What's The Last Book You've Read?

Wolf Totem by Jiang Rong

A novel based on the author's personal experiences as a student sent off to Inner Mongolia in the 70s. It focuses on the complex interrelationships and conflicts of the entities that exist on the vast Mongolian grasslands: Han Chinese, nomadic herders, wolves, livestock, dogs, horses, and a host of other small animals.

GRO: Lust, Lies nd Videoke by a certain Arnel Aquitania (kung sino ka man, malamang sa hindi, taga mtc ka :lol: )

- not that good a read, but otherwise entertaining, when you just want to read an honest guy's thoughts without firing up your neurons that much; and a good insight, too, as to what your bf/hubby most likely does when out of your sight :lol:

- not that good a read, but otherwise entertaining, when you just want to read an honest guy's thoughts without firing up your neurons that much; and a good insight, too, as to what your bf/hubby most likely does when out of your sight :lol:

i stand corrected. it's a good read, not because it's substance-enriched....but because it's well-written.

2nd book : No Boyfriend Since Birth by Claire Betita. :P

Edited by angel_by_day

I'm currently reading Paul Aster's The New York Trilogy, a volume of 3 novellas. I'm on the the third one, "The Locked Room."

Uhm, his stories pretty much follow the same theme. You have this detective and there's this strange case. I really like it that the second one, "Ghosts," has characters named Blue, White, Black, and Brown. (Just an existentialist thing to do I guess :rolleyes:)

The case never gets solved and the main character Blue never even gets to know what was he supposed to solve

, which is just the kind of ending that I like, the ones that make me stare into space for ten minutes after reading the last word of the story.