Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Thanks for answering my query BBB.

one last question, if something bad happens to her (knock on wood) like hurting herself and slit her own wrists and ends up in the hospital.

Will i be held accountable?

Thank you.

I'm glad to be of help, King.

No, you won't be held accountable, provided that you have not assisted in any way in her attempt to commit a suicide. Referring to your earlier post as to the circumstances of your case, there is no showing that you have assisted her in the commission of such act, hence, you cannot be held liable. Again, this is based merely on your version of the story and this is not a conclusive presumption.

For the information of everybody:

While the act of suicide itself is not punishable under the Revised Penal Code, the act of assisting a person in the commission of such suicide is considered a felony, thus, punishable by imprisonment.

I hope everything would be fine, King. Good luck!

Edited by BigBoiBirdie

Good day everyone,

my father just passed away. He has this motorcycle with him, the problem is that the OR/CR is not under his name and the deed of sales is nowhere to be found (it's not stolen i can assure you of that). I think he bought this from some 2nd hand shop (which i don't know what or where). It's been with him for almost 10 yrs and he was able to renew the vehicle registration but still under the name of the old owner.

Is there a way that i can renew the vehicle or if the previous owner is still alive does he have claims on this?

Also do i need to declare this on the EJS? and what happens or what can i do if i do not include it on EJS?

Thank you in advance.

Good day everyone,

my father just passed away. He has this motorcycle with him, the problem is that the OR/CR is not under his name and the deed of sales is nowhere to be found (it's not stolen i can assure you of that). I think he bought this from some 2nd hand shop (which i don't know what or where). It's been with him for almost 10 yrs and he was able to renew the vehicle registration but still under the name of the old owner.

Is there a way that i can renew the vehicle or if the previous owner is still alive does he have claims on this?

Also do i need to declare this on the EJS? and what happens or what can i do if i do not include it on EJS?

Thank you in advance.

1. Is there a way that i can renew the vehicle?

Yes, you can renew, but still in the name of the old owner. Andami fixer sa labas ng LTO, andali niyan.

2. if the previous owner is still alive, does he have claims on this?

Technically, yes. dahil rehistrado pa sa pangalan niya, at wala ka namang maipakita na Deed of Sale, sa papel, siya pa rin ang may-ari.

Pero, ikaw na rin ang nagsabi na di nakaw yan. At sampung taon na ang lumipas, mas malamangf sa hindi, hindi na maghahabol ang may-ari. At kung maghabol man siya, prescribed na ang claim niya at lampas walong taon na nasa inyo ang motor.

3. do i need to declare this on the EJS?

dahil di naman nakapangalan sa tatay mo yung motor, di na kailangan ilagay sa EJS yan (ang purpose kasi ng EJS, para may maipakita ka as proof na sa iyo na ang sasakyan. PARA MAILIPAT ANG TITULO), Dahil wala ka namang Deed of Sale mula sa registered owner, useless din yung EJS kung isasama mo pa dun yung motor.

4. what happens or what can i do if i do not include it on EJS? it will remain registered in the name of the first owner

and what happens or what can i do if i do not include it on EJS?

I have a query on sale of shares of stock.

Private corp. shareholder sells to fellow shareholder shares of stock. can the buyer resell the shares of stock at a price above par value?

what happens to the amount over par value? does it need to be declared as the new par value?

need your advice.

thanks.

1. can the buyer resell the shares of stock at a price above par value?

Yes, siya may-ari, pwede niyang ibenta ari-arian niya sa presyong gusto niya.

2. what happens to the amount over par value?

yung whole amount, not just the amount over par value, ay ibubulsa niya. kanya na yun.

3. does it [amount of sale over par value] need to be declared as the new par value?

Nope. Par value is the value stated in the Articles of Incorporation as the value of the stock. This may or may not be equal to the actual value or selling price of the stocks.

Edited by rocco69

1. can the buyer resell the shares of stock at a price above par value?

Yes, siya may-ari, pwede niyang ibenta ari-arian niya sa presyong gusto niya.

2. what happens to the amount over par value?

yung whole amount, not just the amount over par value, ay ibubulsa niya. kanya na yun.

3. does it [amount of sale over par value] need to be declared as the new par value?

Nope. Par value is the value stated in the Articles of Incorporation as the value of the stock. This may or may not be equal to the actual value or selling price of the stocks.

thank you very much sir.

1. Is there a way that i can renew the vehicle?

Yes, you can renew, but still in the name of the old owner. Andami fixer sa labas ng LTO, andali niyan.

2. if the previous owner is still alive, does he have claims on this?

Technically, yes. dahil rehistrado pa sa pangalan niya, at wala ka namang maipakita na Deed of Sale, sa papel, siya pa rin ang may-ari.

Pero, ikaw na rin ang nagsabi na di nakaw yan. At sampung taon na ang lumipas, mas malamangf sa hindi, hindi na maghahabol ang may-ari. At kung maghabol man siya, prescribed na ang claim niya at lampas walong taon na nasa inyo ang motor.

3. do i need to declare this on the EJS?

dahil di naman nakapangalan sa tatay mo yung motor, di na kailangan ilagay sa EJS yan (ang purpose kasi ng EJS, para may maipakita ka as proof na sa iyo na ang sasakyan. PARA MAILIPAT ANG TITULO), Dahil wala ka namang Deed of Sale mula sa registered owner, useless din yung EJS kung isasama mo pa dun yung motor.

4. what happens or what can i do if i do not include it on EJS? it will remain registered in the name of the first owner

and what happens or what can i do if i do not include it on EJS?

Thank you Rocco69 for answering my queries. This will help me a lot.

One last question, i don't know if this is the right thread for it but when i violate a traffic rule while riding the said motorcycle and ask me to present a copy of the OR/CR and they see that the registered owner is not me and is not affiliate with me, can they ask for the deed of sale and what can i do if they insist that i show it to them?

Thank you Rocco69 for answering my queries. This will help me a lot.

One last question, i don't know if this is the right thread for it but when i violate a traffic rule while riding the said motorcycle and ask me to present a copy of the OR/CR and they see that the registered owner is not me and is not affiliate with me, can they ask for the deed of sale and what can i do if they insist that i show it to them?

Yes, the police can ask for proof of ownership. At malaki ang problema mo pag di ka nakapagpakita ng Deed of Sale! Lalabas na hindi sa iyo ang sasakyan. Pwede nilang i-impound ang sasakyan pending proof of ownership (buti nga kung sasakyan lang ang hulihin, baka pati ikaw mahuli!).

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 PM

Tanong:

Is the consent of the spouse necessary for the validity of an agreement for payment for the breach of personal obligation?

To illustrate po ganito po nangyari:

Yung tito ko ay kinontrata ng isang asawa para gumawa ng isang construction work sa kanilang bahay. Ngayon di ginawa ni tito. Pinadalhan siya ng demand letter.

Ngayon to make the story short, Gumawa ng compromise agreement ang dalawa stating na instead na isusoli lahat ang downpayment eh 3/4 na lang ang isusoli ni tito. Nagsoli na si tito sa 3/4. Notarize na ang agreement. Tanong po, valid po ba ang agreement considering po na hindi pumirma ang wife ni tito at husband nung nagpagawa ng construction works?

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 PM

Tanong:

Is the consent of the spouse necessary for the validity of an agreement for payment for the breach of personal obligation?

To illustrate po ganito po nangyari:

Yung tito ko ay kinontrata ng isang asawa para gumawa ng isang construction work sa kanilang bahay. Ngayon di ginawa ni tito. Pinadalhan siya ng demand letter.

Ngayon to make the story short, Gumawa ng compromise agreement ang dalawa stating na instead na isusoli lahat ang downpayment eh 3/4 na lang ang isusoli ni tito. Nagsoli na si tito sa 3/4. Notarize na ang agreement. Tanong po, valid po ba ang agreement considering po na hindi pumirma ang wife ni tito at husband nung nagpagawa ng construction works?

mabisa siya. kaya lang, kung hindi nakinabang yung asawa nung bawat isa sa perang saklaw ng kasunduan, kung may maghahabol, anumang pananagutan (kung meron pa, at bayad na naman, ayon sa kwento mo) ay hindi pwedeng ipapanagot sa ari-arian ng mag-asawa. ito ay pananagutan lamang ng hiwalay na ari-arian ng mga partido.

• 2 weeks later...

Magandang umaga po magtatanong lang po mga boss. May nabili ksi akong lupa kahati ang tiyahin ko ngyn gusto ko nang patayuan need ko pa po ba ng consent ng tiyahin ko o puwede na siyang patayuan? O mas maganda na hatiin muna ang lupa bago ko patayuan? Maraming salamat po sa sasagot

depende kung paano ang pagkahati ng property sa pagitan ninyo ng tiyahin mo. Kung ang pagkahati ay hindi pisikal na hatian (wala pang sariling pwesto ang bawat isa sa inyo, at ang usapan lang ninyo ay basta ang kalahati ay sa iyo at kalahati ay sa kanya, kailangan mo ng consent ng tiyahin mo dahil sa balak mong pagpapatayo, magiging pisikal na ang hatian. Maganda ay magkaroon na kayo ng kasunduan kung saan talaga ang pwesto o bahagi ng bawat isa sa inyo.

Kung may napag-usapan na kayo kung anong bahagi ang pag-aari ng bawat isa sa inyo, di mo na kailangan ng consent sa pagpapatayo sa bahaging nailaan sa iyo (although mas maganda, ang napag-usapan ninyong hatian ay dapat nakasulat na rin, at pirmado ninyong dalawa ng tiyahin mo.

Tanong lang:

In issuing receipts and sales invoice pwede ba na CASH ang ilagay sa name or Pay to the Order of Cash?

Ang sabi ng Sec. 237 ng National Internal Revenue Code ay:

SEC. 237. Issuance of Receipts or Sales or Commercial Invoices. - All persons subject to an internal revenue tax shall,

for each sale or transfer of merchandise or for services rendered valued at Twenty-five pesos (P25.00) or more, issue

duly registered receipts or sales or commercial invoices, prepared at least in duplicate, showing the date of

transaction, quantity, unit cost and description of merchandise or nature of service: Provided, however, That where

the receipt is issued to cover payment made as rentals, commissions, compensations, fees, receipts or invoices shall

be issued which shall show the name, business style, if any, and address of the purchaser, customer or client:

Provided, further, That where the purchaser is a VAT-registered person, in addition to the information herein required,

the invoice or receipt shall further show the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) of the purchaser.

The original of each receipt or invoice shall be issued to the purchaser, customer or client at the time the transaction

is effected, who, if engaged in business or in the exercise of profession, shall keep and preserve the same in his place

of business for a period of three (3) years from the close of the taxable year in which such invoice or receipt was

issued, while the duplicate shall be kept and preserved by the issuer, also in his place of business, for a like period.

The Commissioner may, in meritorious cases, exempt any person subject to internal revenue tax from compliance with

the provisions of this Section.

Lumalabas, dalawa ang klase ng taong nag-iissue ng resibo:

1. Persons engaged in the sale or transfer of merchandise or for services rendered valued at Twenty-five pesos (P25.00) or more, at

2. Persons receiving payment made as rentals, commissions, compensations, fees.

Dun sa unang klase, kailangan lumabas sa resibo na ini-issue niya yung date of transaction, quantity, unit cost and description of merchandise or nature of service.

Dun sa pangalawa, kailangan lumabas sa resibo na ini-issue niya yung date of transaction, quantity, unit cost and description of merchandise or nature of service, AT DAGDAG PA DITO yung name, business style, if any, and address of the purchaser, customer or client.

Pagkatapos, sa kanilang dalawa, kung ang purchaser ay VAT-registered person, kailangan din lumabas sa resibo yung Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) ng purchaser.

SAGOT:

Kung ang ini-issue mong resibo ay hindi para sa rentals, commissions, compensations, fees, HINDI KAILANGANG LUMABAS ANG PANGALAN NG purchaser, customer or client, kaya kahit alin sa dalawa "Cash" or "Order of Cash" pwede.

Ngunit, subalit, datapwat...

Kung ang ini-issue mong resibo ay para sa rentals, commissions, compensations, fees, KAILANGANG LUMABAS ANG PANGALAN NG purchaser, customer or client, kaya hindu pupuwede ang "Cash" or "Order of Cash" dahil ito ay hindi pangalan ng purchaser, customer or client [paano nga naman mahahabol ng BIR yung landlord, ahente, empleyado, contractor, professional etc. na tumanggap ng rental, commission, compensation, o fee kung hindi nakalagay sa resibo yung pangalan at address niya].

Alalahanin mo rin na imbes na rehistradong sales invoice o resibo, pumapayag din ang BIR sa "cash register" at "point-of-sale machine", halimbawa sa department store, supermarket, drugstore, restaurant, gasoline station, atbp. Sa ganitong klaseng resibo HINDI RIN LUMALABAS ANG PANGALAN NG BUMIBILI kaya hindi rin importante kung iiimprenta ng cash register ang salitang Cash or Order of Cash [sa tutoo lang, walang lumalabas na ganyan sa resibong ini-issue ng department store, supermarket, drugstore, restaurant, gasoline station, atbp.]

Panghuli, ayon sa Section 264 ng National Internal Revenue Code:

Sec. 264. Failure or refusal to Issue Receipts or Sales or Commercial Invoices, Violations related to the Printing

of such Receipts or Invoices and Other Violations. -

(a) Any person who, being required under Section 237 to issue receipts or sales or commercial invoices, fails

or refuses to issue such receipts of invoices, issues receipts or invoices that DO NOT TRULY REFLECT

AND/OR CONTAIN ALL THE INFORMATION REQUIRED TO BE SHOWN THEREIN, or uses multiple or

double receipts or invoices, shall, upon conviction for each act or omission, be punished by a fine of not less

than One thousand pesos (P1,000) but not more than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000) and suffer

imprisonment of not less than two (2) years but not more than four (4) years.

Edited by rocco69
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I have a friend who was terminated because of accused report of bullying by a colleague. The problem is hindi na siya pinayagan depensahan yung sarili niya after that and deretso terminated. Pupuwede ba yun?

Hindi tama yun. Dapat ay binigyan siya ng Notice to Explain muna, at panahon para ma isubmit ang explanation niya.

Dahil walang due process, pwede siya magreklamo sa pinakamalapit na NLRC Office. Kahit may ground o tutoo ang reklamo laban sa kanta, dahil di nasunod ang tamang proseso, pwede siyang nagreklamo, at may kaukulang parusa na fine na ipapataw sa kumpanya (kung tama ang pag-alala ko, 30T ang maari niyang ma-claim as penalty)

Hi, I have a friend who was terminated because of accused report of bullying by a colleague. The problem is hindi na siya pinayagan depensahan yung sarili niya after that and deretso terminated. Pupuwede ba yun?

Hindi tama yun. Dapat ay binigyan siya ng Notice to Explain muna, at panahon para ma isubmit ang explanation niya.

Dahil walang due process, pwede siya magreklamo sa pinakamalapit na NLRC Office. Kahit may ground o tutoo ang reklamo laban sa kanta, dahil di nasunod ang tamang proseso, pwede siyang nagreklamo, at may kaukulang parusa na fine na ipapataw sa kumpanya (kung tama ang pag-alala ko, 30T ang maari niyang ma-claim as penalty)

• 3 weeks later...

Question po,

May credit card ako pero never ko ginamit. Its been with me for more than a year and never been used. 1 day, I got a text from the credit card company that there was a fraudulent use on the card so it was declined. Then the statement came with a huge bill which were not mine. Can the credit card company bill me for it?

Question po,

May credit card ako pero never ko ginamit. Its been with me for more than a year and never been used. 1 day, I got a text from the credit card company that there was a fraudulent use on the card so it was declined. Then the statement came with a huge bill which were not mine. Can the credit card company bill me for it?

Yes, they can bill you for it. Kung gusto nilang gawin yun, wala kang magagawa.

Ang dapat na tanong mo ay: PWEDE KA BA BA NILANG PAGBAYARIN SA CARD NA HINDI MO NAMAN GINAMIT?

Siyempre, hindi!!! Kung hindi mo ginamit, bakit ikaw ang magbabayad. Wala silang karapatang sumingil para sa gastusing di mo naman kagagawan.

Kaya lang, dahil nasa pangalan mo, kailangan mong ayusin yan sa kumpanya (para malinis ang record mo sa credit card companies) para, sa hinaharap, kung ikaw ay mangungutang sa bangko o mag-aapply ng credit card, mabibigyan ka agad. Makipag-ugnayan ka sa credit card company at sabihin/patunayan mo sa kanila na hindi mo nga nagamit kailan man yung card na yan, at ang mga naka-charge dun ay hindi mo kagagawan.

Magandang hapon mga boss. Mag consult lang po.

Yung date kong boss na Japanese nag tayo ng restaurant at nakiusap sa aken at iba pang kaibigan na maging "dummy" incorporators.

Gusto na po namen mag resign bilang incorporators dahil ibinenta na ng date kong boss ang restaurant dahil nalulugi.

At present, may ipapalit na po ang bagong may ari na bagong incorporators pero ang proseso ay tatagal ng ilang buwan.

Ano po ba maganda namen gawen para maprotektahan namen ang mga sarile namen kung may maghahabol? Salamat po.

Yes, they can bill you for it. Kung gusto nilang gawin yun, wala kang magagawa.

Ang dapat na tanong mo ay: PWEDE KA BA BA NILANG PAGBAYARIN SA CARD NA HINDI MO NAMAN GINAMIT?

Siyempre, hindi!!! Kung hindi mo ginamit, bakit ikaw ang magbabayad. Wala silang karapatang sumingil para sa gastusing di mo naman kagagawan.

Kaya lang, dahil nasa pangalan mo, kailangan mong ayusin yan sa kumpanya (para malinis ang record mo sa credit card companies) para, sa hinaharap, kung ikaw ay mangungutang sa bangko o mag-aapply ng credit card, mabibigyan ka agad. Makipag-ugnayan ka sa credit card company at sabihin/patunayan mo sa kanila na hindi mo nga nagamit kailan man yung card na yan, at ang mga naka-charge dun ay hindi mo kagagawan.

Thank you po sa advice. Nakausap ko na po ang bangko and its under investigation. At dahil may 1 month na at wala pa silang decision, ako na mismo ang pumunta sa mga merchants at humingi ng mga charge slip at cctv footage.

Lets say un gumamit ng card ko ay kakilala ko, pede ko ba siya ipaaresto agad dahil may ebidensya nako o dapat mag pa blotter muna ako sa pulis? Anu processo dapat kopo gawin?