My Travel Photos

to those who contributes to this thread, good job!

to those who used their own personal pictures in this thread, thank you!

to those who thinks the people here are stupid enough to believe you actually took those pictures in europe or america, get a life. :grr:

no offense to those who prove more than enough.

to those who contributes to this thread, good job!

to those who used their own personal pictures in this thread, thank you!

to those who thinks the people here are stupid enough to believe you actually took those pictures in europe or america, get a life.  :grr:

no offense to those who prove more than enough.

Mind your post! I can read between the lines and disect you like I'm your mother! I can read your mind and hit you where it really hurts! Call me a bitch, I don't care! I have a life! How about you?

I know what you're thinking so don't bother replying to my post.

No, I'm not a mind reader or a psychic. I am worst!

I'm a Psychologist!

You either have a really wierd sense of humor, or you're just plain psychotic! :cool:

Moving right along.......remember that old TV series, Route 66? Here's a short stretch of America's "Mother Road", now a lonely, seldom traveled byway instead of the thoroughfare of the 60's. This is east of the town of Oatman just before the road drops down to the desert.

Two roads on the north American continent I've always wanted to drive - Route 66, and the Alaskan Highway. One down, one to go!

Psychotic? Nope.

Just somebody who enjoys pictures. In this case, anywhere in the world.

agxo3, I have seen your earlier works in this thread. Beautiful. And it pissed me off when somebody interrupted a nice series of pictures, to post a picture stolen in the internet!!!

I could care less if the picture is blurry, HUGE, and have your favorite dog in it, or even yourself included in it. But for God's sake, don't post a picture you didn't take yourself!

I enjoy reading stories behind the pictures, too. It brings the reader to your frame of mind when the picture was taken. Or a historical background of the location.

About Route 66, it became defunct when Interstate travel became common. I have straddled R66 driving from Chicago to St. Louis along I-55. Few of the original 1950's roadside attraction could be seen from the interstate and R-66 almost acted as the frontage road all the way to STL.

You captured a lot of "Americana" but I think you can capture more if you bring your skills in the Philippines and capture more of the vanishing landscape. ;)

Psychotic? Nope.

Just somebody who enjoys pictures. In this case, anywhere in the world.

agxo3, I have seen your earlier works in this thread. Beautiful. And it pissed me off when somebody interrupted a nice series of pictures, to post a picture stolen in the internet!!!

I could care less if the picture is blurry, HUGE, and have your favorite dog in it, or even yourself included in it. But for God's sake, don't post a picture you didn't take yourself!

I enjoy reading stories behind the pictures, too. It brings the reader to your frame of mind when the picture was taken. Or a historical background of the location.

About Route 66, it became defunct when Interstate travel became common. I have straddled R66 driving from Chicago to St. Louis along I-55. Few of the original 1950's roadside attraction could be seen from the interstate and R-66 almost acted as the frontage road all the way to STL.

You captured a lot of "Americana" but I think you can capture more if you bring your skills in the Philippines and capture more of the vanishing landscape.  ;)

Well, that's why I add those notes. Images without context are just pretty visuals.

Rte 66 through Arizona and California have a lot of history remaining, although more is lost every day. The road on the California side is poorly maintained (if at all!) and truly desolate.

I hear the Alaskan highway is no longer the chanllenge it once was - too bad. But I still want to drive it anyway, although like Rte 66 I will probaly not drive the whole length, given time constraints.

I'd like to go shoot ore in Pinas but I just don't have the time - too busy working trying to make enough to retire. Just when I think I'm getting close, I realize just how far away I am. :angry: So I will continue to shoot around here, and one day maybe I'll get time to shoot the vanishing landscapes of Pinas.

And here's another one, just to stay on topic.........

My apologies if I've already posted this. I just don't remember and am too lazy to back read.

Baker's Beach in SF has the advantage of being on the Pacific Ocean side of the Golden Gate. From here you can get a en entirely different view of the bridge.

Neopan400, 120 (6x6) film, shot with a Hasselblad, 80mm lens. Developed in D76, 1:1, 5.5 min. @ 70 deg C. Printed on Calumet Brilliant VCIII, #2 contrast grade. Scanned from print. Shot just before sunset.

post-33551-1099968875.jpg

OK - to make up for a possible report, here's a new one. taken at the Japanese Garden in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. sharp 4Mp digital camera 9an el cheapo digicam) with a #89B IR filter. the pines and other evergreens will not light upwith IR, but deciduous tress 9those that lose their leaves in the winter) will really light up, with their leaves going white!

post-33551-1100493232.jpg

Edited by agxo3
Guest event_horizon

oo pareng Anaheim.. bakasyon ako sa japan ngayon.. puro photo opp ang habol ko this time. pinaka gusto ko yung shot ng waterfalls... it came out better than expected :D