Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

tulonggggg

i have Norton antivirus and i want to install COD32 (thanks to XTC) hindi kaya mag conflict tong 2 anti virus na ito nortorn & cod? ok lang ba na install ko yong cod pero hndi ko na aalisin yong Norton?

Hindi ba NOD32? Usaully dapat isang antivirus lang dapat ang umaandar, kasi pagdalawa baka magkamalang virus or trojan yung isa, kung ayaw mong uninstall yung norton disable mo lahat ang services nya.

what can you do? - you have two choices here.

a. file for annulment of marriage - this is the more difficult one, but the benefits are better, since you can re-marry. there are different grounds where you might wanna check in the family code to make a good case of annulment. usually, parties use psychological incpacity.

b. file for legal separation - this is easier, but you cant re-marry. based on your story, domestic violence is a ground for legal separation.

what are your rights? - you can file a petition for annulment or legal separation. as to the properties, the court shall order liquidation should yourpetition be granted. however, under the law, the guilty spouse shall not receive any share especially if you got children.

what are her rights? - same as yours.

what are the conditions while the petition is in progress like financial obligations, etc. How much does it cost and howlong dos it take on average, for both options?

Do I need to go to eh police if Ive got beaten again? How many times should I report before I file a case?

Yup ur right PLDT alright

The other day I experienced myspeed going up as high as 1.5 mpbs when it was only supposed to be 768

Even on bandwith tests I get 1.5 mbps speed

Could it be a possibility that my modem is busted?

Ano chance na mabalik pa dati kong speeds?

Power cycling you mean turning off the modem and on again?

For how long?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, power cycling is turning your modem off and on again. Also, your area may be saturated with DSL lines already which is why you're only getting a measly download speed. Again, just try power cycling your DSL modem. You may need to do this a few times since it's completely random and also dependent on how many users are already connected and using the high bandwidth addresses. :headsetsmiley:

guys ano yung SMART WIFI? how does it work? eto ba yung using cellsites to transmit data? thanks.. curious lang ako.  eto ba yung without the constraints of staying near wireless spots?

Simply speaking, yes. Although there is still the constraint of staying within line of sight of the cell site in order to have a proper reception. :headsetsmiley:

tulonggggg

i have Norton antivirus and i want to install COD32 (thanks to XTC) hindi kaya mag conflict tong 2 anti virus na ito nortorn & cod? ok lang ba na install ko yong cod pero hndi ko na aalisin yong Norton?

COD32??? What the hell is that?!?!?! A fish?!?!?! :P

ay uu nga pala NOD32 ehehehehe ok ill try that.

Hehehe...I see...anyway I recommend you uninstall the big bloatware you have there going with the name Norton Antivirus and just rely completely on the great, powerful, supercallifragelisticxpcallidoscious NOD32...(forgive my spelling...just relying on memory...) :headsetsmiley:

Did Some Powercycles and so far its getting back but still unstable

Here are the results R@ven from what I did at Globequest Bandwith test

First test

1086.94400 kbps 

Second test

1054.25760 kbps

May I ask what casued this in the first place?

I Hope this is permanent

Can you enter your DSL modem's configuration page? (just type it's IP address on any browser...) If so, then I suggest checking your DSL line's connection speed from there. If it says that it connected at the speed you're supposed to be connecting at, then the problem's with PLDT itself usually because of too many DSL connections in the area with only one or two backbone connections to the internet. What happens then is that the bandwidth fluctuates over a period of time. Try contacting PLDT about this and mention what methods you have already used to ensure that it's not a problem on your end. It doesn't ensure though that your speeds will increase since PLDT DSL, I think, doesn't offer a CIR (Committed Information Rate) for your DSL package. (I think they only offer this for business packages...) :headsetsmiley:

Ok

Weird kasi sa ibang Bandwith test sutes like Cnet 400kbps lang pero sa pldt at globe eh 1mb labo nga eh

I'll try what u said

Edited

I Downloaded a 300 MB file,

First it starts off as 100kB/s then 80, then goes down to 50, then 20

Stil gonna test it more

Fluctuating sobra

:blink:

ok, website bandwidth checking is never accurate. here's an example

your pc --> area servers --> PLDT servers -->singapore --> whereever routes --> CNET webpage.

your pc --> area servers --> PLDT servers -->pldt play webpage.

the routing from your pc to cnet might cause some lag, so as far as web bandwidth checks goes it's less accurate.

now for downloading that 300mb file it's called packet burst where you clicked on download and the server you're downloading from already sent the file but a bottleneck from your end prevents the file from getting downloaded so the packets would start to file up on PLDT's servers and the moment the bottleneck is removed would suddenly flood your PC giving you the download speed of 100kb then 75 then 50 etc... stabilizing at 20kbps which is your standard download speed.

anyway if your download speed is erratic 2 possible reasons are

1. the source of the file has maxed bandwidth and could only provide you with.. 20kb of download per second.

2. there's a problem with pldt's servers on your area that limits your bandwidth, best solution is to call their technical support to manually check your connection.

other times antivirus, firewalls, trojans, viruses might also be the one affecting your downloads (specially microsoft update which reserves 20% of your total bandwidth to update itself, turn this off after downloading the XP patches.)

ako nmn may question...

what is asp.net machine? db isang language to? and why does it has its own user account sa computer ko? (named as it is) it is a limited account but its password protected....pero you cant login to it. havent deleted the account kasi baka may masira or something.

it simply means you have the .NET framework installed in your computer, the asp.net account requires it's own user account to work properly.

asp.net is more of a technology rather than a language (languages are visual basic, c#, c++, java etc.)

it's actually safe to delete the asp.net account since it's mainly used by IIS so you could host/debug asp.net webpages on your machine.

I keep getting Virtual Memory too low! I already ended up  uneccesary programs in the task tray and system processes .I am only running 3 programs.Mozilla,MSN and SKype and i usually get that stupid msg! Will buying an external video card free up some space in my RAM?

whoa, ok i doubt buying a new video card would solve your problems, i suggest running an anti-virus first to check if your PC is clean or better yet just reinstall your OS, more or less either virtual memory settings was changed or you have some nasty spyware/virus on your PC

hey house, this is weebee on the guilds.ph boards, nice to see a fellow GW player on this board :D

hehe.. nice! medyo OT tayo dito bro. yep! GW rocks!

para hindi OT:

pareng raven does this work the same way how cellphone gets signal thru a cellsite the same way when I'm on the go using a laptop i'd still have internet connection as long as there is SMART signal?

ako so far ala naman ako naging major problem with wifi. nung minsan lang talagang nagdown ang server ng meridian at bobing talaga tech support nila. pinamukha ko sa kanilang IT guy din ako at di nila ako pedeng paikut ikutin.

ma susuggest ko lang sa mga naka wifi.... hingi kayo ng MRTG access para makita nyo usage nyo at makita nyo kung tama ang bandwidth na binibigay sa inyo. Once na bagsak ang bigay nila pede kayo mag demand na wag bayaran sila kung magpapadiskonek na kayo  ;)

pare meridian ka ba? sa office namin nag subscribe kami ng meridian and service nila really sucks, they've been down for two days already. may subscription contract ba sa kanila?

ah ok.. hindi ba pwede yung on the move ka? yung kahit nasa sasakyan ka naka hook up ka pa rin just using cellsite signal? hehe.. thanks parekoy!

how much yung SMART WIFI?

900 something per month ang 128kbps

may nabibili atang prepaid card na yung wifi na mobile, kailangan mo lang yung required hardware.

chaka may service din ang PLDT jan, WeRoam ang pangalan :)

bump ko lang to di ko ma gets eh kung sino may APC UPS pls help

Guys I have another question sana ok lang

Im using a APC 500VA UPS

It has 3 sockets (If im not mistaken)

1 for Voltage Regulation w/ out battery backup & 2 with battery backup

And I plugged one connection to the one w/o battery backup in other words voltage regulator lang pag namatay kuryente di na online pc ko..

But once in a while, like last night, there came 4 beeps every 30 seconds from the UPS, which in turn I checked the site of APC for troubleshooting

Sabi kasi dun sa site nila pag ganyan daw ung alarm;

it means the UPS is using battery power.

Pero nagtataka ako, why would it use battery power when hinde naman nag brownout at nakakabit sa voltage regulator lang ng UPS ung wire from my PC power supply

Unless na walang current na dumadaloy from the socket itself sa wall

So what I did was just turned off the UPS and used PC without UPS;

wala din AVR. Hinde ba risky to?

Last question, why do you think this would happen? Di lang ngayon nangyari eh dati minsan din to mangyari. Something wrong with the UPS?

I dont think kasi about 3 months old lang to and di naman siya generic.

Wall socket problem?

bump ko lang to di ko ma gets eh kung sino may APC UPS pls help

Guys I have another question sana ok lang

Im using a APC 500VA UPS

It has 3 sockets (If im not mistaken)

1 for Voltage Regulation w/ out battery backup & 2 with battery backup

And I plugged one connection to the one w/o battery backup in other words voltage regulator lang pag namatay kuryente di na online pc ko..

But once in a while, like last night, there came 4 beeps every 30 seconds from the UPS, which in turn I checked the site of APC for troubleshooting

Sabi kasi dun sa site nila pag ganyan daw ung alarm;

it means the UPS is using battery power.

Pero nagtataka ako, why would it use battery power when hinde naman nag brownout at nakakabit sa voltage regulator lang ng UPS ung wire from my PC power supply

Unless na walang current na dumadaloy from the socket itself sa wall

So what I did was just turned off the UPS and used PC without UPS;

wala din AVR. Hinde ba risky to?

Last question, why do you think this would happen? Di lang ngayon nangyari eh dati minsan din to mangyari. Something wrong with the UPS?

I dont think kasi about 3 months old lang to and di naman siya generic.

Wall socket problem?

siguro nga may sira ang ups mo. but using the pc without an avr...medyo risky nga kasi ung electricity is not really regulated. walang avr na magreregulate ng current at ung current deretso sa computer mismo. pwedeng masira lalo na ung mobo mo. thats why may mga avr ung comp ntn.

paayos or pacheck mo ups and dont risk using the pc without the any avr or ups.