Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

do we really need a high end laptop?

i think more of a personal preference at kung marami kang datung.

i used to have a laptop pero boring din kasi can't play 3d games. (i did play tomb raider 1-3 pero low res lng)

pede ding personal video player lalo for dvds and vcds...lalo na when ur travelling. kills boredom at pa-astig effect.

:lol:

i used to have a laptop pero boring din kasi can't play 3d games. (i did play tomb raider 1-3 pero low res lng)

pede ding personal video player lalo for dvds and vcds...lalo na when ur travelling. kills boredom at pa-astig effect.

i think it depends on how ur going to use the notebook. for developers a high end notebooks is really a MUST. this actually serves as demo servers during presentations and demo of apps. especially useful for database driven apps. on the other hand, there are also notebooks out there that are designed for 3d gamers. although the price of these notebooks are too HIGH, it can outperform desktops... there are notebooks out there that uses the video card tech from ati and it uses an independent memory (not shared). you can check them out... but hold yourself forr the price... :)

hi there techie girl,

the diff between Centrino and P4/P4-M are their speed and Power saving technology.

Centrino is the best at this time. It can conserve energy better than P4-M moreso than a P4. Based on the Banias Processor with 1024Kb L2 Cache, its 1.4Ghz is actually faster than the P4-M 2.2ghz which only got 512Kb.

at 60K, u cud buy the Acer centrino but that laptop is one of those I dont recommend mainly because of its weak construction. Im not sure if its our climate or its poor materials that makes it brittle and break like a cookie after sometime.

personally, I won't Buy laptops now that are way too expensive. simply because, If u are wary about the depreciation of assets, the P4, Centrino will suddenly lose their value come mobile 64-Bit generation which is next year. In United states, 64-Bit laptops are already being sold this Q4-2003. It will be here next year .

99.99% of the computers and laptops sold here in the phils now are all 32-Bit.

64-Bit computers are the latest trend. They are faster and can do more multitasking processes and its completely different from the 32-Bit we are using now.

Confusion on what to buy is the main problem when buying something.

Here are my suggested Guidelines:

1. It should first fulfill my NEEDS.

2. after that, what are the extras, do I NEED them? how much are the extras.

3. What are the other options

For your needs and the timeliness of purchase, u should only buy a PIII or a PII, those already depreciated so when 64-Bit comes, they wouldn't lose value like the Centrino and P4 will when 64-Bit arrives here.

and do you know that when P4 and Cenrino are in battery mode, to conserve batt life, it will slow down to 300-500MHz? If they are run in full speed using their batteries, it will only last for an hour or less. So sometimes, I ponder, why are users buying Ghz-speed laptops when they aren't run at that speed, only when connected to wall socket - which a desktop already does.

Guten tag! Buen dia! Good day! :)

hi! to fully maximized the 64-bit capability of a processor you need a 64-bit compatible applications. right now almost all desktop apps are 32-bit. the only 64-bit apps now are for those high end servers though some software houses now are creating 64-bit apps. the p4 HT would be a good processor with multi threading capability. :)

HI GUY'S! thanks for all the input re: memory from 512mb to 1GB, i'm staying put with 512mb for now as the consensus is, overkill lang at walang masyadong gain (sorry bro matsutsu!) i'm largely into games only and not much technical thingies so okie na siguro yon!

bro buti kapa... try developing applications using forte(java) or the JDE of blackberry... and u will see the difference of a 512mb memory and 1gb memory... ;)

bro buti kapa... try developing applications using forte(java) or the JDE of blackberry... and u will see the difference of a 512mb memory and 1gb memory... ;)

i'm not into those applications, pure gaming and some basic applications lang ako. everybody, cept bro matsutsu says that 512 is good enough. what do you recommend? will there be a significant enhancement of my games if I go to 1G ram?

i'm not into those applications, pure gaming and some basic applications lang ako. everybody, cept bro matsutsu says that 512 is good enough. what do you recommend? will there be a significant enhancement of my games if I go to 1G ram?

well kung gusto mo mag-aral ng ibang platform without re-formating ur system...try http://www.vmware.com/.

1GB memory can help you run 2-3 guest OS at the same time.

may mini-network ka sa laptop mo.

i use this to study firewalls and networking.

i also use it to do clustering on Win2K.

@ dusty,

sorry bro, im not into Intel.

Im talking about AThlon FX mobile for laptops.

Athlon FX/ Opteron is the more intelligent choice coz they made a hybrid processor that can recognize and execute both 32 and 64-bit instructions at the same time and at the same environment.

at least, u can run XP 64-Bit edition and use 32-bit programs such as games.

The world will not spend billions of dollars just to re-write and re-compile their 32bit to 64bit just so that Itanium can recognize it when there is a better option such as Athlon FX.

IBM is now selling servers using Athlon FX /Opteron PRocessors simply because from the demand from the thinking market.

The HT of P4 is a bit useless since most programs execute in single threads. Up to now, i haven't heard of any program running in HT mode.

it's great on white paper but so far, programmers didn't make programs for it and 64Bit is now on the horizon so i think it will just be an unused technology just like the SVCD unless their Itanium also use it.

When I activated the HT of my friend's PC on a P4 2.8Ghz-C on a hi-end MSI board, for some reasons, it slowed down miserably. We were running XP Pro SP1, 512Mb ram. 80GB

the other PC, an Athlon XP2000+ (1.67Ghz) was definitely faster. 512MB, 80GB den.

any other ideas as to why is slowed down? HT lang talaga ang binago namin eh. when we turned it off, acceptable na yung speed nya though its not worth the money when its performance is compared to an AThlon 2000+

totoo to pre, astig talaga. hehehe

mukha kang intellectual tapos serious effect pa mukha mo hehehe

pero sa needs kase ni miss girlamatic/friend ni girlamatic, ok na and there is no need for a very fast laptop na hindi naman nau-utilize ang speed.

battery technology ang dapat i-focus ng manufacturers these days.

I would appreciate it if my laptop's charge would last for 4-5days just like my mobile phone, motorola.

OT: nakaka-trauma avatar mo pre. naaalala ko to lagi tapos natatawa ako. hehehe

512 bro is enough for gaming as long as you have decent video card and processor. not unless you want to study programming... :)

Up to now, i haven't heard of any program running in HT mode.

bro do u know blackberry and other mobile apps? due to limited memory capacity and performance we are creating more than 5 threads just to run it smoothly and in decent speed. thats the beauty of hyper threading... and about the ht technology of intel well i'll ask you are you using the capabilities of direct x 9 right now? the latest games that are about to be release yes but the games that we are using now no. theyre using 8 or 8.5. and lastly if you though i am an intel fan oopps... i have just appreciated theyre technology... in fact i haven't got an intel pc.. our first one was an amd 586... then amd 350, and now athlon 750. :upside:

totoo to pre, astig talaga. hehehe

mukha kang intellectual tapos serious effect pa mukha mo hehehe

pero sa needs kase ni miss girlamatic/friend ni girlamatic, ok na and there is no need for a very fast laptop na hindi naman nau-utilize ang speed.

battery technology ang dapat i-focus ng manufacturers these days.

I would appreciate it if my laptop's charge would last for 4-5days just like my mobile phone, motorola.

OT: nakaka-trauma avatar mo pre. naaalala ko to lagi tapos natatawa ako. hehehe

may device dito sa taipei.....backup power supply....maliit lng sya almost same size with external cdrom ata....and can support a vast array of digital devices...para u have juice when u need it.

i think that is ur best option at this time.

or pede...bili ka ng motolite....pangmatagalan.

:)

bro do u know blackberry and other mobile apps? due to limited memory capacity and performance we are creating more than 5 threads just to run it smoothly and in decent speed. thats the beauty of hyper threading... and about the ht technology of intel well i'll ask you are you using the capabilities of direct x 9 right now? the latest games that are about to be release yes but the games that we are using now no. theyre using 8 or 8.5. and lastly if you though i am an intel fan oopps... i have just appreciated theyre technology... in fact i haven't got an intel pc.. our first one was an amd 586... then amd 350, and now athlon 750. :upside:

i bought my intel kasi may HT.

OS na bahala to implement the load balancing between processors.

XP and W2K supports HT.

mejo naghihinayang ako kasi 64bit is just around the corner...but then again...it will take sometime before it gains support.

most likely mga enterprises and high computing industry will use 64 before it gets to our desktop.

i guess having 64 on ur pc and running a notepad or browsing net is an overkill.

sorry bro, I dont. See, not everyone has the need for it.

although I would be interested in testing their technology.

can u explain to me why my friend's 2.8Ghz is slower than an Athlon 2000+ when HT is activated? im really quite puzzled about it and since u seem to be more familiar with the thing since u use it, I would appreciate it if u enlighten me.

thanks. :)

Specs of Athlon XP 2000 Specs of P4 2.8Ghz C (800FSB)

Nforce2 Ultra 400 Intel 865PE

Athlon Xp 2000 (@1.67Ghz) P4 2.8C

512MB 512MB

80Gb Maxtor 7200RPM 80Gb seagate 7200RPM

Radeon 9100 64MB Nvidia FX5200 128mb

WinXP Pro SP1 Winxp PRo Sp1

hello guys! i'm new here in mtc! and i have a question regarding business nman. ano ba ang minimum capital sa quezon city para iregister mo ang 1 business. i 'm planning to start a small small business and i just want to know kung dapat b o hindi na iregister s mun. kc di biro ang gastusin regarding registering a business lalo n kung maliit lang ito. thanks in advance!

hello guys! i'm new here in mtc! and i have a question regarding business nman. ano ba ang minimum capital sa quezon city para iregister mo ang 1 business. i 'm planning to start a small small business and i just want to know kung dapat b o hindi na iregister s mun. kc di biro ang gastusin regarding registering a business lalo n kung maliit lang ito. thanks in advance!

For purposes of getting mayors permit.. alam ko walang ceiling ang capitalization... pwede ka mag umpisa ng business piso lang capital mo... and its up to you kung i kukuha mo ng mayor's permit or hindi... nga lang... pag nahuli ka pwede ipapasara ka nila kaagad... I suggest ikuha momna lang ng mayor's permit.. punta ka sa BUsiness regisration section ng QC Hall..for further section

i'm not sure if ppl remebered about my post long ago about a lawyers/cut fees to a case.

anyway, i discovered that was already a supreme decision on it years ago and we didn't know about... i'm starting to lose faith in our lawyer hehe

here's the decision

http://www.lawphil.net/judjuris/juri2001/m...37932_2001.html

my dad has always never been consistent/complete in his explanations ever. so i understand why the court found him to be seriously lacking in credibility. though once i eventually understood his partial explanation(not an easy task) it sounded like he just didn't went up to stand enough or... poor case presentation/defense.

I heard that it got remanded down to the lower court in rizal province, but i have no idea on it's status and what even remanded means.

any comments/ideas on what exactly went wrong(from a third person perspective i guess) and how the case can be saved and salvaged? what's steps can i suggest to my dad to take?

i'm not sure if ppl remebered about my post long ago about a lawyers/cut fees to a case.

anyway, i discovered that was already a supreme decision on it years ago and we didn't know about... i'm starting to lose faith in our lawyer hehe

here's the decision

http://www.lawphil.net/judjuris/juri2001/m...37932_2001.html

my dad has always never been consistent/complete in his explanations ever. so i understand why the court found him to be seriously lacking in credibility. though once i eventually understood his partial explanation(not an easy task) it sounded like he just didn't went up to stand enough or... poor case presentation/defense.

I heard that it got remanded down to the lower court in rizal province, but i have no idea on it's status and what even remanded means.

any comments/ideas on what exactly went wrong(from a third person perspective i guess) and how the case can be saved and salvaged? what's steps can i suggest to my dad to take?

Cases are won or lost because of various factors, among them are:

1. failure of the client to disclose all material information necessary for the lawyer to assess the winnability of the case or the resence of cause of action.

2. lack of thoroughness in the assessment of the case, in the preparation of the pleadings and in the presentration of available evidence to prove the clients cause of action.

3. corruption.

There are clients who want their lawyers to pursue frivolous cases for business or may be for some wicked ends... there are clients who also pursue cases only to vindicate their harmed ego. and there are those who would file cases against another if only to ruin them or make the life of the other party harder...

Court litigation is always a course of last resort (in civil cases of course because in criminal cases it is to extract justice and the court shoul be resorted to impose justice) parties should go to court with a clean hand and should not use the court to bare false witness against the other party.

I suggest.. you ask your father truthfully about what really happened or the truth behind the filing of such action.

The case is already dismissed and its final and executory...

Butsoy

okie guys, final verdict on my PC:

Processor: Pentium IV 2.4 GHz "C"

Motherboard :MSI 865Neo2

Memory: 512 MB DDRAM 400MHz (Twinmoss) running in dual channel mode

Video Card: MSI Nvidia GeForce FX 5600 128MB :(

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live!

Asus 16X DVD ROM

Asus CD-RW (forgot the speeds!)

Monitor: 17" Samsung CRT Flat

Speakers: 5.1 Creative Soundblaster

Hard drive: 80GB 7200rpm Western Digital

Operating System: Windows XP Pro

Any tips on how to optimize my pc? how do i go around overclocking the bastard? The weather is pretty cool nowadays and i've a lot of fans running inside my tower so at the moment my CPU is at 34C and system is around 40C. stable siya but i'd like to squeeze in more power if I could. how do I go around doing this?

Disappointed ako sa video card ko coz i wanted to get a radeon 9600 pro, unfortunately my brother got me the MSI FX 5600 instead :( . no point crying over spilled milk though, any tips on how to get the best out of this card? and my system as well?

Edited by vicaner