Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Guest Leviticus
wise pabang magpalit ng sound card? diba its not necessary naman right? kahit built in ok na

sad to say but you need to change your soundcard too

i remember back then hindi gumagana ang sound ng latest na tomb raider because kulang ang specs ng soundcard ko

hi legal experts!

i just read a security memo about carjacking, it says that sometimes the victims are stopped by people wearing official uniforms of government agencies, ie. PNP, TMG etc. they persuade the victim to get out of his/her car on this and that charge and then "confiscate" the vehicle. so this got me to thinking...

what is the proper thing to do when you are stopped by men in uniform? the assumption here is that you know you've done nothing wrong, they just stopped you for no apparent reason.

what laws protect you from maltreatment?

what can you legally do and not do?

this would be a HUGE help for motorists if the MTC lawyers reply to this, thanks

Car Riding MTC:

Hitomi's observation is true... there had been several car jacking incidents involving the above kind of modus operandi. So what should we do?

1. if flagged down and the person signalling you to stop are not in uniformed officers, ignore...even if you see them as armed, they will not shot you if you are not a target of an assasination. proceed right away to the nearest police station if they insist in following you.

2. if they blocked your road, do not go down... of course you have a fully charged cellfone, call right away a friend or a police station or a police hotline and tell them your car is being car-jacked and you're in the middle of it.

3. if these un uniformed men approached you, while your road is blocked, roll your driver's window only a bit, enough for you to hear what the people outside are saying and for you to talk back to them... never give an opening for a barrel of a gun or a granade or a tear gas or any explosive devise to be thrown inside your car. Do not go out of your car!!!

4. If you are being flagged down by uniformed police officers while driving, heed, but as much as possible stop in a roadside where trhere are a lot of people who can see you and be potential witnesses.

5. Do not go out of the car IF NOT REQUIRED, just roll your window a bit and politely inquire why are you being flagged down.

7. if you sense that the reason is flimsy, or if unsure, tell them that you have to drive to the nearest police station.

8. if they require you to come down and aim a gun at your car, immediately stop your engine, get the car key, just hold it in your hands. Inquire hwy you are being required to come down.

9. if they try to ask for the key of your car THROW YOUR CAR KEY AS FAR AS YOUR STRENGTH CAN in way that it will not be recovered or found. Do not resist arrest

10. while parked and about to board your car, take a few seconds or minutes to look around and see if there are people within 50 meter radius, size them up use your instinct of preservation. if you feel there are bad elements around do not proceed to your car right away, do some diversionary movements and try to observe.

11. if disembarking from your car, DO NOT DISEMBARK RIGHT AWAY, try to look around and determine if your environment is clear before dis embarking.

12. if you have a driver, never allow your driver to stay in your car while it is parked...

13. Always keep your car locked--- in motion or stationary.

14. in case of doubt when flagged down or acosted by police oficers and you know you have no traffic infraction, or you acquired your car legitimately, and they ask for your key, THROW YOUR CAR KEY AS FAR AS YOUR STRENGTH CAN.

15. WAG TATANGA-TANGA!!! BE CALM, ALWAYS HAVE A PRESENCE OF MIND AND TAKE A VIVID LOOK AT ALL THOSE MEN WHO REQUIRED YOU TO STOP, LOOK FOR SOME SIGNS OF THEIR INDIVIDUAL IDENTIFICATION. BUT DONT BE RUDE TO THEM.

Simple tips from Butsoy

Mr H owns a Condo unit in San Juan.

It is in his name.

He wants to transfer the title to his son, W.

What documents and/or payments are needed before the title is transferred by the RD?

Offhand, I can think of:

1. Deed of Donation

2. Donor's Tax

3. Transfer Tax

4. Tax Clearance

5. Tax Declaration

Is there any other option for him to transfer the title without having to incur major expenses?

Inquire ko kung ang limewire ba malakas kumain ng bandwidth? like let say 6 units using the internet dsl connection at the same time, i notice kasi na naglalag ang iba although naka power switch CNET CSH 2400 naman siya.

Hi thunderboy,

basically it depends on the transfer they are making (i.e. the number of downloads they are making in each pc and the uploads being made by their limewire account). If you haven't configured each limewire account to have a max upload and download bandwidth then they tend to use all possible resources. Suggestion is to set a limit to the number of downloads to 3 for example in this way your traffic will be controlled somehow. I just don't remember if you are able to set a password for such settings, baka bigla lang i-clear ng user yung config mo then useless din.

Another possibility is to allocate specific bandwidth to each pc on your network so that no one user can hog all of the resources at a time. you can check out http://www.bandwidthcontroller.com to get an idea on how this works personally I don't have a thorough knowledge on this product.

Best Regards

Inquire ko kung ang limewire ba malakas kumain ng bandwidth? like let say 6 units using the internet dsl connection at the same time, i notice kasi na naglalag ang iba although naka power switch CNET CSH 2400 naman siya.

forgot to add that your switch CNET CSH2400 has nothing to do with the bandwidth problems you are experiencing. :)

Regards again

Inquire lang ako mga lawyers:

It is legal to compute for 13th month pay with cut off, for e.g. they have a cut of Nov. 15 so if you started Jan 1, the 13th month will be computed as 10.5/12 x your basic salary. I think the employer is taking advantage of the money that yo have earned di ba? pa-confirm naman mga lawyers natin dyan thanks..

Car Riding MTC:

Hitomi's observation is true... there had been several car jacking incidents involving the above kind of modus operandi. So what should we do?

1.  if flagged down and the person signalling you to stop are not in uniformed officers, ignore...even if you see them as armed, they will not shot you if you are not a target of an assasination.  proceed right away to the nearest police station if they insist in following you.

15.  WAG TATANGA-TANGA!!! BE CALM, ALWAYS HAVE A PRESENCE OF MIND AND TAKE A VIVID LOOK AT ALL THOSE MEN WHO REQUIRED YOU TO STOP, LOOK FOR SOME SIGNS OF THEIR INDIVIDUAL IDENTIFICATION. BUT DONT BE RUDE TO THEM.

Simple tips from Butsoy

Further to the eminent Butsoy's advice, I add the following:

The PNP has specific rules on checkpoints. The area must be well lit, clearly identified as a checkpoint with a certain number of personnel performing similar functions and not just two or three people... The personnel manning the same have uniforms with their nameplates and IDs visible...their vehicles must be clearly identified and their command post within sight of the checkpoint area...

Now if you run into poseurs, be sure to park at the nearest well lit area...ask politely the reason for the order to flag down...be very aware of their actions...

Or better yet, try to use major thoroughfares for your midnight rendezvous...just to be safe do check in so you won't encounter an illegal checkpoint...

just my two cents...

Expert advise please....

Got a Computer Shop and Im plannign to include E-load and Auto Load. Then I saw the ads at Marketplace for a new Retailer sim that can Load almost all card e-load, Autoload, Sun, land line Call cards, Prepaid cards, internet cards and game card. I see these favorable to me because I can hit all those market in one steal especially my game card na tulog talaga ang pera lalo na pag di nabenta. Check their website at www.megaloadph.com seems ok and already asked about the terms and condition and how does it work.

My only problem i want to know if it is legal or a racket. How can I check ther business legalities? In able to register to them I must deposit 250 + (500 consumable) to their bank account thats my problem is what if this is a racket and after depositing 750 pesos to their account and nothing happens? That's bad news right? Im also planning to visit their place at makati to check their business permit etc etc.

What do you guys think i should do? Tried to check their business name DTI website but I dont know their exact business name I tried Megaload, MEGA Load, MEGA PINOY INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS COMPANY as I read on the lower part of their website yet cant find it. San ba pede malaman kung genuine loading company? Di naman siguro sila endorsed by Smart or Globe.

Plase help...

Prespirit26

Mr H owns a Condo unit in San Juan.

It is in his name.

He wants to transfer the title to his son, W.

What documents and/or payments are needed before the title is transferred by the RD?

Offhand, I can think of:

1. Deed of Donation

2. Donor's Tax

3. Transfer Tax

4. Tax Clearance

5. Tax Declaration

Is there any other option for him to transfer the title without having to incur major expenses?

check also if the condo corp requires certain fees or applications when transferring the property...and try to deterine the city assessor's valuation of the property...this deterines how much tax one is to pay...

there's a whole process when paying the tax...Ask the RDO...since it is a donation, there are few options for tax avoidance rather than resort to tax evasion...

Guys, i need help. Meron b s inyo nakakaalam how to partition a hard drive without using a 3rd party software. I got a laptop kc n ndi partitioned ang maindrive. Gusto ko sana i-partition para para magkaroon ng D drive and I can still use the original OEM n OS. My friend recommended using Fdisk.exe na nsa start-up floppy ng Win98 pero sabi nya eh after partitioning and using the system recovery CD of the laptop, babalik sya s pagiging un-partitioned so he just recommended using partition magic. Possible b yun gusto ko gawin?? :unsure: :(

Guys, i need help. Meron b s inyo nakakaalam how to partition a hard drive without using a 3rd party software. I got a laptop kc n ndi partitioned ang maindrive. Gusto ko sana i-partition para para magkaroon ng D drive and I can still use the original OEM n OS. My friend recommended using Fdisk.exe na nsa start-up floppy ng Win98 pero sabi nya eh after partitioning and using the system recovery CD of the laptop, babalik sya s pagiging un-partitioned so he just recommended using partition magic. Possible b yun gusto ko gawin??  :unsure:  :(

ano ba ung laptop mo? sa HP laptops and Recovery CDs kasi, you can have the option to partition the hard drive yourself..

Guys, i need help. Meron b s inyo nakakaalam how to partition a hard drive without using a 3rd party software. I got a laptop kc n ndi partitioned ang maindrive. Gusto ko sana i-partition para para magkaroon ng D drive and I can still use the original OEM n OS. My friend recommended using Fdisk.exe na nsa start-up floppy ng Win98 pero sabi nya eh after partitioning and using the system recovery CD of the laptop, babalik sya s pagiging un-partitioned so he just recommended using partition magic. Possible b yun gusto ko gawin??  :unsure:  :(

dude, using FDISK u need to reformat ur PC.. so unless u have backup ur files and the time to reinstall all ur programs, u can stick w/ that utility. You should try Partition Magic since you can partition ur HD w/o reformatting. anyways if you don't want to use the program you can just uninstall it to save the space..

hope this helps ;)

dude, using FDISK u need to reformat ur PC.. so unless u have backup ur files and the time to reinstall all ur programs, u can stick w/ that utility. You should try Partition Magic since you can partition ur HD w/o reformatting. anyways if you don't want to use the program you can just uninstall it to save the space..

hope this helps ;)

formatting the HD is no problem kasi nakapag-back-up n nmn ako ng data. ang concern ko lng ay if i use FDISK and then ndi din nagawa, syang lng oras.... i downloaded a trial version ng partition magic s net pero ndi nmn gumagana. you need to buy the full version daw.... wala man lng trial period... :grr: :grr: :( :(

older version n sya ng Compaq Evo series . nung ginamit ko n yung recovery CD, wlang lumabas n option to partition the HD. After matpos yung system restore, drive C lng sya. tried sa disk management pero ndi possible..  :(

ah that's the problem with older Compaq models.. with your situation and what you want to happen, its either:

1. use the recovery CDs, then use 3rd party partitioning software or;

2. use FDISK to partition, but you wont be able to use the laptop's recovery CDs.. :)

formatting the HD is no problem kasi nakapag-back-up n nmn ako ng data. ang concern ko lng ay if i use FDISK and then ndi din nagawa, syang lng oras.... i downloaded a trial version ng partition magic s net pero ndi nmn gumagana. you need to buy the full version daw.... wala man lng trial period...  :grr:  :grr:  :(  :(

wag ka basta basta gamit ng pirated and trial version ng mga ganyang software.. naka experience na ako dati, disgrasya ang data ng customer dahil sa ganyan.. :grr: buti na lang nagbackup ako.. :hypocritesmiley:

ah that's the problem with older Compaq models.. with your situation and what you want to happen, its either:

1. use the recovery CDs, then use 3rd party partitioning software or;

2. use FDISK to partition, but you wont be able to use the laptop's recovery CDs.. :)

wag ka basta basta gamit ng pirated and trial version ng mga ganyang software.. naka experience na ako dati, disgrasya ang data ng customer dahil sa ganyan.. :grr: buti na lang nagbackup ako..  :hypocritesmiley:

Ganun ba? yun din sabi ng friend ko eh. better to back-up my data regularly... :)

Hey Pañeros, R&R tayo... any suggestion for Christmas PArty?...Saan?...How much would be the damage to property? and who will coordinate? ANy Volunteer/s?

PArty ng MTC Law Office.... pass d hat na lang sa damage... I can spare Php5,000.00

Para makilala natin ang isat-isa pati....

Do I Hear A LOUD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings to MTC Lawyers,

Id like to ask your legal advise regarding a notice of auction, a friend of mine loaned money against his life insurance to start a business, business did not do quite well, he wasnt able to pay, house was foreclosed (according to the insurance company/lender, house was also given as collateral on top of the paid premium deducted from the sum received from the loan), the auction hearing is set on the 22nd of December is there any way to suspend the said auction as there are certain irregularities on the contract (he said that it could be the reason why the lawyer of the insurance company does not want to talk to them for a possible settlement). Is there a process similar to a TRO for this case? The insurance company is also demanding rent from my friend coz they said that they already own the house.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

a question to those learned men and women who have mastered the art and science of labor law...

a recently promoted supervisor (previously of rank and file standing) has committed a dismissible offense... his promotion though was still to be confirmed (or formalized by the issuance of appointment papers)...may the employer withdraw such provisional promotion and return the fellow to his former position? secondly, during his provisional promotion, he received commissions as a supervisor, can this be withdrawn by the employer if and when he is demoted?

i have scanned recent decisions that demotion must not affect the salary, benefits and other emoluments of the person. but the thing is, there was no formal investiture of the position so can this benefit be determined as not having vested as a right?

my labor is real rusty...