Dog Lovers Thread

mr_7thsign

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there dog lovers, i just want to ask coz i want to own a dog and right now im looking for one, meron nagtext saaken na nag bebenta ng pitbull pero eto un message nya:

"ight ito (which is i know fighting line)bighead, bigbone, hardmouth semicompact blodline carver. na jeep"

my question is can u please explain the jargons used.

i would really appreciate the person that can help me with this issue thanks!

bale carver line is a performance or fighting pitbull line... as far as i know champ line yang carver... di ako sure im into show line kasi e... bughead, bigbone... structure yan nung pup... its better na lang dalawin mo yung pup para makita mo... magsama ka rin ng nakakaalam sa breed... then, punta ka sa mga breeders na may available pups para macompare mo... then if possible maganda kung makikita mo yung parents para kahit papano may idea ka sa itsura ng kukunin mong pup...

@adventureboy07

i'd go for akita. i love the way they look and was never big on GSD. though there are a lot of enthusiasts and my dad was one of those. my fave dog or the one that i loved so much was a GSD and doubt any other dog can replace him. anyway, GSDs are very docile. great temperament and smart. very loyal. can't ask for anything more.

akita's arent bad either but they require more patience. anyway if you're not all too familiar with dogs then better go with GSD. i can say they are easy to take care and very resilient

• 2 weeks later...
bago pics ng favorite ko alaga matagal tagal na di ko nakunan

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/kupalking/090320081182.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/kupalking/090320081183.jpg

nice pit! ano peds?

Edited by sais
  • 2 weeks later...
bago pics ng favorite ko alaga matagal tagal na di ko nakunan

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/kupalking/090320081182.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/kupalking/090320081183.jpg

Si Romeo ba ito? Ganda :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by jeutz

marami din palang pitbulleros dito!

At the moment I own 2 pitbulls and a belgian malinois.

Someone was asking if there's a dog show for belgians. Sa PCCI dog shows but other than that wala na ako alam. I haven't heard of belgians joining dog shows in the Phil. I think most belgian owners prefer to work their dogs in the field rather than entering them in beauty pageants.

Hi "dog lovers". How often do you bathe your dogs? I thought kasi it should be done weekly. You see I'm a subscriber to IAMS newsletter and they had a topic when dog's should be bathed. According to said article, dogs should be bathed "as needed", that is when they're dirty na or "smelly" as too much bathing drys their skin and takes away natural oils. I know some people even bathe their dogs every other day.

Since we are in a tropical country I e-mailed IAMS about it and asked advice. It's hot in the Philippines which may be the reason why we bathe our dogs (and even ourselves) more than other regions. They gave a reply saying atleast once every six weeks. To quote:

"....require more bathing, perhaps every 6 weeks or more frequently. Some

groomers recommend bathing double-coated breeds only about 3 times a

year and suggest that smooth-coated dogs can go a lot longer between

baths than can curly-coated breeds such as poodles. Too frequent bathing

can cause the coat to soften and reduce its insulating qualities.

** So I would suggest that you bath your pet every 6 weeks."

What do you guys think? Here's the article.

The Right Time for Bath Time

There are many different approaches when it comes to bathing dogs. For some dogs, it's a traumatic event that rivals a human getting a root canal. For others, it's a relaxing, peaceful experience. In all cases, dogs do need baths, some more frequently than others. So how do you know when it's the right time to throw your pooch in the tub?

Cleanliness is not next to dogliness

Do you have a dog that excels at getting smelly? Does your dog enjoy practicing “rollover†– in all the muddiest spots in the yard? As they say, dogs will be dogs – some more so than others. So whether your dog is a real wild one, or prefers the confines of a lap on the couch, every dog needs a bath to help keep them clean. Not just for the sake of your nose, but also for your dog's health.

That's because a dog's skin produces a large amount of oil to help keep his fur healthy and to keep the skin from getting too dry. After time though, this oil, along with all the “other things†a dog gets into, begins to cause your dog to smell, or more appropriately, stink!

Your nose knows

When your nose notices your dog before you actually see him, it's time for a bath. Depending on the breed of your dog, and his individual genetics, you may have to give your dog a bath anywhere between a couple of weeks to every three months. What you don't want to do is give your dog a bath just for the sake of it. Those same oils that eventually lead to a stinky dog are vitally important to his health. Without those oils, canine skin becomes unprotected and dry, thus becoming itchy, which can lead to serious skin irritations.

Like people, different dogs have different skin types. If you have a dog that has dry, flaky skin, only bathe him when it's absolutely necessary. One other way to help out your pooch is by using a moisturizing dog shampoo. Ask your vet for a recommendation if you're not sure which one to use. And of course, if you want to really spoil your furry friend, there are always conditioners and leave-in treatments…ah, the life of a dog.

Bath-o-phobia

While the health and hygiene of a dog should be the driving force behind bath time, it's also worth noting the feelings of your dog before subjecting him to this human cleaning ritual. If you have a Golden Retriever or Lab, they may well try to join you while you're in the bath. However, other breeds may not be so gung ho about it.

If you have a dog that hates baths even more than the vacuum cleaner or the mail man, make sure he's in desperate need of a bath before you give him one. Some people believe that a dog should have a bath on a schedule, just like a child. And while it may be true for some dogs, for most it is not.

Wash away your worries

Bathing your dog is a necessary part of dog ownership, but with a little common sense and consideration, it can be something to look forward to. After all, there's nothing better than having your dog smelling clean, all curled up next to you. At least until the next time he decides to change his coat color to mud-brown.

Tell me guys what you think, i have 3 dogs at the moment... iyong isa i just got her recently. Na-compare ko iyong amoy niya with my 2 other dogs and medyo may amoy siya. Iyong dalawa ko kasing dog wala silang amoy kahit ilang days na walang paligo pero siya after a day palang may amoy na ulit. Does it have something to do sa dogfood? Siya lang kasi ang naiiba ang dogfood. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
marami din palang pitbulleros dito!

At the moment I own 2 pitbulls and a belgian malinois.

Someone was asking if there's a dog show for belgians. Sa PCCI dog shows but other than that wala na ako alam. I haven't heard of belgians joining dog shows in the Phil. I think most belgian owners prefer to work their dogs in the field rather than entering them in beauty pageants.

good am sir! i'm thinking of getting belgian too. are they also great in kids? what i have right now is a bunch of labs... mas ok ba xa than germans?

Edited by freezer
Tell me guys what you think, i have 3 dogs at the moment... iyong isa i just got her recently. Na-compare ko iyong amoy niya with my 2 other dogs and medyo may amoy siya. Iyong dalawa ko kasing dog wala silang amoy kahit ilang days na walang paligo pero siya after a day palang may amoy na ulit. Does it have something to do sa dogfood? Siya lang kasi ang naiiba ang dogfood. Thanks.

based from my experience...

-dog food

-breed (what type)

-if female baka in-heat

-pheromone (it's their mark)

-if male baka nagpapakilala lang with other dogs and his dominance (pheromone pa rin)

cheers!

Edited by freezer
good am sir! i'm thinking of getting belgian too. are they also great in kids? what i have right now is a bunch of labs... mas ok ba xa than germans?

IMO, any dog with alot of socialization will be great with kids. What I can assure you about belgians is that they are great guard dogs. Before you get a dog try to research first on the breed so you'll know if it will fit your needs.

based from my experience...

-dog food

-breed (what type)

-if female baka in-heat

-pheromone (it's their mark)

-if male baka nagpapakilala lang with other dogs and his dominance (pheromone pa rin)

cheers!

My dog is a female pitbull. When we first got her wala siyang smell but after a week she developed this light smell. She's not in-heat coz there are no signs at all. So it must be the dog food talaga. Thanks for the help! :goatee: