Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

what he said was, he corrupted the bios by mis-flashing, there is no

way of booting other devices other than the floppy drive when your bios fails. try to consult bioscentral.com..

then again, i havent encountered mis-flashed BIOSes- the process for 90% of the mobos out there seems idiot-proof anyways (no, i'm not implying anything at that B) )

considering the BIOS was mis-flashed and it's in the middle of writing code responsible for checking boot devices, is it theoretically possible that it will fail to detect all bootable devices at startup? I believe so :unsure:

then again, i havent encountered mis-flashed BIOSes- the process for 90% of the mobos out there seems idiot-proof anyways (no, i'm not implying anything at that B) )

considering the BIOS was mis-flashed and it's in the middle of writing code responsible for checking boot devices, is it theoretically possible that it will fail to detect all bootable devices at startup? I believe so :unsure:

heheh, flashed my bios inside windows, through a website in fact. MSI's site have the option of updating through thier website. malas, ng freeze un screen ko, tapos dead bios nako. mas safer pala pg flash ka through dos, booting from a diskette. i've learned my lesson na. you cuold always ask for help if your clueless about something and never mess with the bios, unless you know the exact version number... salamat uli mga sir

btw, un mobo ko, indi na nag beep. supposedly, wait for four beeps dba? nun insert ko nun diskette, boot cya agad. ala naman problems, pero is my board alright? normal ba yun?

my mobo-- MSI 915 G combo

Yup, the folders are still there, but can't access. Me and my wife are administrator, and both of our old folders are "access denied". 

Any more suggestions, please. TY

You just need to take ownership of the rights of the folder/drive/file.

1. control panel - folder options: uncheck simple file sharing

2. my computer - select the drive/folder/file

3. right click the drive/folder/file and select properties

4. go to the security tab - advance - permissions

---- there you will see the previos owner of the drive/folder/file

5. click on the previous owner then select edit

6. On the objects tab, change the name to your name or whatever name that you are using currently

7. apply onto "this folder, subfolders and files"

8. on the permissions, check everything under the allowed criteria

9. if you want you can also select "apply this permissions to objects and or...."

10. click OK and your done.

---- your current user will take ownership of everything inside the drive/folder/file you selected.

you can also remove the previous user and add a new user to take ownership of the files.

*** you can also do: no. 1 - 4 but instead of the permissions tab you can go to the owner tab - change owner to your current user name if it is listed in the provided list - click "replace owner on subcontainers and objects" then hit apply/ok and your done.

I hope this helps

not sure if its with the HR or Legal Thread. well anyway, just a question for the lawyers out there. In your experience, may napakulong na bang employee for not fulfilling your Training Agreement?

Say, the employee was trained locally / abroad. Then the company pays for it but before the said training, an agreement was signed by the employee to stay with the company for certain months or else she would pay the training cost. If the employee resigned and did not pay the training cost, can you sue this person?

In your experience, have you won a case with the same situation? (say you represent the company)

thanks

not sure if its with the HR or Legal Thread.  well anyway, just a question for the lawyers out there. In your experience, may napakulong na bang employee for not fulfilling your Training Agreement?

Say, the employee was trained locally / abroad.  Then the company pays for it but before the said training, an agreement was signed by the employee to stay with the company for certain months or else she would pay the training cost.  If the employee resigned and did not pay the training cost, can you sue this person?

In your experience, have you won a case with the same situation? (say you represent the company)

thanks

Our company has had similar cases already and the batting average of the company is actually very fair (considering that this is from the point of view of the employer). Our record of winning the case against losing it is about 60%. By winning, it means that we have collected the sum of the liquidated damages provided in the training contract and losing means we have either collected less than what was provided or totally lost the entire case.

The primary principle of the case against the employee is actually breach of contract resulting in damages. The most common defense against it is that the contract is not binding (under the labor laws) or is too onerous. However, as indicated, more often than not the court will uphold the contract because it was voluntarily entered into by the company and the employee.

But a person cannot be imprisoned for failure to complete the contract.

try it for yourself.. heheheehehe..

flash your bios then mid-way through the writing process

remove the powercord... lets see if you can still use

other bootable devices..heheheh

try it for yourself.. heheheehehe..

flash your bios then mid-way through the writing process

remove the powercord... lets see if you can still use

other bootable devices..heheheh

When you do that ... in most cases you can't even boot from floppy anymore. A mis-flashed system is useless, unless it has some build-in bios recovery onboard.

exactly my point. but then it's all theoretical. I'd like to see a mis-flashed BIOS that leaves a system unable to detect boot devices (again, I haven't come across one). Any stories?

When you do that ... in most cases you can't even boot from floppy anymore. A mis-flashed system is useless, unless it has some build-in bios recovery onboard.

well..keep your fingers crossed..and hope there're no explicit deny permissions on the administrators group :thumbsdownsmiley: much less on the Everyone object :D

Hehe .. that wouldn't be a big problem, just a lot of clicking on yes. And if its indeed the folders under document and settings, that would be a lot of clicking yes. The admin can always take control, even when deny permissions are present .. it just takes a lot of perseverance in having to acknowledge every permission change to files and folders.

exactly my point. but then it's all theoretical. I'd like to see a mis-flashed BIOS that leaves a system unable to detect boot devices (again, I haven't come across one). Any stories?

I've seen enough of those. Mis-flashed systems that couldn't boot at all, even not showing anything on the screen. The only thing they could do was beep a number of times, indicating an error with the BIOS.

A co-worker of mine caused two of those problems. One by flashing a motherboard with the wrong BIOS and ignoring all warnings .. the other was not totally his fault as there was a power-failure during flashing.

Both systems couldn't boot anything anymore and wouldn't even show anything on screen.

eto question, in light of the quality of governance we've had over the years:

can you sue the government? i'm not talking about through the ombudsman here, i mean a private citizen suing the government. can it be done? has it been done?

for example, recently in Sta. Mesa. There was a giant hole in the street and the government did nothing about it, not even providing a barrier and warning signage. Late one night, a motorcycle and a car fell in it, the car was heavily damaged - i don't know what happened to the motorcycle, but it must have been worse.

so i'm thinking, kawawa naman sila, can you sue the government for damages?

Hehe .. that wouldn't be a big problem, just a lot of clicking on yes. And if its indeed the folders under document and settings, that would be a lot of clicking yes. The admin can always take control, even when deny permissions are present .. it just takes a lot of perseverance in having to acknowledge every permission change to files and folders.

Hopefully, the file/s or directory/s weren't made private (in other words...encrypted) by the user or else even if you do change the permissions you won't be able to access the files. :headsetsmiley:

Hopefully, the file/s or directory/s weren't made private (in other words...encrypted) by the user or else even if you do change the permissions you won't be able to access the files.  :headsetsmiley:

It's pretty rare to find that on the average user pc. Most users don't use the encrypted file/folder option in windows ( luckily they don't :) )

yes that's quite right but you just have to select the parent folder and replace or add a new owner, then applying these ownership to all subcontainers and objects :)

hmmmm...

a whole host of cases, both criminal and civil, may come forth due to the attendant facts...as what google says, do specify your facts so that search may be better attuned to your purposes...

that is why sometimes lawyers have been criticized for giving wrong advice, oftentimes clients do not give the full picture and many a time surprises come along...

no complains or anything... lumabag ba ito sa batas?

yes that's quite right but you just have to select the parent folder and replace or add a new owner, then applying these ownership to all subcontainers and objects  :)

Yup, but when deny permissions are present, you have to acknowledge every change .. even when you just select the top folder and apply it to all underlying files and folders.

Anong kaso ito?

Boyfriend: 20

Girlfriend: 17

Then girlfriend became pregnant... but with her consent. no complains on both parties, but just wondering if anyone breaks the rule of law.

see agentjackbauer's reply to that...

if you are thinking about it..it would be better if you think twice or even three more times before doing it...or having anyone around you do it...

if you want to get philosophical on the topic...there would have to be a discussion on the political theory (Social Contract or Leviathan) each member of the body politic enters into...but in essence the violation of the law is the violation of the peace of society, now violation of the law and the prosecution of such violation are two very different things...but i digress and that seems too far off the topic...

as it were, i second agentjackbauer and the attendant circumstances may alter the crime committed (for example if the elder is a relative or a position of authority over the person...secondly if the parents of the girl opts to file a different case altogether, on the basis that she is still a minor)...too many factors have to be considered, so a full answer cannot be provided unless and until a better picture is painted for the "high priests of the temple of justice"...

good pm guys! ive sent a demand letter of support to my exhubby and he received it yesterday but instead of meeting us for a possible negotiations, nagmatigas pa cya. obviously, he doesnt know anything about negotiations or compromise. he's insisting that he cant afford to give the financial support that im asking but that's where the negotiation will come in right? what should i do kung ayaw nya tlgang makipagkita for negotiations? i even told him to get his own lawyer if he wants para mas madali samin. help po pls... thanks...