Overcoming obstacles to victory

Today's Scripture

"A wide door has been open to me and with it are many adversaries." (I Corinthians 16:9)

Today's Word

God is always giving you opportunities to move forward in life. It is God's desire that you grow and reach your full potential. Anytime you take a step forward, the enemy will try to bring opposition and adversity against you. But God also promises that through Him, you can overcome any opposition the enemy brings your way.

When you step out in faith and the opposition comes, stand your ground and keep doing what you know to do. Keep on praying. Keep reading the Word. Keep going to church. Keep walking in love and forgiveness, and keep your heart tender. When the enemy sees that you are more determined than he is, he'll back down and you will move forward to new levels of victory! Stay focused and full of joy no matter what comes against you. As you do, you will overcome opposition and discover the champion in you!

A Prayer for Today

God, I will be the steadfast Christian You called me to be with the help of prayer, Bible study, and Christian fellowship. I have faith that I will overcome whatever comes my way.

In Jesus' Name – Amen.

Dear God,

Thank you for the angels you sent me this week. Keep them and those they love safe and happy, give them some of the happy moments you intended for me.

A special prayer goes out, too, for a troubled soul. Give this soul some of the peace of mind you planned for me.

And for those I love, I would gladly give up all the good things you meant for me so you could give it to them but I know you never make things work that way but just in case it's possible I'm putting in that request too.

Thank you for always listening to my prayers and thank you for all your blessings.

-L-

Dear God...

Lagi na lang akong nalulungkot....baguhin mo naman ako o...kase kung kaya ko lang dapat nagawa ko na noon pa. Ang hirap hirap..paulit-ulit na lang,nakakapagod na sobra..kung di mo gagawin...then just let me go. Alam mo naman kung bat di ako makailis diba? do something about it naman o. Sa totoo lang I was never really happy being here..di naman talaga nakakaaliw yung paglagay mo sa kin dito eh, ikaw kaya? :cry: ...gusto ko na talaga magpahinga.

Dear Lord,

It is in times of personal tranquility & contentment like this that You are preparing me for something.

Just want you to know You won't catch me as unprepared again this time around. I'll try to be a better sport & a better team player too.

If You can trust in me, I know I can trust in You.

Oh, thanks for the bonus time you've given to my folks & me. I promise not to be greedy but please don't skimp either.

Continue to watch over my friends & everyone here at MTC. In tough times, please give them strength & faith in You. In good times, continue Your generosity towards them, even if they forget to thank You. I know You're used to that but even then ... Pasensiya ka na rin sa akin.

And if we protest much, I know You remember that who protests much also loves much. That's just how we are, we love much even if we don;t know the best way how.

Cheerio!

Coming from one of Your creatures I know You'd like to give good whupping to because I deserve it. :rolleyes:

Edited by TNT Hsia

For those who need it ...

PRAY FOR GROWTH IN KNOWLEDGE AND DISCERNMENT Php 1:9-11

And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that

you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and

without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of

righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. Love

for fellow Christians is one of the primary characteristics of a Christian. In

fact "We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our

brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death." 1John 3:14 "And he has

given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother." 1John 4:21

Jesus himself said, "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you

love one another." John 13:35 But the actual practice of love can be difficult

to grasp. For WHAT in particular do you do? And how can you DISCERN the real

needs to be met, and the way in which to meet them?

Thus Paul prays this prayer. And so also should we. For applied love is one

based upon a proper understanding of the circumstances. It's actions are based

upon one's discernment of the real needs and how to properly meet those needs.

And God is willing and eager to help us in these areas. It's one thing to have

a feeling of love, but where the rubber meets the road, knowledge and

discernment are necessary.

Poon ng mga lasing, nawa'y ilapit mo sa disgrasya yung mga ka-trabaho ko na dumaan sa Mega Mall para umattend ng Oktoberfest samantalang kami nama'y nagta-trabaho at kumakayod para lang maisalba ang Service Level ng Support Site namin... Panalangin ko na sana'y mai-lapit sa kamalasan sila, lalo na yung mga Bosses.

Amin! -_-

I'm putting myself out there ... sending my CVs, helping our Toastmaster club when/how I can, offering my services/talents/know-how and doing what I can here at home to lessen the chores for my cousins.

May ALL these serve as some kind of offering?

Will be good ... ;-)

Grant me work soon ... please?

Edited by barenaked

DEAR GOD,

thnx for all the blessing that u give to me..hope you understand me kung bakit ko to ginawa

bigyan u pa me nang time at pang unawa sa mga things na ginagawa ko

sana lagi ok family ko and sana guide u me sa school k always

love you god at sana ilayo u muna ako sa mga suitor ko..ayoko pa po... :hypocritesmiley:

God,

I'm having trouble lately with myself and feels damn heavy and I don't know why. I don't know if something I did, or something not healthy inside me or why I feel so depressed. Hmmm.. I know you know. Well anyways please help me have the right decisions... help me overcome the libido when making decisions. Help me have my head on top works, rather than the one at the bottom. Forgive me, for misunderstanding the GRO on the other night, not paying her the extra 1000 for the sex that we had. Forgive me for not being honest all along with my Girlfriend. Forgive me for being such a jerk on all the girls that I had relationships with. Forgive me for being so conceited sometimes, it blinded me the truth. Forgive me for not understanding you. Forgive me making myself happy and not carring for others around me. Thank you for giving me hope, thanks for the guidance. Thanks for being a friend to me. Thanks for making the people that are close to me safe. I love you God.

By the way say regards and say hi to me for my Lolas and my Lolos who I havent seen since I was born except for my other Lola.

Thanks man!