Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

ITO PO AY PROBLEMA NG MGA MALILIIT NA MANGI-NGISDA SA AMIN SA BALAYAN BAY...UNA PA MANG PANAHON AY NANGI-NGISDA NA KAMI SA PARTING KARAGATAN NG CALATAGAN,BATANGAS..SIMULA NG MAG LGU'S AY BAWAT PAPASOK KAMI SA CALATAGAN(SAKOP PA RIN NG BALAYAN BAY)AY HINUHULI,IKUKULONG AT PINAGMU-MULTA ITONG MGA POBRENG MANGI-NGISDA NA ISANG KAHIG,ISANG TUKA..KUNG KAMI PO KAYA AY KUKUHA NG SARILI NAMING LAWYER PARA IDEPENSA KAMI SA PALAGAY NYO BA AY MATUTULUNGAN ITONG ATING MGA KABABAYAN..

Unfortunately, local government units are given police power within their respective jurisdictions which they can exercise to protect the environment, including the power to issue permits and collect fees. It might be better to take this up with the local government unit first, if fishing is your source of livelihood or look for an NGO who can champion your cause.

Unfortunately, local government units are given police power within their respective jurisdictions which they can exercise to protect the environment, including the power to issue permits and collect fees. It might be better to take this up with the local government unit first, if fishing is your source of livelihood or look for an NGO who can champion your cause.

THANK U FOR IMM. REPLY DR PEPPER..MALAKI ANG NILIKHANG PROBLEMA NG GOBYERNONG ITO..DAPAT BAGO SILA MAG SA-BATAS AY MAG PUBLIC HEARING MUNA..MASAKIT ITO SA AMING MGA TAGA BALAYAN,BATANGAS..KATABING BUNDOK AY CALATAGAN,SO ANG NANGYAYARI NGAYON AY WALA NANG SAKOP NA DAGAT ANG BALAYAN,KAYA KAWAWA ITONG MGA POBRENG MANGI-NGISDA NA SA DAGAT LANG UMA-ASA..AT ITO NAMANG NAMUMUNO NG BAYAN NG CALATAGAN AY PATULOY ANG PAG-AMPON NG MGA VISAYAN FISHERMAN NA ANG GINAGAMIT NA PANGISDA AY "SALOT"SA KARAGATAN AT KALIKASAN(OVERFISHING & FISH POISONING).DALAWANG BARANGAY NA NG MGA DAYUHAN ANG AMPON NG MAYOR NG BAYANG ITO,KAYA SA DARATING NA BOTOHAN SUREWINNER..HARANG NG MGA SALOT NA ITO ANG PASUKAN NG ISDA GOING TO BALAYAN AND BATANGAS BAY,AT MISMONG SA LOOB NG BALAYAN NAG O-OPERATED,KAYA YON DATING YEAROUND NA HANAPBUHAY SA DAGAT DI PA TUMAGAL NA ONE MONTH NGAYON...ANYWAY MR PEPPER,SALAMAT ULIT AT BAKA MAY MAGAGAWA PANG PARAAN...

question po.

yung sister ko may credit card. dati niya akong extension. but i stopped using the card about 5 years ago.

ngayon apparently may kino-collect na bill sa sister ko.

kaya lang sa akin tumatawag. malay ko ba dun.

meron po ba akong magagawa para hindi ako ang kulitin nila?

hingi lang ako advise on the matter po ng house for rent..

nagre-rent po ako ng isang bahay tapos itong may-ari pinapaalis kami and my letter pa siya ng abogado nya....ang alam ko may karapatan din naman ang tenant

regarding this matter since sa part naman po namin eh di naman kami nade-delay sa pag-bayad...on time kami mag-bayad..

dun po sa letter nung abogado nya eh wala naman reason kung bakit kami pinaaalis...

tanung ku lang po kung hangang what amount ung small claims court

meron po kase umutang sa aken na 100k++ and nde na binayaran

nung tinanung ko po sa pulis sa munisipyo civil case daw po ito hindi daw estafa

sana masagot po dito ang tanung ko salamat po

I think the threshold is 100K. Beyond that is no longer covered by the small claims court. You may click on the link I provided a few posts back.

hingi lang ako advise on the matter po ng house for rent..

nagre-rent po ako ng isang bahay tapos itong may-ari pinapaalis kami and my letter pa siya ng abogado nya....ang alam ko may karapatan din naman ang tenant

regarding this matter since sa part naman po namin eh di naman kami nade-delay sa pag-bayad...on time kami mag-bayad..

dun po sa letter nung abogado nya eh wala naman reason kung bakit kami pinaaalis...

Nag expire na po ba ang contract? If nag expire na, then I'm afraid wala po kayong magagawa. Pag expired na po ang lease contract, di naman po pwedeng pilitin ang owner na ipa renta pa yung property nya.

If di pa po expired ang contract, may karapatan po kayo mag reklamo. Pwede lamang po ipa terminate ng owner ang lease contract if di po kayo nag babayad ng renta, or nag violate ng terms and conditions ng lease agreement.

question po.

yung sister ko may credit card. dati niya akong extension. but i stopped using the card about 5 years ago.

ngayon apparently may kino-collect na bill sa sister ko.

kaya lang sa akin tumatawag. malay ko ba dun.

meron po ba akong magagawa para hindi ako ang kulitin nila?

You're not a party to the contract, and therefore, cannot be held liable by the credit card company.

Explain that to them. If matigas pa rin, sindakan na lang. hehe.

Sec. 8 of R.A. 8972 states that "In addition to leave privileges under existing laws, parental leave of not more than seven (7) working days every year shall be granted to any solo parent employee who has rendered service of at least one (1) year."

Clearly, solo parent's leave is in addition to the legally required leaves, which are Service Incentive Leave, SSS Sick Leave, SSS maternity Leave, and the Paternity Leave.

Notably, vacation leave and sick leave are not required by law. These may just be voluntary company policy or the result of collective bargaining. Hence, the company may try to substitute the solo parent's leave for the sick leaves which they are now providing.

However, note that Art. 100 of the Labor Code prohibits the elimination or diminution of benefits currently being received by the employee. Thus, it may be argued by the employee that to charge the sick leave currently being provided by the company to the solo parent's leave would be a diminution of benefits.

Ultimately, the labor arbiter/courts would have to decide this issue. In other words, baka magka-matigasan kayo ng employer mo.

Hi :)

I would just like to know whether the Solo Parent Leave should be separate from the emergency leaves(sick leaves) provided by the company. Thanks in advance.

Mandatory OT in callcenters has been a common practice.Is it legal?

As a rule, a person cannot be compelled/forced to do something he does not want to do. that will be tantamount to involuntary servitude (a mild form of slavery). However, there are exceptions provided by law, one of which pertains to employment. The Labor Code provides:

ARTICLE 89. Emergency overtime work. — Any employee may be required by the employer to perform overtime work in any of the following cases:

(a) When the country is at war or when any other national or local emergency has been declared by Congress or the Chief Executive;

(B) When it is necessary to prevent loss of life or property or in case of imminent danger to public safety due to an actual or impending emergency in the locality caused by serious accidents, fire, flood, typhoon, earthquake, epidemic, or other disaster or calamity;

© When there is urgent work to be performed on machines, installations or equipment, in order to avoid serious loss or damage to the employer or some other cause of similar nature;

(d) When the work is necessary to prevent loss or damage to perishable goods; and

(e) Where the completion or continuation of the work started before the eight hour is necessary to prevent serious obstruction or prejudice to the business or operations of the employer.

Any employee required to render overtime work under this Article shall be paid the additional compensation required in this Chapter.

Ayan, sinipag nko mag research. hehe

Edited by swami

Good day to all the legal gurus. Here’s a scenario: Anna accused Brian of rape. Both are of legal age. She reported the rape to barangay officials 5 hours after the alleged rape. The barangay officials went to the place where Brian was, conducted a warrantless arrest and delivered Brian to police authorities. Inquest is ongoing. What is the best strategy.

1.Would it be better to request for preliminary investigation which would entail executing a waiver of article 125 of RPC.? In this particular course of action, is Brian also waiving his right to question the validity of the warrantless arrest? Would he be released from detention if he makes this course of action? (is this the same strategy made by the alabang boys’ lawyers, i.e. request for preliminary investigation/waiver of article 125 of RPC)

or

2.Would it be better to just let the information be filed in court and Brian just file a motion to quash information before arraignment on the grounds of lack of jurisdiction over the person of the accused because of invalid warrantless arrest?

Thank you so much for your time.

Mga bossing. patulong po. I am a working student, nagttrabaho ako sa isang call center sa RCBC tower sa makati. ito po yung konting backround. Na

hire nila ako noong MAY of 2008 as a US directory assistant csr, all of my teammates and my team manager knows that i am a working student. luckily

yung shift ko eh hindi conflict sa school. Then come december nagexpand yung isa nilang account ito yung PIZZA HUT account and a lot of US directory

assistant was transfered there including me which i think ok lang as long as walang conflict which is true, walang conflict. smooth ang trabaho and i think

maganda yung performance ko, then dumating yung first semester of 2009, ang schedule ko sa school is from 6 to 9 pm from monday till saturday and

currently that time ang schedule ko sa work is 1am till 10am. Just for the sake na hindi naman ako masyado mapagod, nagrequest ako for schedule

change, And the ACCM (assistant call center manager)(next to the highest position) of the PIZZAHUT account approved it. so from the start of the

semester till now my schedule is from 6am till 3pm which is very ideal. HERES NOW THE CONFLICT, pizahut account decided to transfer their 30 csr to

the UK account. I am included in the transfer. Training starts on OCTOBER 12 2009 at 3pm till 12am, My finals will also start october 12 - 17 2009 from

6-9pm. I have raised this matter and informed them that why would they allow me to have good schedules and allow me to study this semester if come

finals they wont allow me to take it. The only respond that i am getting is i need to attend the training on OCTOBER 12 or face the consequences. If i

resign can this be considered constructive dismissal? i love my work and i also want to finish my studies and i dont want to lose both. any advice?

thanks.

Mga bossing. patulong po. I am a working student, nagttrabaho ako sa isang call center sa RCBC tower sa makati. ito po yung konting backround. Na

hire nila ako noong MAY of 2008 as a US directory assistant csr, all of my teammates and my team manager knows that i am a working student. luckily

yung shift ko eh hindi conflict sa school. Then come december nagexpand yung isa nilang account ito yung PIZZA HUT account and a lot of US directory

assistant was transfered there including me which i think ok lang as long as walang conflict which is true, walang conflict. smooth ang trabaho and i think

maganda yung performance ko, then dumating yung first semester of 2009, ang schedule ko sa school is from 6 to 9 pm from monday till saturday and

currently that time ang schedule ko sa work is 1am till 10am. Just for the sake na hindi naman ako masyado mapagod, nagrequest ako for schedule

change, And the ACCM (assistant call center manager)(next to the highest position) of the PIZZAHUT account approved it. so from the start of the

semester till now my schedule is from 6am till 3pm which is very ideal. HERES NOW THE CONFLICT, pizahut account decided to transfer their 30 csr to

the UK account. I am included in the transfer. Training starts on OCTOBER 12 2009 at 3pm till 12am, My finals will also start october 12 - 17 2009 from

6-9pm. I have raised this matter and informed them that why would they allow me to have good schedules and allow me to study this semester if come

finals they wont allow me to take it. The only respond that i am getting is i need to attend the training on OCTOBER 12 or face the consequences. If i

resign can this be considered constructive dismissal? i love my work and i also want to finish my studies and i dont want to lose both. any advice?

thanks.

While I sympathize with you, I would suppose your contract with the call center gives them the prerogative to change your workshift. If there's a conflict with your studies, you will have to choose between your job or your schooling. My advice is to take the finals, write a letter to your HR why you will be missing the training and face the consequences (I would choose studies over work if it came to that, there will always be other jobs.)

ood day po mga bossing. bago lang po ako dito sa MTC.

hingi lang po sana ako ng advice kung:

magkano ang annulment?

ano po ba mga kelangan ko ihanda?

ano po mga grounds na pwede?

well year 2000 ako kinasal. 20 y/o pa lang po ako nun.

kinasal kami kasi nauntis ko sya. well ginusto namin parehas.

muntik kami hindi matuloy kasi that time wala ako pera nun. nasa pangasinan sya nun. umuwi ako kasi akala ko tulungan ako ng parents ko. well ok naman sana. nakapag seminar na kami. pinauwi ako para pagbalik ko dun ay kasama ko na nanay ko at mga magnininang. gusto sana ipaurong ang kasal kasi tuesday nakaset ang kasal. marami ang hindi makakaattend. ayaw pumayag nung sa side nung babae kasi hindi daw pwede na ipaurong ang sched. nagalit sila kasi akala nila ayaw kami ipakasal. ang sa side ko lang kasi may pasok that time kaya pinapaurong. hanggang dumating ang puntong sinabi ng side ng girl na pag hindi ko daw pinakasalan ang anak nila. bahala daw kung may mangyaring masama sa anak nila. in the end 3 lang kami ng tropa ako nakabalik. mga proxy kasi sila. nung ikakasal na. ayaw pumayag nung sa munisipyo. kasi walang pirma ang magulang ko. that time kasi nasa abroad ang tatay ko. ayaw naman pumunta ng nanay ko kasi wala sya makakasama. ang ginawa ng magulang ng asawa ko noon, pinapirma ang "TITA" daw nya. parental consent daw yun. kasi sinabi namin na may sakit ang nanay ko. pinapirma naman yung tita.

legal din po kaya yun?

well after mag 1 year ng anak namin. nagkahiwalay kami dahil sa financial problem.

8 years na ang total ng taon na hindi kami nagkakasama. nung 3 years pumunta sya sa bahay. para aregluhin daw na magkapirmahan sa brgy na magkahiwalay na kami.

hindi naman pwede yun di ba?

sa 8 years na yun. mgrant kaya agad ang annulment namin?

sana po ay matulungan nyo ako.

nga po pala may gf ako ngayon na minsan dito umuuwi sa amin. tanggap nya ako. willing naman sya maghintay ng annulment ko.

ano po sa tingin nyo?

salamat po and may god bless you.

Good day to all the legal gurus. Here’s a scenario: Anna accused Brian of rape. Both are of legal age. She reported the rape to barangay officials 5 hours after the alleged rape. The barangay officials went to the place where Brian was, conducted a warrantless arrest and delivered Brian to police authorities. Inquest is ongoing. What is the best strategy.

1.Would it be better to request for preliminary investigation which would entail executing a waiver of article 125 of RPC.? In this particular course of action, is Brian also waiving his right to question the validity of the warrantless arrest? Would he be released from detention if he makes this course of action? (is this the same strategy made by the alabang boys’ lawyers, i.e. request for preliminary investigation/waiver of article 125 of RPC)

or

2.Would it be better to just let the information be filed in court and Brian just file a motion to quash information before arraignment on the grounds of lack of jurisdiction over the person of the accused because of invalid warrantless arrest?

Thank you so much for your time.

Dude, either you're a law student, or a lawyer. I think this thread is for the benefit of those who are not well verse with the law. So i suggest you discuss the best strategy with your prof. or fellow lawyers. I hope you understand my point.

ood day po mga bossing. bago lang po ako dito sa MTC.

hingi lang po sana ako ng advice kung:

magkano ang annulment?

ano po ba mga kelangan ko ihanda?

ano po mga grounds na pwede?

well year 2000 ako kinasal. 20 y/o pa lang po ako nun.

kinasal kami kasi nauntis ko sya. well ginusto namin parehas.

muntik kami hindi matuloy kasi that time wala ako pera nun. nasa pangasinan sya nun. umuwi ako kasi akala ko tulungan ako ng parents ko. well ok naman sana. nakapag seminar na kami. pinauwi ako para pagbalik ko dun ay kasama ko na nanay ko at mga magnininang. gusto sana ipaurong ang kasal kasi tuesday nakaset ang kasal. marami ang hindi makakaattend. ayaw pumayag nung sa side nung babae kasi hindi daw pwede na ipaurong ang sched. nagalit sila kasi akala nila ayaw kami ipakasal. ang sa side ko lang kasi may pasok that time kaya pinapaurong. hanggang dumating ang puntong sinabi ng side ng girl na pag hindi ko daw pinakasalan ang anak nila. bahala daw kung may mangyaring masama sa anak nila. in the end 3 lang kami ng tropa ako nakabalik. mga proxy kasi sila. nung ikakasal na. ayaw pumayag nung sa munisipyo. kasi walang pirma ang magulang ko. that time kasi nasa abroad ang tatay ko. ayaw naman pumunta ng nanay ko kasi wala sya makakasama. ang ginawa ng magulang ng asawa ko noon, pinapirma ang "TITA" daw nya. parental consent daw yun. kasi sinabi namin na may sakit ang nanay ko. pinapirma naman yung tita.

legal din po kaya yun?

well after mag 1 year ng anak namin. nagkahiwalay kami dahil sa financial problem.

8 years na ang total ng taon na hindi kami nagkakasama. nung 3 years pumunta sya sa bahay. para aregluhin daw na magkapirmahan sa brgy na magkahiwalay na kami.

hindi naman pwede yun di ba?

sa 8 years na yun. mgrant kaya agad ang annulment namin?

sana po ay matulungan nyo ako.

nga po pala may gf ako ngayon na minsan dito umuuwi sa amin. tanggap nya ako. willing naman sya maghintay ng annulment ko.

ano po sa tingin nyo?

salamat po and may god bless you.

Sir, we have a separate thread for queries on annulment. Some of your queries have already been answered there. I suggest you read them. Maikli pa lang naman yung thread.

Now, to your main question: the fact that your marriage with your wife was without the consent of your parents does not mean it is invalid. While it is true that marriages contracted by individuals below 21 years of age (but at least 18) are voidable for lack of parental consent, said defect may be ratified if the person, upon reaching 21, freely cohabited with other. In your case, you got married when you were 20, then got separated from your wife when your child turned 1 years old. By then, you were already 22 years old. Therefore, you had already ratified the defect when you cohabited your wife for 1 year.

Your separation of 8 years may be a case for psychological incapacity. Again, i suggest you read the thread on annulment, to inform yourself on the nature of psychological incapacity.