang sa Civil Registrar sa Manila City Hall?

mga legal grus need your help please.. I just don't know if an issue about "CHILD CUSTODY" has been raised before if so please direct me.. salamt po..

going on..

I need to file for a Custody Battle.. I have a 7 year old daughter turning 8 this October, hiwalay na kame ng asawa ko dahil nagka anak sya sa ibang lalake habang kasal kame her kid is now turning 1 this Feb. Hindi ko alam if she's living with the dad of her baby or tinakbuhan sya

Right now we are sharing time with our daughter since ito ang payo ng Abogado nya (PAO) pero hindi naman din kasi sya sumusunod sa ibang provisions ng abogado nya and ako ang lagi nag aadjust para lang ma accomodate ang mga demands nya.. isa pa I really don't think the PAO lawyer is telling me everything I need to know or is just beating around the bushes keeping me pacified enough not to file for anything..

Ayaw nung anak ko sa kanya since she really is a daddy's girl and IMO hindi nya na bibigay ang lahat ng kelangan ng anak namin.

she has a job as a sales attendant in some mall se started not to long ago, wala pa yata 4 months, I have a Job as well sa isang call center for more than a year now..

Bottom line is I really would like to file for a custody battle for my daughter.. any advices you guys can give me.. like Cost.. how long.. steps I need to take and such.. salamat in advance

magastos magkaso. do you really NEED to file a custody case, or you WANT to file a custody case. a custody case would require you to show that you are better qualified to take care of your child than your spouse. it is not just a case of showing that your wife is unqualified, you also have to show you are qualified. also, since this involves a child, this will certainly raise objections from your ex. In other words, baka ang mangyari, maglabasan kayo ng baho sa korte - sisiraan mo siya para ijustify na hindi siya qualified sa bata, sisiraan ka rin niya dahil ayaw niyang mawala ang bata sa kanya.

anyway, in custody cases, the no. 1 factor to be considered is "what is for the best interest of the child" (ano ba ang makabubuti sa bata)? dahil turning 8 na ang anak ninyo, malaking factor kung sino ang gusto ng bata na makasama na magulang - which is in your favor. malaki ring factor yung nagka-anak sa iba yung asawa mo (ipapalagay ko na kinakasama nya yung lalaking nakabuntis sa kanya), dahil pangit na nakikita ng anak mo yung ina nya na may kinakasamang iba at may kapatid pa siya na iba ang tatay.

ang gastusin dito ay katulad din ng ibang kaso, depende sa abugadong makukuha mo (this could range from a low of P50T to as high as a million - depende nga sa abugado, kung si Fortun o Katrina Legarda ba naman ang gusto mo, o isang bagong pasa pa lang ng bar). kakailanganin mo ng ebidensya na mas karapat-dapat mapunta sa iyo ang bata, proof of good character, proof of income, endorsement by priests, respected people in community (best to also get a psychiatrist to come out with a report saying that it would be best for the child to stay with you).

mas maganda, get also proof of the adultery of your wife (birth certificate of the child, paano mo nasabi na sa ibang lalaki yun etc.)

do not expect also that your wife will be totally excluded from the life of your child, dahil ina yan, baka bigyan din ng visitation right ng korte ang ina sa bata.

clearly, mabigat na proseso ang pagkakaso. kung mukhang mahirap, why don't you talk with your ex about what is happening with your child, kung ano ang ayaw mosa mga demands niya, bakit ayaw mo na ikaw lagi ang nag-aaccomodate sa kanya. baka sakali na mapagkasunduan ninyo.

kung talagang matigas ang ulo, takutin mo na kakasuhan mo siya ng ADULTERY at ipapakulong mo siya (on the assumption na basta na lang kayo naghiwalay at di pa napapawalang-bisa ang kasal ninyo) kung di siya papayag sa mga gusto mo - siguraduhin mo lang na after you do this, di niya itatakas ang bata mula sa iyo.

hope this helps.

mga legal grus need your help please.. I just don't know if an issue about "CHILD CUSTODY" has been raised before if so please direct me.. salamt po..

going on..

I need to file for a Custody Battle.. I have a 7 year old daughter turning 8 this October, hiwalay na kame ng asawa ko dahil nagka anak sya sa ibang lalake habang kasal kame her kid is now turning 1 this Feb. Hindi ko alam if she's living with the dad of her baby or tinakbuhan sya

Right now we are sharing time with our daughter since ito ang payo ng Abogado nya (PAO) pero hindi naman din kasi sya sumusunod sa ibang provisions ng abogado nya and ako ang lagi nag aadjust para lang ma accomodate ang mga demands nya.. isa pa I really don't think the PAO lawyer is telling me everything I need to know or is just beating around the bushes keeping me pacified enough not to file for anything..

Ayaw nung anak ko sa kanya since she really is a daddy's girl and IMO hindi nya na bibigay ang lahat ng kelangan ng anak namin.

she has a job as a sales attendant in some mall se started not to long ago, wala pa yata 4 months, I have a Job as well sa isang call center for more than a year now..

Bottom line is I really would like to file for a custody battle for my daughter.. any advices you guys can give me.. like Cost.. how long.. steps I need to take and such.. salamat in advance

punta siya sa Civil registrar ng manila at apply siya for a copy of the birth certificate using the data in the information sheet, pag may lumabas na ganung birth certificate, ibig sabihin registrado na yung bata. pag wal;a naman, kailangan mag-apply din sa NSO para makita na talalgang walang ganung birth certificate. anyway, magtanong-tanong na lang siya sa civil registrar ng manila at alam na nila dun kung ano ang gagawin.

Actually, hawak daw niya ung original nung "Information sheet for live birth certificate registration" yun ba yung pinapasa sa Civil Registrar? Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital daw sa Manila. So punta na lang sa Civil Registrar sa Manila City Hall?

pwede.

Tax evasion may be defined as the act of reducing taxes by illegal or fraudulent means. Common practices of Tax evasion include:

under-reporting of income, over-statement of expenses, use of fictitious receipts, the keeping of double sets of books, false or fictitious entries in books, fictitious transactions in the name of dummies, non-recording of sales, and others.

Tax avoidance, on the other hand, involves the legal re-arrangements of one's economic activities in order to lower the tax liability. This is done by moving capital or labor to areas, geographical or otherwise, where tax rates are lower and/or by manipulating the tax parameters through the legal means to spread or defer the tax liability over time thereby effectively reducing the tax rate.

kung required siya sa ilalim ng batas na mag-file ng income tax return, at di siya nag-file, ito ay ilegal kung kaya't maari nating sabihin na ito ay tax evasion.

Note: kung nag-withhold naman ang employer niya ng tamang halaga ng income tax mula sa commission niya, mukhang walang tax evasion dun, dahil di na siya required mag-file ng ITR

I have a question. My friend had a job in a commission basis earning less than 10k a month and he didn't file for an income tax. He only stayed less than 8 months. Can that be consider as tax evasion? Thanks

Hello Legal Gurus,

A close friend of mine is working for a multinational company (A). Her company had an email audit and saw an email which appears to be in violation of her company’s policy on conflict of interest.

When I asked my friend her side of the story, she said that she was planning to offer consulting services to one of her clients. However, the consultant she was planning to use for the engagement is a freelance consultant. Under their company policy, their organization cannot deal directly with a freelance consultant. So she looked for a workaround, the work around she did was to talk to a friend who owns a consulting company (B). She will let her organization (A) coordinate with the consulting company (B) and the consulting company will pay the freelance consultant.

The issue is, the consulting company asked for the consultant’s TIN number so that they can properly file the correct taxes. The freelance consultant, however, found this set-up “complicated”. The freelance consultant only wanted to deal with my friend directly (in short, my friend will be the one to give the consultant the money).

Since my friend wanted to provide her client with this service, she coordinated with the consulting company and emailed her TIN number instead. This is the email that audit saw.

Now, her company’s HR, Legal and Audit department wrote her telling her that her actions were in violation of the company policy and they are asking her to explain why she shouldn’t be terminated. Her company gave her until Monday to send the written explanation.

I have never seen my friend so down and I want to help her. Can her company terminate her given the “violation”? And if ever she is terminated, is she entitled to any severance package? Any advise you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Miguel

pwede.

Tax evasion may be defined as the act of reducing taxes by illegal or fraudulent means. Common practices of Tax evasion include:

under-reporting of income, over-statement of expenses, use of fictitious receipts, the keeping of double sets of books, false or fictitious entries in books, fictitious transactions in the name of dummies, non-recording of sales, and others.

Tax avoidance, on the other hand, involves the legal re-arrangements of one's economic activities in order to lower the tax liability. This is done by moving capital or labor to areas, geographical or otherwise, where tax rates are lower and/or by manipulating the tax parameters through the legal means to spread or defer the tax liability over time thereby effectively reducing the tax rate.

kung required siya sa ilalim ng batas na mag-file ng income tax return, at di siya nag-file, ito ay ilegal kung kaya't maari nating sabihin na ito ay tax evasion.

Note: kung nag-withhold naman ang employer niya ng tamang halaga ng income tax mula sa commission niya, mukhang walang tax evasion dun, dahil di na siya required mag-file ng ITR

Ganun ba total of 6 months siya nagwork dun tapos wala na siyang work after that at ang alam ko may exception sa income tax kapag below something yun income mo. Siguro ang magiging kaso lang kung sakali ay hindi siya nagfile ng papers and not tax evasion. :goatee:

Who Are The Individuals Required To File Income Tax Returns:

* Resident citizens receiving income from sources within or outside the Philippines

- individuals deriving compensation income from 2 or more employers, concurrently or successively at anytime during the taxable year

- employees deriving compensation income regardless of the amount, whether from a single or several employers during the calendar year, the income tax of which has not been withheld correctly (i.e. tax due is not equal to the tax withheld) resulting to collectible or refundable return

- employees whose monthly gross compensation income does not exceed P5,000 or the statutory minimum wage, whichever is higher, and opted for non-withholding of tax on said income

- individuals deriving other non-business, non-professional related income in addition to compensation income not otherwise subject to a final tax

- individuals receiving purely compensation income from a single employer, although the income of which has been correctly withheld, but whose spouse is not entitled to substituted filing

kung wala siya dito, di siya kailangan magfile ng ITR. Note that for the exception that you mention (yung mababa lang ang sweldo), ang tinitingnan hindi kung magkano ang kinita mo buong taon kundi ang "monthly income" mo. kung ito ay P5,000 or less in a month or below the statutory minimum wage in a month, di na niya kailangan magfile ng ITR.

kung malaman ng BIR na di siya nagfile, nasa BIR kung ano ang ifa-file nila (kung meron man) laban sa kaibigan mo. kaya nga sabi ko PWEDENG tax evasion ang kaso (kasi nga iligal ang di pagfile ng ITR at ang tax evasion ay iligal na pamamaraan na pagpababa ng bayaring buwis), maari din naman na ang habulin lang nila ay ang non-filing of ITR (sa dami din naman ng taxpayer, baka nga di na mapansin yan).

Ganun ba total of 6 months siya nagwork dun tapos wala na siyang work after that at ang alam ko may exception sa income tax kapag below something yun income mo. Siguro ang magiging kaso lang kung sakali ay hindi siya nagfile ng papers and not tax evasion. :goatee:
Edited by rocco69

*mga sirs: tulong naman...

My employer is about to terminate me because they found a signed blank document in my file cabinet. It's a long story why I had that document. But they only found out about it because they broke my right to privacy and searched my file cabinet without my permission and knowledge. is it a valid grounds for termination? even if they broke another company rule(right to privacy) in order to question my integrity? please advice... thanks.

what company rule guarantees your right to privacy? how is this worded?

as it stands kasi, kung wala namang company rule saying that company file cabinets being used by employees cannot be searched by the company, your alleged "right to privacy" would depend on the Constitutional guarantee against unreasonable search and seizure as well as the privacy of communication and correspondence. kaugnay dito, sabi ng Korte Suprema sa Waterous Drug v. NLRC (280 SCRA 735 - labor case kung saan binuksan at tiningnan ang isang sulat na naka-address sa empleyado), na ang garantiyang ito ay nag-aaplay lang sa pamahalaan. In other words, ang kumpanya mo ay hindi nasasakop ng pagbabawal na ito. In fact, an employer, being the owner of the filing cabinets and other facilities in the workplace, has the exclusive right over these facilities and equipment, including the right to regulate their use (to include inspecting their contents).

note, however, that although they may not be held liable for violating your "right to privacy" under the Constitution, baka criminal or civil offense ito (ang pinaka-applicable na criminal offense ay Art. 390. Revised Penal Code, pero baka mahirapan kang patunayan ito kasi kailangan may intent to discover secrets dito. Sa civil naman, violation ng Art. 26, kaya lang sabi ko nga, may karapatan ang employer to regulate the use of file cabinets ng opisina kaya baka mahirapan ka ring ipanalo ito).

in conclusion, ang pag-asa mo na lamang ay kung may company rule on right to privacy at ito ay mas matimbang kesa sa violation mo. dun mo maaring i-invoke ang right to privacy mo. kung wala, me problema ka talaga.

moral lesson: wag magtago ng kung ano-anong bagay na maaring makasama sa iyo sa mata ng iyong employer sa opisina. also, wag gagamit ng company email sa mga bagay na ayaw mong malaman ng kumpanya, look at miguel1969's friend who used company e-mail in committing an act contrary to company policy, ayun, huling-dakip!

*mga sirs: tulong naman...

My employer is about to terminate me because they found a signed blank document in my file cabinet. It's a long story why I had that document. But they only found out about it because they broke my right to privacy and searched my file cabinet without my permission and knowledge. is it a valid grounds for termination? even if they broke another company rule(right to privacy) in order to question my integrity? please advice... thanks.