The Best Buffets - Taste + Value For Money

Had dinner at circles last week. The food is good, specially the roast beef. Their grilled tenderloin was really dry - sayang. The down side of the evening was their lousy service. I asked for tea, but it never arrived. I had a hard time calling a waiter's attention.

Their chocolate fountain is delicious, but too rich for me. I find it oily, maybe so they can pump it through the fountain. I prefer the chocolate fondue which hardens after it cools. The chocolate fountain doesn't harden at all.

Had dinner at circles last week.  The food is good, specially the roast beef.  Their grilled tenderloin was really dry - sayang.  The down side of the evening was their lousy service.  I asked for tea, but it never arrived.  I had a hard time calling a waiter's attention.

Their chocolate fountain is delicious, but too rich for me.  I find it oily, maybe so they can pump it through the fountain.  I prefer the chocolate fondue which hardens after it cools.  The chocolate fountain doesn't harden at all.

it is the oil which makes it viscous, thus preventing the chocolate from solidifying

it is the oil which makes it viscous, thus preventing the chocolate from solidifying

Yup, I noticed. I guess this also goes for the Philippine Plaza, Mandarin Oriental, and Hyatt buffets with chocolate fountains. The oil is necessary for the fountain to work.

I'll just make chocolate fondue when I have the craving for chocolate dipped stuff.

This might be off topic already, but the chocolate fountain reminded me of Willy Wonka. There's going to be a new version of the movie coming out this year starring Johnny Depp and the title is closer to the book- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly its been a while since me or kidyot have been checking up on manila tonight, been pretty busy with work. Anyways Mr. Ang.... is there any new suggestions for a buffet EB? our schedules have lightened somewhat and since its been months since we last posted here n the buffey thread.... maybe we can have another EB? :) whatdjatink?

Yup, I noticed.  I guess this also goes for the Philippine Plaza, Mandarin Oriental, and Hyatt buffets with chocolate fountains.  The oil is necessary for the fountain to work.

I'll just make chocolate fondue when I have the craving for chocolate dipped stuff.

This might be off topic already, but the chocolate fountain reminded me of Willy Wonka.  There's going to be a new version of the movie coming out this year starring Johnny Depp and the title is closer to the book- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

the favorite childhood movie.

Sadly its been a while since me or kidyot have been checking up on manila tonight, been pretty busy with work.  Anyways Mr. Ang.... is there any new suggestions for a buffet EB? our schedules have lightened somewhat and since its been months since we last posted here n the buffey thread.... maybe we can have another EB? :) whatdjatink?

PAGING CCL :) ... we talked about saisaki as a more affordable alternative (395 peso-saisaki-only weekday lunch/495-peso ultimate buffet compared to hyatt's 1,200) . tramway has really slid down the drain in a matter of months. best choices are the west avenue branch, edsa conneticut or padre faura branch for fresher food or easier access to commuting participants. just give me the date and number of people and i'll take care of the reservations

atong... any suggestions for breakfast buffet aside from somethings fishy? preferrably makati area... :rolleyes:

used to like makati shang breakfast but it has downgraded in terms of ingredient quality. same with the pen and mandarin. they i think they still are the best around makati. grand hyatt is also good but i recommend you check at 100 usd complete with buffet breakfast for 2.

used to like makati shang breakfast but it has downgraded in terms of ingredient quality.  same with the pen and mandarin.  they i think they still are the best around makati.  grand hyatt is also good but i recommend you check at 100 usd complete with buffet breakfast for 2.

nah not possible! checking in with crystalmare? :lol: :cry: ha ha! thanks dude... i also want lutong macau in jupiter but not ure i they do offer breakfast. :)

PAGING CCL :) ... we talked about saisaki as a more affordable alternative (395 peso-saisaki-only weekday lunch/495-peso ultimate buffet compared to hyatt's 1,200) .  tramway has really slid down the drain in a matter of months.  best choices are the west avenue branch, edsa conneticut or padre faura branch for fresher food or easier access to commuting participants.  just give me the date and number of people and i'll take care of the reservations

Sounds cool, so far its just me and kidyot who are interested, if there are any other members who like eating as much as we do they can post here or pm us. Me and kidyot pretty much see each other on a daily basis due to work so contacting us won't be a problem when a definite schedule is available. :)

Sounds cool, so far its just me and kidyot who are interested, if there are any other members who like eating as much as we do they can post here or pm us. Me and kidyot pretty much see each other on a daily basis due to work so contacting us won't be a problem when a definite schedule is available. :)

where are you based in manila? or work? much easier to find a good location with this info

PAGING CCL :) ... we talked about saisaki as a more affordable alternative (395 peso-saisaki-only weekday lunch/495-peso ultimate buffet compared to hyatt's 1,200) .  tramway has really slid down the drain in a matter of months.  best choices are the west avenue branch, edsa conneticut or padre faura branch for fresher food or easier access to commuting participants.  just give me the date and number of people and i'll take care of the reservations

I,m in lets try to set up dates :)

Had dinner at circles last week.  The food is good, specially the roast beef.  Their grilled tenderloin was really dry - sayang.  The down side of the evening was their lousy service.  I asked for tea, but it never arrived.  I had a hard time calling a waiter's attention.

Ng bago pa lang siya a few weeks old ( circles ) i was really impressed with the food galore, i even told the manager of Nielsen of Manila Pen na talo na sila sa Makati Shang, the manager even agreed sa sinabi ko , pero the 2nd and 3rd time na bumalik ako sa circles , sumama ng sumama ang quality ! well... ganyan talaga ang mga buffet, mahirap ma maintain quality !

Prince Albert of intercon pa rin ang one of the best in terms of maintaining quality!

Ng bago pa lang siya a few weeks old  ( circles ) i was really impressed with the food galore, i even told the manager of Nielsen of Manila Pen na talo na sila sa Makati Shang, the manager even agreed sa sinabi ko , pero the 2nd and 3rd time na bumalik ako sa circles  , sumama ng sumama ang quality ! well... ganyan talaga ang mga buffet, mahirap ma maintain quality !

Prince Albert of intercon pa rin ang one of the best in terms of maintaining quality!

which manager did you talk to at nielsens? was it grace? nielsens has one of the most friendliest staff along with hyatt manila. as for the lousiest service, the staff of tin hau in mandarin oriental has the lousiest and disrespectful service.

cebucitylocal and i have decided tentatively on a may 14 (saturday) lunch at saisaki west avenue. price is 450 not including drinks. bottomless iced tea/coke/sprite is around 60. we had to pick the most feasible location among glorietta, west avenue, padre faura and edsa considering parking, accessibility and food quality. what do you guys think about the location?

previous people who have expressed their intention are kidyot and crystalmare.

anybody who wishes to join, just let us know. this is not a formal eb but just an invitation for lunch together among friends. tab will be shared accordingly.

Edited by ATONG ANG

there's this place, mostly in robinson's malls, called mongolian stop,

a mongolian bowl for 98php comes with free soup, a bit cheaper compared to mongolian grill,

they have eat all you can also, but i forgot how much.

tip! buy your drinks at the supermarket before proceeding here, cheaper by 50%. ;)